Bride Dies In Car Crash, Wedding Photographer Refuses To Issue Refund

Maracujá

November 2020 --> 14 years natural!!!
?

Are you talking about the company?

Both the company and the groom. Have had this conversation with my White co-workers and had to nip it in the bud, as they looked at me strangely. In my country, we would still be mourning at this time. But over here (Northern America + Europe), it's like you don't really get that time. It's so strange to me.

kupenda

Both the company and the groom. Have had this conversation with my White co-workers and had to nip it in the bud, as they looked at me strangely. In my country, we would still be mourning at this time. But over here (Northern America + Europe), it's like you don't really get that time. It's so strange to me.

Can you elaborate? His fiancee died in February. I’m sure he’s still in mourning

Maracujá

Can you elaborate? His fiancee died in February. I’m sure he’s still in mourning

I'm from Angola. Our system is not like theirs, with insurances and stuff. But immediately thinking about your financial wellbeing after a loved one has passed, can easily get you accused of witchcraft. We allow people enough time to mourn and a year later, people come back together for a sit down. Just to spend time with the person mourning and possibly offer financial help. You yourself are not to worry about that.

Or even getting remarried quickly or having children too quickly after. In Bakongo culture, when a mother loses a child - especially a young child - she is not allowed to have sexual intercourse with her DH for an entire year.

kupenda

I'm from Angola. Our system is not like theirs, with insurances and stuff. But immediately thinking about your financial wellbeing after a loved one has passed, can easily get you accused of witchcraft. We allow people enough time to mourn and a year later, people come back together for a sit down. Just to spend time with the person mourning and possibly offer financial help. You yourself are not to worry about that.

Or even getting remarried quickly or having children too quickly after. In Bakongo culture, when a mother loses a child - especially a young child - she is not allowed to have sexual intercourse with her DH for an entire year.

Oh

Leeda.the.Paladin

Thank you for explaining. Yes it is different here. In my personal experience, people are pretty respectful of others in mourning. But no, businesses are not going to take that as an excuse for not paying bills in general. Which probably explains the go fund mes that pop up after a death occurs. People want the loved ones not to have to worry as much about money.

I have a coworker whose 1 year old son died in his sleep. They never found out to cause. After her family leave was up, she petitioned her employer to stay at home longer. Again, coworkers stepped forward to donate leave time so she would not suffer financially. However, she was not granted the extra time.

So I would argue that individuals, for the most part, are pretty good about supporting those in morning, but businesses, in general, are not.

Having said all that, the description that you posted above seems to indicate to me that both ways have their flaws.

Last edited:

Maracujá

Thank you for explaining. Yes it is different here. In my personal experience, people are pretty respectful of others in mourning. But no, businesses are not going to take that as an excuse for not paying bills in general. Which probably explains the go fund mes that pop up after a death occurs. People want the loved ones not to have to worry as much about money.

I have a coworker whose 1 year old son died in his sleep. They never found out to cause. After her family leave was up, she petitioned her employer to stay at home longer. Again, coworkers stepped forward to donate leave time so she would not suffer financially. However, she was not granted the extra time.

So I would argue that individuals, for the most part, are pretty good about supporting those in morning, but businesses, in general, are not.

Having said all that, the description that you posted above seems to indicate to me that both ways have their flaws.

Indeed.