BSL 2012 Challenge!!!

clairelynette

Long time no see everyone! I may not have posted very much during this challenge but I've been keeping up with everyone else thanks to the update e-mails. Congratulations to everyone who has reached their goals this year and good luck to everyone still plugging through!

I guess I was a bit naïve when I thought I'd reach BSL by the end of the year. I'll be close, just not close enough to claim it. I think it has something to do with my perception of how long my hair really is, better known as wishful thinking. (I have the opposite problem of some folks whereas they tend to see their hair is shorter than it really is, I tend to see mine as longer than it really is) I'll likely get there at around May/June time and I think (hoping I'm not overshooting) that I should be mid-back by the end of next year and full mid-back during the summer of 2014. I think I'll start maintaining that length once I get there.

I won't be joining any new challenges because I just don't seem to make time for them, but I will be posting my final relaxer pictures in January/February to show everyone here my progress. It has been a good year and I've retained almost all six inches so I'm not disappointed that I haven't reached the visual goal of BSL. My regimen is still keeping me in check and I'll get the look I want eventually.

ManiiSweetheart

Hello ladies! In November I straightened my hair for my birthday and I took pics and will reveal those December 31st along with the final length check. I'm sure I reached Bsl my the skin of my teeth but ill take it, hoping for more growth by the end of the year but I'm happy with what I have now.

Trini_Chutney

Peeing in my shower
My transformer melted the plug on my tyche blow dryer so I won't be straightening for the rest of the year unless I can find a new one that I like on amazon. I'm pretty sure I made it though based on my November flat iron so I'm considering myself a graduate! Congrats to everyone that made it, and for those still on the road keep up your regimen!

rachelpierre7385

Hello ladies I made it to full brastrap length by the grace of God. The pic below shows my hair in mini twist I did with my own natural hair and I just took two of my twists and pulled it down to show the length. I am so pleased and thank God for reaching this goal. I have to say that in the beginning of this year I suffered a major setback and had to cut like 4 to 5 inches off from my nape due to moisture overload. Yes it is possible to have moisture overload especially if there isn't enough protein to balance it out. I learned that the hard way. But ladies if you have ever suffered a setback believe me there is always a comeback. Just be patient and consistent and keep it simple that's what worked for me and I achieved results. I wish all you ladies best of luck in reaching your hair goals. Don't give up. If you suffer a setback this year there's hope of gaining the length you desire and more next year. Now on to Mbl Wl Hip and beyond. Lord willing :)

IMG_20121210_190152-1.jpg

livinthevida

:hiya: Ladies!

:bump::bump::bump::bump:

We are OFFICIALLY 3 weeks from the start of a NEW YEAR 2013! :cheers:Starting this New Year's party right with a band to launch our COUNTDOWN :band: and dancing bananas! :grin:
:yay: :yay: :yay:

CONGRATULATIONS to ALL who have already achieved their APL & BSL Goals! I will see youuuuu at our New Year's Eve Length Check! :wink2:

:fan:

ManiiSweetheart

Today is wash day! Also a trim day for me. Trimming so close to a length check doesn't bother me much since what I cut now will be back later lol.

Today I shampooed, in shower steamed with HE totally twisted conditioner. Let that sit for 5 minutes. Detangled (hair felt like Butter!) Warm water rinsed and now I'm under a heat cap DCing.

My scalp is giving me kisses since I used too much product last week and was too lazy to cowash.

I'm not length checking until the 31st ..hoping for a couple millimeters of growth by then lol Have a great day ladies!

coolsista-paris

All right after claiming bsb in august my hair has finally touched bsl. Just checked this.today.after trimming then flat ironning my hair. Im happy !!!!! never thought.ill touch my bra

ForumRunner_20121223_013022.jpg

ForumRunner_20121223_013110.jpg

RegaLady

Because of a recent trim, I'm BSB, but I am making bsl by this spring so I'm moving on to mbl 2013 challenge:look:

