Breaking edges

sheedahp

Hello everyone, I'm new to this site and I have gathered some really good advice so far. I was wondering if anyone had any tips for breaking edges. I have a fairly healthy head of hair but I think my edges are breaking from wrapping at nite. Any suggestions?:ohwell:

MummysGirl

Welcome :)

What kind of scarf do you use at night after wrapping? Or... If you think your wrapping might be causing breakage, alternate sides. You could try cross wrapping... I'm not sure if this will work for you cos I don't know how long your hair is.
Do you do anything else that might make your edges weaker - braids, weaves?
When you get touch ups, how long does your relaxer stay on your edges before rinsing out?
How often do you DC?
Do you moisturise your edges?

Sorry so many questions

sheedahp

I do alternate sides, I used to only wrap one side and that side was thinner than the other and my stylist told me to alternate and when I did the other side started thinning. I go to the salon for my relaxers and I dont think she leaves the relaxeron the edges too long. I dont do weaves or braids. I just recently changed scarves, I think that may be part of the problem. When I wake up my scarf is half off and my edges are exposed, but I sleep on a satin pillow as well. I dont know. I also just recently started using Dr miracles temple and nape balm so hopefully that will help.