BSL 2013 Challenge

coolsista-paris

Chile you're not alone. I was 1'' away from BSL when i was natural a couple weeks ago. I am now relaxed and BSL is 3 1/2'' away:sad: i really wanted to make it to full BSL by Dec 31 but that aint happening again. Well I'll see what happens next relaxer BSL/MBL 2014 challenge.....see you there.

i was near bsl and some layers touching. that as a natural. as you know i did a virgin relaxer in december 7th. i had a cut with that relaxer, so im back to full sl an longest layers touching apl.

when did you relax and when is your next relaxer?

JosieLynn

It's official. My curls have fallen and it looks like she cut abt 2 inches off in the back. I think she attempted to even my hair out because i know my hair has been growing in layers but it's all pretty even now. Still not too happy about that but there's nothing I can do now but move forward. *sigh* I wish I could've at least had a picture of my hair before she trimmed it. I nvr saw it fully stretched :-( and I'm def not making BSL now.

Now my main dilemma is what to do with my hair. I've been real impatient with it lately in my PS but after that HAIRCUT I know I need to put it back up into something. Gonna ride out this press as long as it'll last or until I get bored and then put it up. Kinda contemplating using heat more often to keep ssk's away. Those are my worst enemy so I need to keep stretching my hair. Idk I think I'm still in a little shock from the amount of hair she cut.

NGraceO

PureSilver the last picture in my siggy is the stretched LC I did in the beginning of November. However, i'm waiting on the results from a straightened LC, because that seems more official to me :lol:. My hair is grazing BSL, but I'm verrrry hesitant to claim it (i struggle with bouts of hairnorexia) :lachen:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
It's official. My curls have fallen and it looks like she cut abt 2 inches off in the back. I think she attempted to even my hair out because i know my hair has been growing in layers but it's all pretty even now. Still not too happy about that but there's nothing I can do now but move forward. *sigh* I wish I could've at least had a picture of my hair before she trimmed it. I nvr saw it fully stretched :-( and I'm def not making BSL now.

Now my main dilemma is what to do with my hair. I've been real impatient with it lately in my PS but after that HAIRCUT I know I need to put it back up into something. Gonna ride out this press as long as it'll last or until I get bored and then put it up. Kinda contemplating using heat more often to keep ssk's away. Those are my worst enemy so I need to keep stretching my hair. Idk I think I'm still in a little shock from the amount of hair she cut.

:hug2: JosieLynn you will get past this. jprayze had that happen earlier this year and she's made BSL this month. Just come on and join us in the BSL/MBL 2014 challenge. You will get that 2 inches back. :)

How do you usually wear your hair to get so many SSks?

JosieLynn

Froreal3 I'm not sure why my hair is so prone to ssk's besides the fact i have super fine strands, I never wear it unstretched or anything. If it's not in a protective styles like wigs, weaves, braids etc, I have it pinned up, or in buns. And I braid my hair up at night, m&s like every other day. So i'm kinda at a loss besides maybe blowdrying the ends on cool instead of letting them air dry before I style

JosieLynn

Froreal3 lately i've been dusting around 3 months, i haven't been super consistent with that which might be part of the problem as well. the lady that did my hair told me I might have to dust every month, but that seemed like overkill to me

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
IDK I wouldn't dust every month. Do you heavy seal? I don't seem to have many SSks with that. I do have some...but my hair doesn't seem to be riddled with them. They are so hard to see on my hair anyway, so I don't let them bug me.

JosieLynn

I use castor oil, i haven't been doing it often just because my hair has been up in weaves but i'm going to get back to that, and I usually let them be because my hair is curly 99% of the time, but i think that's why she cut so much so I want to avoid them a little more, because it will probably another 3 years before I get my hair professionally straightened again and I don't want a repeat of saturday :nono:

kandiekj100

I'm another not making it BSL. I cut my hair. Although I made it to BSB and really only had about an inch to go, I just couldn't hold off any longer. I've been having the itch to cut my hair for a while and just finally said to heck with it.

I also colored it, but you can't see in the pic. I really wanted a deep auburn, but it just didn't take for some reason and looks more link it's just tinted.Maybe it's the henna ends that I have left to grow out, although it has been several months (since Feb I think) since I applied henna.

haircut 12.4.3.jpg

jprayze

:hug2: JosieLynn you will get past this. jprayze had that happen earlier this year and she's made BSL this month. Just come on and join us in the BSL/MBL 2014 challenge. You will get that 2 inches back. :) How do you usually wear your hair to get so many SSks?

Very true! It was Such a sad day! Once I got over the initial shock, I just worked really hard to get back. And for me I didn't use heat at all for months.

