BSL 2013 Challenge

jprayze

Length check coming! As usual when I get my hair straightened, I get curls. So once the curls fall a bit, I will be taking a LC pic. I really can't wait...maybe tonight or tomorrow.

I have to start my BF shopping...first stop shescentit.com :). I always keep the jojoba hemp shampoo and avocado condish on hand.

jprayze

Quote from 9/25

LC time!! 2/14 LC A 'big chop' set me back 4/26 (results on the right below) No trims and 5 months later and I'm back to where I was in Feb. Actually a little better because my hemline is fuller and even and most ends are touching 5. Still a bit of curl left in my hair...I pin curl every nite. 6.5 is my BSL number so I have about 1.5 inches left, so I need to retain .5 every month to make end of the year. 8.5 is MBL...so I will see that in 2014!

6.5 was my BSL number so I made it!!!

9/25 pic (left) 11/30 pic (right)

image-3569889699.jpg

polished07

Congrats jprayze !!!!

I wanted to share too! I finally took my braids out after 3 weeks I think I will stick to single braids no cornrows bc they make my hair knot up more! But I finally reached BSL! Yayyyy *Twerks in my bed* I transitioned starting jan 2011 and I BC'd in Feb 2012 I will be 2 yrs natural in Feb (tech 3 yrs relaxer free) eeek!

Attachments

• image-3953634270.jpg
    image-3953634270.jpg
    445.4 KB · Views: 54
  • image-1566791466.jpg
    image-1566791466.jpg
    460 KB · Views: 75

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Quote from 9/25

6.5 was my BSL number so I made it!!!

9/25 pic (left) 11/30 pic (right)

View attachment 235113

Congrats jprayze !!!!

I wanted to share too! I finally took my braids out after 3 weeks I think I will stick to single braids no cornrows bc they make my hair knot up more! But I finally reached BSL! Yayyyy *Twerks in my bed* I transitioned starting jan 2011 and I BC'd in Feb 2012 I will be 2 yrs natural in Feb (tech 3 yrs relaxer free) eeek!

Whoo hoo!!!! Congrats November BSL graduates jprayze and polished07:yay::party::thumbsup::dance7:

I can't wait to see you ladies reach MBL and beyond in 2014!

Guinan

Re-Branding
so what ever happened to NikkiQ

I was wondering the same thing. Its like she vanished into thin air. What confuses me is that she was amp about starting the new challenge & then poof, vanishes. I really hope she & her family r ok. I'm worried about her, b/c she didn't strike me as the type 2 just "disappear". I know she doesn't owe us anything, but I hope she eventually will post something, just 2 let us know she's ok.

polished07

I was wondering the same thing. Its like she vanished into thin air. What confuses me is that she was amp about starting the new challenge & then poof, vanishes. I really hope she & her family r ok. I'm worried about her, b/c she didn't strike me as the type 2 just "disappear". I know she doesn't owe us anything, but I hope she eventually will post something, just 2 let us know she's ok.

Nikki is fine (shes on IG) I think maybe she just isn't thinking about hair right now, like I said before life gets in the way often I know I always pop in and out of Lhcf or I just get into super lurk mode because hair is the last thing I'm thinking about

jprayze

Nikki is fine (shes on IG) I think maybe she just isn't thinking about hair right now, like I said before life gets in the way often I know I always pop in and out of Lhcf or I just get into super lurk mode because hair is the last thing I'm thinking about

That's good to know that she's ok. And I know how it is to go into super lurk...

Guinan

Re-Branding

its good 2 know she's doing ok. Hopefully we'll hear from her on lhcf in the near future.

GettingKinky

I just chopped 2 inches off one tiny section of hair. Fresh ends feels so good. I may have my stylist chop 2 inches off all over when I go in on Thursday.

JosieLynn

Just booked an appointment on a whim to have my hair straightened at a salon by my house. I hear great things about them and I like their work. I'm hoping to finally get to see how long my hair is since my at home flat iron attempts aren't perfect. NERVOUS!!!!! I haven't let anyone else touch my hair in over 3 years!!!!

DaLady82

Hi to all. Just wanted to update since I haven't been on here since early September. Sorry I did not post a pic for sept. I'm quite sure I won't be making BSL by the end of this month so maybe I can conquer the next challenge. I've been having major issues with shedding and I think it's time to see a dermatologist. So hopefully next challenge will be better after I figure out my hair issues. I think I have about an inch to an inch and a half to go. But I need some thickness badly. This shedding has got to be fixed. Congrats to all the ladies who made BSL this year. I hope to join you soon.

JosieLynn

so here are the pictures of my silk press…and while i like the style i'm pretty sure the stylist cut off more than i wanted to cuz of ssk's :sad::sad::sad::sad::sad: THIS is why i don't wear my hair straight, cuz I could care less about the knots, but i'm not 100% sure yet because the curls haven't fallen, but it looks like she might have cut an inch or even more. I'm kinda upset now because that means i won't make BSL by the end of the year like I thought….ughhhhhhhhh

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 83
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 82
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 84

PureSilver

Definitely not going to make BSL this yr.

Chile you're not alone. I was 1'' away from BSL when i was natural a couple weeks ago. I am now relaxed and BSL is 3 1/2'' away:sad: i really wanted to make it to full BSL by Dec 31 but that aint happening again. Well I'll see what happens next relaxer BSL/MBL 2014 challenge.....see you there.

Last edited:

NGraceO

Chile you're not along. I was 1'' away from BSL when i was natural a couple weeks ago. I am now relaxed and BSL is 3 1/2'' away:sad: i really wanted to make it to full BSL by Dec 31 but that aint happening again. Well I'll see what happens next relaxer BSL/MBL 2014 challenge.....see you there.

Of this length check doesn't pan out, we'll form a club.

NGraceO