BSL 2013 Challenge

longhairdreaming

~Current hair length-APL
~Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd-Natural
~BSL goal month-August
~Current Reggie and styling choices- from Oct till the end of March I'll be wearing my hair straight for two weeks at a time while applying coconut oil, dc and wash every two weeks from April to September I'll wash and dc weekly, keep my hair on braids and covered to protect it from the sun
~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL?-no changes to get to BSL but I'll be enjoying my hair this winter.
~Post a beginning picture-will post one later

MrsWatson

For challengers wanting to join, after thanking this post answer the following questions

~Current hair length- shoulder length
~Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd- relaxed
~BSL goal month- August 2013
~Current Reggie and styling choices- braids/sew ins
~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL? Protective styling at all times. More moisture. Being more gentle with my hair than I have been in the past.
~Post a beginning picture- will post beginning pic later

Lurkee

Lucie said:
Lurkee I am not too good at determining hair length. I am not on this side of town too often, LOL.

Lucie your hair is thick & beautiful and looks way past APL to me. But it is not that. My hair is not at APL for me. Sure I can pull some strands but it does not stay there, it is uneven and very v shaped. I am seriously considering a bob but I think I will regret it so I am going to just get a trim.

Back to lurking.

newnyer

HOLE' LEM UP!! Here are my ninjas!!!! I missed you guys. I'm in! I had to trim my hair recently so I think I'm right at my APL line again. I'll be back with my deets! :)

Last edited:

ImanAdero

Okay. Starting photo...

Where my finger is (if you can see) is where my bra strap is. I'm definitely full APL, but yep,

MARCH is my deadline!

Attachments

• image-2968221800.jpg
    image-2968221800.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 119

Guinan

Re-Branding
Lurkee said:
Yeah, I have seen real APL hair and my hair is not there yet. It does not fall and stay in APL. I mean if Lucie is APL then :thud:

Don't leave us:( APL falls differently on people.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using LHCF

GrowAHead

Soooooo... Question.

So many ladies talk about how their regimen changed to get to BSL compared to what got them to APL. Anyone have tips on key regimen changes? (like less moisture more protein or no combing..)

Evolving78

Soooooo... Question.

So many ladies talk about how their regimen changed to get to BSL compared to what got them to APL. Anyone have tips on key regimen changes? (like less moisture more protein or no combing..)

more protective styling, since we are getting into the cold weather, i need to keep my hair, especially my ends tucked away. but nothing else is really changing. i think you just have to be more careful with your ends and handling your hair. it's going to grow regardless.

Growingmyhairlong

I want to join. I am in the APL 2013 Challenge but I think I might make full APL by March 2013. I would like to shoot for BSL by Dec 2013. I will post the answers to your questions tomorrow. In the mean time here are current pics of my hair after a wash.

ForumRunner_20121101_220118.jpg

ForumRunner_20121101_220016.jpg

ForumRunner_20121101_220016.jpg

CoiledByNature

Hello ladies I also want to join this challenge. I'm already in the APL challenge but BSL should definitely be achievable if I've done my research correctly.. I can't figure out how to thank from the app so I'll do it *** soon as I hop on a computer. :)

~Current hair length
Shoulder
~Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd
Natural
~BSL goal month
Dec 2013
~Current Reggie and styling choices
Sew in
GHE daily with my sulfur oil mix
Hair vitamins

~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL?
Never has a regimen so I'll be new to caring for my hair
~Post a beginning picture
Don't let this pic fool you it's just for length. My hair is very thin and definitely needs a lot of tlc :(

Attachments

• image-1162706735.jpg
    image-1162706735.jpg
    442.5 KB · Views: 74

PinkPeony

Current length: apl
Natural
Reggie: kiss and lo-mani
Goal month: October

Hey I'm not a apl ninja like some of y'all, I'm on hair autopilot and rarely venture over here anymore lol but I wish all of us a HHG and Bsl 2013 .

PinkPeony

Soooooo... Question.

I know I sound like a broken record but the longer it gets the more you'll believe in keeping it simple. Less experimenting and just sticking with what works.

NikkiQ

Soooooo... Question.

My reggie is already super simple so I think it's just a matter of change in PS options. I do Celies/braids all the time but my ends aren't really protected since they tend to fluff up on the ends so I think it's time to make bunning my best friend.

Miss AJ

Am I the only one getting a head start on this? My growth aid use and bunning resumed this past Tuesday.

NikkiQ

IDK Miss AJ. Some of these ladies go hard all year round so I'm sure you're in good company :lol: I'll be starting on Monday. After a good 1-2" trim...I'm ready to grow.

SimJam

Soooooo... Question.

As several ladies have said KISS == keep it simple, low manipulation, get your reggie down solid and stick to it.

thats what broke me out of stagnation at SL for a whole year and getting me on the grow/retention again.

I plan to continue to KISS on to BSL

mami2010

~Current hair length

Not sure what u call my length. below shoulder above apl

~Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd
Texlaxed

~BSL goal month
June 2013

~Current Reggie and styling choices
co wash once a week
shampoo once a week followed by DC
Overnight DC every two weeks

Flat iron once a month
Pony most of the time

~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL?
Co wash more often and less shampoo

~Post a beginning picture

Attachments

• photo(2).JPG
    photo(2).JPG
    5.9 KB · Views: 75
  • photo(3).JPG
    photo(3).JPG
    6.9 KB · Views: 83
  • photo(4).JPG
    photo(4).JPG
    7.2 KB · Views: 64

mami2010

NikkiQ said:
mami2010 you look APL in the 2nd pic :yep:

That's kind of exciting to here from you. I will take some better pics next time I straighten.... I want to be sure. I have also been slacking off on my hair lately so, I didn't think I would be apl till next year. But if I an apl by the end of this year I'm getting a trim. I want to start this new journey and new year with fresh ends.

JJamiah

GrowAHead said:
Soooooo... Question.

Honestly the same regimen I do now. I did in December at hip/tail bone length. Nothing changed, you don' t have to if it's working.