Brush or Comb for wrapping?

Nice

For all my ladies that do Wash-n-Sets, do you use a brush or a comb to wrap your hair afterwards? After I take out my braids and I really going to start babying my hair /images/graemlins/smile.gif. When I used a brush in the past, it felt like it was ripping out my hair so I decided to have the hairdresser use a wide tooth comb to wrap my hair.

What do you use?

sengschick

The Bun Master
I use both, but I use a paddle brush. I comb the hair into the needed the direction then go in w/the paddle brush. I only run over w/a bristle brush once it's settled just to smooth it over. I have to say that I don't care for the process a great deal b/c its against everything I know to brush my ends w/bristles /images/graemlins/crazy.gif . I set and wrap once a month at the most /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif.

KAddy

i use either a wide tooth comb or my fingers to "comb" it around my head. I don't know what happened to my paddle brush, but I used to use that.

NYCQT16

Natural Again
[ QUOTE ]
Tami said:
I use a wide tooth comb and once it is place, I use a brush to smooth.

[/ QUOTE ]

me too

cutebajangirl

I use a comb wide tooth or a paddle brush only if I have a fresh relaxer. I smooth with the back of a small tooth comb or use a really really soft bristle brush.

sengschick

The Bun Master
[ QUOTE ]
webby said:
I never use brushes outside of using one for my blowdry.

[/ QUOTE ]
My hair has never been trained to wrap, so it cuts up /images/graemlins/nono.gif. I envy women w/that wrap trained hair that only requires a little comb into place. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

candibaby

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
I use either my wide tooth comb or my paddle brush.

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto. my paddle brush has nylon bristles (jilbere)

Chaya

Ill use my Denman D8 brush, paddle brush or wide tooth comb. I rollerset my hair 1-2/week. Lately I havent been wrapping my hair beacause Ive been wanting taht curly look. So, Ive been pinning my hair up loosely on the top of my head at night with large bobby pins, then Ill tie a silk scarf around very loosely and then put a silk bonnet on top. My curls have been fabulous all week!!! AND I sweat like a monkey at night so I am very surprised that this technique has worked on my hair!!

A

anks

I know this is off topic. Chaya is that you in your avatar? If so you look so beautiful and gosh your hair is gorgeous and thick!!!!