Last edited:

djkforeal

Hello Ladies,
Well I can finally say that I have in fact made it to Bra Strap Length!:rolleyes:
I have went a whole 2 years trying to achieve this length and now I can feel comfortable claiming it. I want to say thank you to all the ladies who have kept up with the post's on this challenge because it has really kept me on track even though I did not post a lot this year. I have noticed that my hair has gotten even thinner than it was before the longer it has gotten, but my hair is thin to begin with so I can't be too starttled by that. I think my hair is looking very anorexic in this picture but that is because I use Argan oil as my heat protectant and I am still growing out a section that I burned off last year with my marcel irons :nono:. Plus I didn't have anyone to take this picture and it was hard for me to take it, so my hair is kind of messy. I like using the Argan Oil as a heat protectant because my hair does not have that awful burnt smell to it after flat ironing, like it used to be before that. Even when I used spray on heat protectants in the past like Motions or Turn up the Heat, it would still smell burnt which meant that I burned the hair and would wind up with heat damage :nono:.
I did cut about 2 inches total of my ends off after this picture because I have not flat ironed my hair since January of this year and it really needed it. I may even take the split ender through it during my New Year's vacation time coming up. Overall I am happy with the length, but I need to step up the protein and deep conditioner routine for next year so that I can try to thicken up the strands a little bit, if anyone has any suggestions for ways to thicken or strengthen the hair naturally without chemicals then please let me know. So, now I am off to the MBL 2013 challenge but again I want to say congratulations to all the ladies that made BSL this year and thank you to all the ladies in this challenge.
Peace and Blessings for the New Year. :yep:

Attachments

• 122512 BSL Length Check.JPG
    122512 BSL Length Check.JPG
    15.1 KB · Views: 77

KurlyNinja

Did a pull test (tried not to pull too hard) and I'm about an inch away from BSL. So I'm not making it. Still excited to straighten my hair in the upcoming few days. I still cannot remember when the last time my hair was this long. My natural shrunken hair is starting to feel like a lot so I can only imagine it straight. This flat iron session shall be fun!

irisak

So loooking at the length checks all over the board made me curious so I flat ironed today. I'm 12 weeks post in this picture but I'm grazing bsl! I'm not gonna claim it until I touch up in March but I think I made it. It's already puffing up though but those are the breaks when you stretch. I've got it wrapped up tight now so hopefully it will behave in the morning. Then I'll dust over the long weekend and probably post in another sew in.

ForumRunner_20121227_232529.jpg

trendsetta25

:-( unfortunately I didn't make BSL by my goal time. Here's my current length. I relaxed today after stretching for 28 weeks.

image-2460738307.jpg

GroovyMama

So, I am grazing BSL. I'm claiming it. I trimmed to right at BSL. Hoping to be full BSL by 3/31/13.

Attachments

• 2012-12-25 18.35.07.jpg
    2012-12-25 18.35.07.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 76

Onhergrind09

I relaxed yesterday and here are the results. After my relaxer I was touching BSL but those mangled ends needed to go, so I trimmed off an inch all around. I know full BSL is only a few months away, I won't claim it until then.

Attachments

• 2012-12-28 21.01.33.jpg
    2012-12-28 21.01.33.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 102
  • 2012-12-28 21.03.41.jpg
    2012-12-28 21.03.41.jpg
    527.4 KB · Views: 85
  • 2012-12-29 13.56.41.jpg
    2012-12-29 13.56.41.jpg
    504.7 KB · Views: 84
  • 2012-12-29 14.00.38.jpg
    2012-12-29 14.00.38.jpg
    524.6 KB · Views: 91

livinthevida

Ladies sharing my update via the Final Length Check of APL 2012 Challenge!

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S 2013!!! LADIES :party:

:cheers:

Checking in to our official end of year *BSL* 2012 Length Check! Congratulations to all who have achieved APL and continue to inspire the rest of us to reach Great Lengths :wink2:

Many of you know I contemplated what to gift myself with this year after taking time to learn how to care for my hair. This was a long and wonderful lesson to learn and a journey I am thankful in starting with all of you! I finally decided to trim my hair as we leap into a New Year 2013! I know I know! BUT I felt my hair needed a trim especially since its last trim was January 2012. It is really perfect timing to have a new trim as January 2013 is beginning!

