Broken Pibbs??

tapioca_pudding

I turned my Pibbs 514 on a few days ago only to discover that the fan/blower wasn't working. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

It's past the 1 year mark so the warranty is expired. (I bought it in Nov 2007 :rolleyes: :lol: Missed it by a month.)

I have emailed the company that I purchased it from just to see if they could be of any assistance. I also emailed the Pibbs company to see if they can offer guidance.

I called a couple salons in my area to get the name of the person they use to maintain their hairdryers; I'm waiting on call backs.

Does anyone have another suggestion??? I'm so hurt about my Pibbs...... it's only been a year and the thing died on me. I *hope* I wasn't sold a faulty piece of equipment, but I really just want my dryer to be fixed.

TIA guys..

I agree with Wheezy. Hope everything works out. I wanted to jump on the Pibbs 2009 buy in, but now I'm leary. Search the threads for suggestions. You're not the first person this happened to. I have a Lazey Daisy that I purchased 15 years ago and it still works. I think I'll stick with old faithful. Good Luck !!!!!!!!!

No advice. Just hoping everything works out.

No advice. Just hoping everything works out.
Thanks lady... :kiss: Me too, I hope it works out. I feel slightly handicapped. :lol: (J/K)

Try calling Pibbs industries they may be able to assist you further.

I didn't think to call them, thanks for the suggestion! :D

I agree with Wheezy. Hope everything works out. I wanted to jump on the Pibbs 2009 buy in, but now I'm leary. Search the threads for suggestions. You're not the first person this happened to. I have a Lazey Daisy that I purchased 15 years ago and it still works. I think I'll stick with old faithful. Good Luck !!!!!!!!!
Hey if it ain't broke, don't fix it!! :yep: If your Lazey Daisy is still working well for you, I wouldn't change a thing. I LOVE my Pibbs very much and I don't ever regret buying it.... I just think I may have been sold a faulty piece of equipment. I did a board search and found a couple threads but none with my exact problem. Thanks so much for responding. :D

My Pibbs 514 quit working a month before the warranty expired. The heating unit went out. Luckily, I was able to send it back to Pibbs and they fixed it free of charge. I had to pay to ship it to them. They do, however, still fix dryers that are past expiration but they charge and I don't know how much.

I turned my Pibbs 514 on a few days ago only to discover that the fan/blower wasn't working. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

It's past the 1 year mark so the warranty is expired. (I bought it in Nov 2007 :rolleyes: :lol: Missed it by a month.)

I have emailed the company that I purchased it from just to see if they could be of any assistance. I also emailed the Pibbs company to see if they can offer guidance.

I called a couple salons in my area to get the name of the person they use to maintain their hairdryers; I'm waiting on call backs.

Does anyone have another suggestion??? I'm so hurt about my Pibbs...... it's only been a year and the thing died on me. I *hope* I wasn't sold a faulty piece of equipment, but I really just want my dryer to be fixed.

TIA guys..

Back