JosieLynn

jprayze I'm thinking of just doing another year of protective styles, that's what finally got me past the APL hump, and since it's mainly the back she evened out i'm hoping it won't take too long and then it'll all be the same length instead of the layers it was growing in. but that might have sealed the fate of my salon itch…never again! lol :nono::nono:

GettingKinky

So I've straightened my hair for the last time this year and put together my progress pictures. I made it to BSL in June, but I've trimmed quite a bit of my relaxed ends off since then so now I'm barely BSL. But I'm happy to have almost a full head of texlaxed hair, just 2-3 more inches left to trim. :yep:

Attachments

• image-1632139676.jpg
    image-1632139676.jpg
    275.7 KB · Views: 56
  • image-2733105785.jpg
    image-2733105785.jpg
    352 KB · Views: 72

ilong

God's Own
GettingKinky - your hair is beautiful. It's so full, long, thick and shiny, it looks like silk. Not to mention how healthy it looks. This would be a FANTASY come true for me - if I had your head of hair! :yep:

ajargon02

I am gonna have to get a length check shirt. That will make this easier. The blue one is the starting point. The white one is folded @ the bra strap. Doesn't look like anything has changed. It's tough for me 2 take these pics w/o Dh help :)

Well I won't make bsl by the year's end. But I am getting closer :)

**** why does the app crash when I try to attach my pics**** :(
Now it wants to behave. .....

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131214_184739.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131214_184739.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 35
  • ForumRunner_20131214_184758.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131214_184758.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 30
  • ForumRunner_20131214_184825.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131214_184825.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 34
  • ForumRunner_20131214_184857.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131214_184857.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 30
  • ForumRunner_20131214_185003.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131214_185003.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 38

GettingKinky

ilong- you are embarrassing me :blush: all those pictures are taken after visiting my stylist for a tinted cellophane treatment -hence the shine. Most days my hair is just in a boring bun.

NikkiQ

Hey ladies. I know it's been a while and I really am incredibly sorry for disappearing on you guys like I did. I should've never left you guys hanging the way that I did, but life truly got in the way. My sanity was pushed to the brink these past few months. I've encountered so many challenges that have been thrown my way and I'm still trying to keep my head above water. It's still a long journey for me to overcome, but I'm trying the best that I can. I try not to burden people with my problems so I tend to vanish and stick to myself in order to get through it all. I promise to do my best to check in with you guys on the board in the future. Again...I am SO sorry!

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Hey ladies. I know it's been a while and I really am incredibly sorry for disappearing on you guys like I did. I should've never left you guys hanging the way that I did, but life truly got in the way. My sanity was pushed to the brink these past few months. I've encountered so many challenges that have been thrown my way and I'm still trying to keep my head above water. It's still a long journey for me to overcome, but I'm trying the best that I can. I try not to burden people with my problems so I tend to vanish and stick to myself in order to get through it all. I promise to do my best to check in with you guys on the board in the future. Again...I am SO sorry!
Life will throw you curve balls. Glad you're okay and you're back. Please don't be sorry about taking care of what obviously needed taking care of. I have selfishly missed your posts. I hope your post means that you've turned the corner on your challenges. Take care.

NGraceO

Agreed. No worries. Be well, and take care of YOU. (And occasionally let OTHERS take care of you too!!)

NGraceO

GettingKinky

No apologies are necessary, real life and its challenges are more important than a hair board. After all you given to us, I know I wouldn't feel burdened if you want to talk about your challenges, but I also understand wanting to keep to yourself and just push through (I'm kind of like that). Take care of yourself and we'll be here when you have the time and energy to come back.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint

Glad you checked in! When we saw you were fine and alive :look: we stopped worrying. :) Glad you're ok and :hug2:

NikkiQ

You ladies have been doing absolutely mind blowing with your hair! I've missed so much and have a lot to catch up on.

coolsista-paris

happy to hear you nikki. and to see that you are fine.

no excuses needed. dont worry, we all do understand. im also like that.i become silent and disapear, plus im the type that doesnt speak out about my problems and keep everything deep in me ( thats also hard to hold) but hey: takr your time, please do.

you will check us out in the new thread whenever you can ;-)

faithVA

:bighug: I'm so glad to see you. I was worried about you and thought about you often. I'm just glad to see that you are back and "OK". Reach out as much as you need to whether IRL or online. You are definitely not a burden.

RZILYNT

Have not posted or checked in since joining the challenge. But quick length ck below. Have had a few trims but made it.

Attachments

• image-2974913265.jpg
    image-2974913265.jpg
    494.2 KB · Views: 103