Breonna Taylor, Kentucky Emt Worker, Shot Dead After Police Raided 'wrong Home'

Rastafarai

It's so exhausting being black in this country.

Specified that for you. I encourage every Black woman, man and child to consider living your life outside USA shores. We do not have to continue being subjected to this type of abuse and mass killings. We are an endangered community so long as we live here. Its not the first time I've been saying this on this forum, nor would it be my last. We are at war and we need to get out.

kimpaur

Specified that for you. I encourage every Black woman, man and child to consider living your life outside USA shores. We do not have to continue being subjected to this type of abuse and mass killings. We are an endangered community so long as we live here. Its not the first time I've been saying this on this forum, nor would it be my last. We are at war and we need to get out.
Where’s a good place? I’m seriously at a loss

nichelle02

I've been considering it. I don't have children. My parents are now deceased as well as my only sibling. It's been a rough few years. With Covid I've been doing a lot of thinking about the direction of my future. I have no real reason to stay here.

lavaflow99

In search of the next vacation

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
I am disgusted by the whole situation. The prosecutor, the men who think that they should be hiding behind black women, the cops, the black women who are about to get pepper sprayed and beaten for no reason. It is just a mess.
Additional detail that adds to the mess:

-the ex-boyfriend drug dealer creating a paper trail that connects her to him, e.g. having a murder victim show up in a rented car that she allowed him to borrow, mentioned her name several times over the phone claiming that she was holding money for him (http://juryverdicts.net/LMPDBreonnaTaylorReport.pdf)
:nono: I don’t know anything about this life, but I’d assume there’d be some kind of code against deliberately endangering your loved ones. I need BW to see this and realize even when you cut ties (Breonna had blocked his number), the efferyy of this street life continues to puts you in harm’s way.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
I would :censored: never. How do you even let somebody talk you into this?

Kanky

Additional detail that adds to the mess:

-the ex-boyfriend drug dealer creating a paper trail that connects her to him, e.g. having a murder victim show up in a rented car that she allowed him to borrow, mentioned her name several times over the phone claiming that she was holding money for him (http://juryverdicts.net/LMPDBreonnaTaylorReport.pdf)
:nono: I don’t know anything about this life, but I’d assume there’d be some kind of code against deliberately endangering your loved ones. I need BW to see this and realize even when you cut ties (Breonna had blocked his number), the efferyy of this street life continues to puts you in harm’s way.
Knowing them or living next door to them puts you in harms way. Dating them is :nono:

I know a black woman who was injured while shopping at a mall in a black neighborhood because the police had a drug sting that turned violent. The police need to enforce low level drug crimes without kicking down doors in the middle of the night or endangering the public. They are acting like they are about to get El Chapo over some low level street dealers. What kind of drugs did the ex boyfriend sell? I am hoping that this was not all over some marijuana.

meka72

Breonna Taylor grand jurors say police actions were 'negligent' and 'criminal'
"They couldn't even provide a risk assessment," one of the anonymous grand jurors said in an interview on "CBS This Morning." "And it sounded like they hadn't done one."
By Janelle Griffith
Oct. 27, 2020, 8:12 PM EDT

Two grand jurors in the Breonna Taylor case said the actions of Louisville, Kentucky, police officers the day of the botched raid at her apartment were "negligent" and "criminal."

"They couldn't even provide a risk assessment," one of the anonymous grand jurors, identified as juror one, said in an interview scheduled to air Wednesday on "CBS This Morning." "And it sounded like they hadn't done one."

Taylor was fatally shot by police during a narcotics raid.

CBS News' Gayle King asked the two jurors what they "thought of the police behavior and actions" on March 13, according to a part of the interview released Tuesday. The jurors' faces were blurred. They are the first of the 12 people impaneled for the grand jury to speak publicly.

IMAGE: Breonna Taylor
Breonna Taylor.Family photo
"So their organization leading up to this was lacking," juror one said. "That's what I mean by they were negligent in the operation."

The other anonymous juror said that police were "criminal" leading up to the raid and that "the way they moved forward on it, including the warrant, was deception."

Kentucky Attorney General Daniel Cameron did not respond to a request for comment Tuesday.

An anonymous grand juror had requested a judge's permission to speak publicly after Cameron announced last month that no officers would be directly charged in Taylor's death. The grand juror said the jury was not given the option to consider homicide charges, the juror's attorney, Kevin Glogower, said in September.

Kentucky Attorney General Daniel Cameron addresses the media in Frankfort, Ky., on Sept. 23 following the return of a grand jury investigation into the death of Breonna Taylor.Timothy D. Easley / AP file
On Oct. 20, a judge granted grand jurors permission to speak publicly. Cameron, who in court had opposed allowing grand jurors to speak about the proceedings, said he would not appeal the decision.

"Questions were asked about the additional charges, and the grand jury was told there would be none because the prosecutors didn't feel they could make them stick," the grand juror said in a statement. "The grand jury didn't agree that certain actions were justified, nor did it decide the indictment should be the only charges in the Breonna Taylor case."

In a separate statement, another grand juror represented by Glogower said they were "pleased" with the judge's ruling and "will be discussing possible next steps with counsel."

The grand jury charged a former Louisville police detective, Brett Hankison, with three counts of wanton endangerment. He is accused of firing blindly into an apartment and recklessly endangering Taylor's neighbors; he has pleaded not guilty.

Hankison was fired in June for "wantonly and blindly" firing into the apartment, according to his termination letter.

Download the NBC News app for breaking news and alerts

Cameron announced the results of the grand jury investigation Sept. 23, saying "the grand jury agreed" that the officers who shot Taylor, Myles Cosgrove and Sgt. Jonathan Mattingly, were justified in returning fire after they were shot at by her boyfriend, Kenneth Walker. Cameron said Walker's lone gunshot struck Mattingly in the leg.

Walker fired a shot at the front door, according to police. Walker, who had a license to carry firearms, has said he believed the operation was a home invasion.

Officers opened fire, hitting Taylor six times. Officers insist that they knocked and announced who they were.

Janelle Griffith
Janelle Griffith is a national reporter for NBC News.