Bride Kidnapping In Kyrgyzstan

1QTPie

Elder Sim

This video keeps popping up on my feed.

In Kyrgyzstan, men kidnap women and take them as their bride. It's a tolerated practice. It doesn't matter if the men are strangers, the women almost have no choice.

I mean, this centuries of nonsense and tomfoolery. They're lucky that women aren't more murderous.

Last edited:

LdyKamz

I didn't watch the entire thing but in the first part of the video the man says that the woman has been his friend for a long time, she knows she is going to be his wife so why are they kidnapping her? Then the other couple where the man went to her and asked should I come to you with my family or should I kidnap you and then he came back and kidnapped her? I don't even understand what the tradition actually is. Is it just the kidnapping part whether you know the woman or not?

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
I didn't watch the entire thing but in the first part of the video the man says that the woman has been his friend for a long time, she knows she is going to be his wife so why are they kidnapping her? Then the other couple where the man went to her and asked should I come to you with my family or should I kidnap you and then he came back and kidnapped her? I don't even understand what the tradition actually is. Is it just the kidnapping part whether you know the woman or not?
The kidnapping is to reinforce that even if the woman wants to get married, she really has no say.

Ivonnovi

It will take 5-10 brave women to chop off some ds, and they might get the ball rolling. It's sad it has to be done that way, but men won't learn that they don't own us without a serious fight.

Regarding the bolded....you forgot to add "No Pun Intended", :amen:

But really, they feel that they can do this because it's "Ancient"? Their reasoning is not supported by documentation in their own "Cultures" documentation, which clearly the families either don't read or don't acknowledge the omission of data on.

But in their twisted defense.
1. The explanation offered about how the Russian's influence and progressive actions may have led to this to try to thwart arranged marriages. and
2. If the female went along willingly (or said Yes easily) she would be seen as impure; a high resistance is seen as a sign of Purity ....so in the end this makes the (knowing) Bride look more Pure

No matter which Justification/logic they use they are still dead wrong. Heck; 'Merica's justification for Slavery was just as F-LAWED!

Petal26

Regarding the bolded....you forgot to add "No Pun Intended", :amen:

But really, they feel that they can do this because it's "Ancient"? Their reasoning is not supported by documentation in their own "Cultures" documentation, which clearly the families either don't read or don't acknowledge the omission of data on.

But in their twisted defense.
1. The explanation offered about how the Russian's influence and progressive actions may have led to this to try to thwart arranged marriages. and
2. If the female went along willingly (or said Yes easily) she would be seen as impure; a high resistance is seen as a sign of Purity ....so in the end this makes the (knowing) Bride look more Pure

No matter which Justification/logic they use they are still dead wrong. Heck; 'Merica's justification for Slavery was just as F-LAWED!

:lol:

I can imagine all the people/men thinking "she really wants this, she's just faking it to look pure". Lordt... :nono: