Brush Hair Dryer

preciouslove0x

What do you ladies think about a 'brush' hair dryer? Does anyone have one? Does anyone prefer it over a regular blow dryer with a comb/brush attachment? I'm really tempted to getting one like the one below.

WyrdWay

I have never tried one. But I have been afraid of useing round brushes since I was little an had a horrible tangling experiance with one. So I probably wouldn't try the dryer out.

Hopefully someone else will chime it :)

RelaxednNapulous

I used one when I first started growing out my hair in late 2004. It worked OK and the one I bought had 2 size barrels, so I used it for a while as my hair grew. I've thought about buying another one, since I still have trouble with round brushes.

I wouldn't get one like in the picture, I'm always suspicious of brushes with those knobs on the ends because my hair likes to tangle anyway and it always gets snagged on those knobs. I used one with bristles.

Let your hair dry most of the way, or it will take you forever. It worked very well that way -- had body and curls. Most have a cold button to seal in the curl and a release button to unwind the curl without tangling and yanking.

Good luck!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I have one of these and it did work great on my hair when it was relaxed. My TWA is too short to test it, but I saw a really good You Tube video where a woman used a brush dryer to straiten her daughter's hair. It came out really great, but the brush nozzle was a lot larger and used boar's bristles on it to smooth out her kinks. I am drying for my TWA to grow out so I can try it out. If I remember the type of brush dryer it was the Babyliss one that also came with a flat iron.

preciouslove0x

Thank you ladies for the responses. I've been doing some more research on these type of blow dryers (hot air dryers) and have come down to these two (below). Which one did you think would work better for me?

-OR-

Conair BC173 1 1/4" Instant Heat Hot Brush Hair Care

-OR-
Conair Infiniti Hair Designer Model #208r

I've found a video where a woman is using the Hair Designer on her daughter here --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqGuswBcurw&feature=related
But I have yet to find a video that shows an AA woman use the hot brush one.

Any suggestions as to which one I should try?

ETA: I just wanted to add that I wanted a blow dryer like this in order to STRETCH my hair and not straighten. Most blow dryers with the comb attachments are pretty heavy and awkward to hold. That's why I'm looking at these types.

Last edited:

RelaxednNapulous

Thank you ladies for the responses. I've been doing some more research on these type of blow dryers (hot air dryers) and have come down to these two (below). Which one did you think would work better for me?

-OR-

Conair BC173 1 1/4" Instant Heat Hot Brush Hair Care

-OR-
Conair Infiniti Hair Designer Model #208r

These are models I've considered, too, but I can't figure out how they work or how to put my hair in them, even after watching videos. There's a lot going on with all those teeth!

virtuenow

I am researching this infiniti conair model as well. Its an interesting contrapment. I saw at Sears some months back. I'd like to see clear natural video review. That video was difficult to see the actual hair. Yeah, I can't use those long nozzle blow dryers, very akward.

MzSwift

I just bought the Conair hotbrush last month and the darn brush attachment won't stay on no matter how little hair I used. So I gave up and banded my hair instead.

I was torn between the hotbrush and one of those top-heavy blow dryers pictured above. I should've gone for the hair dryer w/attachment.

preciouslove0x

Just a little update. I have been using the Conair Infiniti Hair Designer Model #208r for about three months now. I absolutely love it! I have fine 4b hair it makes it as straight as a flat iron.

Thanks for everyone who helped out with my choice!

tatiana

I have hot brush...I like it. It is like a dryer and curling iron in one.
I use it for when I do roller sets to touch up my roots.
Mine does not get that hot which is fine so i would not use it to go from wet to dry.
If you have a problem with using two arms at once such as round brush in one hand and blowdryer in another, this is a good tool to have.

Seamonster

These are models I've considered, too, but I can't figure out how they work or how to put my hair in them, even after watching videos. There's a lot going on with all those teeth!

Oh my goodness, I have been using these for many years, and I love them. It detangles my hair, while drying. The small one is for short to medium length hair, I was able to get my hair straighter with this one, and found it easy to use. I now use the big one because I can do my hair faster, but it is heavier, and more awkward.