Here are my length check pictures:
1. November 2012 Length Check - aaaaahhh there goes all that hair! Weird thing about trimming is that I've yet to miss all of this hair. My hair is stronger since this trim and is easier to manage (for now! of course!)
2. December 2012 left - here's a bobby pin marking the curling end of my newly trimmed hair and how very far is that APL line :spinning:
3. December 2012 right - here's the right side marking APL line
4. December 2012 rear - here's the rear of my hair marking new lengths for APL, BSL, and MBL 2013!
5. December 2012 left - here's the texture of my hair on the left side still keeping with Organic Coconut Oil (OCO) :yep:
6. December 2012 right - here's the texture of my hair on the right side
7. Timmer - here's my original trimmer that I used to cut my hair in January 2012 and now December 2012

Plus I finally have a new HTC phone with great camera coverage yet it's hard to tell since I still need to work on taking better pictures! LOL! :grin:

Attachments

• LC_11-10-12.JPG
    LC_11-10-12.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 45
  • LC_left1_12-31-2012.JPG
    LC_left1_12-31-2012.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 35
  • LC_right_12-31-2012.JPG
    LC_right_12-31-2012.JPG
    19.5 KB · Views: 34
  • LC_rear_12-31-2012.JPG
    LC_rear_12-31-2012.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

livinthevida

Ladies sharing my update via the Final Length Check of APL 2012 Challenge!

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S 2013!!! LADIES :party:

:cheers:

Checking in to our official end of year APL 2012 Length Check! Congratulations to all who have achieved APL and continue to inspire the rest of us to reach Great Lengths :wink2:

Many of you know I contemplated what to gift myself with this year after taking time to learn how to care for my hair. This was a long and wonderful lesson to learn and a journey I am thankful in starting with all of you! I finally decided to trim my hair as we leap into a New Year 2013! I know I know! BUT I felt my hair needed a trim especially since its last trim was January 2012. It is really perfect timing to have a new trim as January 2013 is beginning!

Here are my length check pictures:
1. November 2012 Length Check - aaaaahhh there goes all that hair! Weird thing about trimming is that I've yet to miss all of this hair. My hair is stronger since this trim and is easier to manage (for now! of course!)
2. December 2012 left - here's a bobby pin marking the curling end of my newly trimmed hair and how very far is that APL line :spinning:
3. December 2012 right - here's the right side marking APL line
4. December 2012 rear - here's the rear of my hair marking new lengths for APL, BSL, and MBL 2013!
5. December 2012 left - here's the texture of my hair on the left side still keeping with Organic Coconut Oil (OCO) :yep:
6. December 2012 right - here's the texture of my hair on the right side
7. Timmer - here's my original trimmer that I used to cut my hair in January 2012 and now December 2012

Plus I finally have a new HTC phone with great camera coverage yet it's hard to tell since I still need to work on taking better pictures! LOL! :grin:
Ladies posting Part II here:
attachments are a maximum of 5

Attachments

• LC_lefthairtexture_12-31-12.JPG
    LC_lefthairtexture_12-31-12.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 29
  • LC_righthairtexture_12-31-12.JPG
    LC_righthairtexture_12-31-12.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 26
  • LC_trim!_12-31-2012.JPG
    LC_trim!_12-31-2012.JPG
    20.9 KB · Views: 24

rachelpierre7385

Hello ladies just stopping by to submit my last pic for this challenge. My hair journey was a struggle but I am thankful to God for helping me to make it where I am today with my hair. I also want to thank you awesome ladies for

ForumRunner_20121231_214438.jpg

ForumRunner_20121231_214523.jpg

the knowledge that you have shared on this forum and also for the threads that help us keep track of progress. So here is where I am as of 2012. Happy NewYear everyone. May you all reach your hair growth goals. Now on to mbl wl hiplength and beyond. Reaching for the stars......:)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121231_214222.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121231_214222.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 26
  • ForumRunner_20121231_214313.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121231_214313.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 32

ManiiSweetheart

Here's my end of the year length check! I made it by the skin of my teeth...even with trimming on the 19th. I give major props to MN.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130101_205921.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130101_205921.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 70