BSL 2013 Challenge

Ms_CoCo37

NikkiQ The prodigal daughter is back! :)

It's been quite a while since I last checked in. My laptop died and went to laptop heaven and I haven't been in the mood to try typing detailed posts on my phone. But, in order for me to stay motivated and on track I need you guys, so here I am. :)

I haven't seen much growth progress since I last checked in, at least not to my knowledge. I feel like I'm pretty much where I started last year...and for some strange reason I don't feel too bad about it.

I've recently made a few discoveries about my difficult mane and I'm pleased with that. Just the other day I did an ACV rinse, followed by a deep mayo and egg conditioner. Then I followed that up with my homemade mud wash, my concoction of good oils and sealed with aloe juice. And my hair absolutely LOVED it! It's so shiny and soft! And get this, the detangling process isn't as horrid as it's been in the past. By Jove I think I may have finally figured my hair out!

Ms_CoCo37

So after posting my last message I got to wondering about my length. With that thought in mind I went upstairs and dug up my measurement tee. I put my bra on over my tee so you can see where BSL falls on me (a little pass #3). I want you to know I nearly broke my arm trying to get these pix. :)

As you can see some my hair has passed the #3 mark. Can I just say it's darn hard trying to get an accurate reading on hair that isn't straight or wet. :-/ But there it is nonetheless. Considering I need a trim I'm not going to claim BSL just yet. Besides, I want all of my hair to pass the 3 mark before I go claiming anything.

Attachments

• image-1338054779.jpg
    image-1338054779.jpg
    384.1 KB · Views: 76
  • image-632765105.jpg
    image-632765105.jpg
    375.4 KB · Views: 81
  • image-382014516.jpg
    image-382014516.jpg
    362 KB · Views: 102

SincerelyBeautiful

So after posting my last message I got to wondering about my length. With that thought in mind I went upstairs and dug up my measurement tee. I put my bra on over my tee so you can see where BSL falls on me (a little pass #3). I want you to know I nearly broke my arm trying to get these pix. :) As you can see some my hair has passed the #3 mark. Can I just say it's darn hard trying to get an accurate reading on hair that isn't straight or wet. :-/ But there it is nonetheless. Considering I need a trim I'm not going to claim BSL just yet. Besides, I want all of my hair to pass the 3 mark before I go claiming anything.

I think you made it!!!' You have a lot of beautiful hair on your head!! Congrats!!

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Just finished doing my hair in some two strand twists in the back and large flat twists in the front pinned up.

I think I may blow dry for the end of year LC. I just purchased a Babyliss blowdryer.

KaramelDiva1978

:wave: Hey Ladies!!

It's been so long since I've posted, but I have stuck my head in occasionally to see all of your wonderful progress!! I got married on November 30th, so between wedding planning and execution, moving and getting ready to start a new career, I have been ridiculously busy to say the least.

I've recently seen the need to really give my hair much more TLC and I'm wiping the slate clean and going back to basics. I lost a bit of hair two relaxers ago and my stylist said it was because my hair was so dry so that caused me to re-evaluate my products and frequency of moisturizing and make the needed adjustments. With that said I also decided to reintroduce ayurvedic powders to my regimen. I had success with them in the past and good growth too.

I'll be taking progress pics soon. I'm about 6 weeks post relaxer and about to get some cornrows because of our upcoming honeymoon.

See you soon ladies!

BGT

Well, after yesterday's TU, I am officially BSL! I'll be flat ironing my hair for NYE and will post an update pic then!

ImanAdero

Going to give my final update in a few days and that will also serve as my starting photo for next year's challenges.

jprayze

My final update will be in the early days of 2014. I will be getting a trim but hopefully stay at BSL. My birthday is 1/3 and I'm gonna get my next flat iron then. Hoping to go back to the early days of this thread and do some compares :). I can't stress enough...the more pics you take, the better you will feel about your hair journey. You will be able to see subtle and great changes in the thickness, length and even just the actual quality of the way your hair looks. I will be back next week with my pics.

Congrats to BGT for making BSL.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Final update. End of year flat iron length check. I will consider myself Bsl now

ForumRunner_20131228_180915.jpg

ForumRunner_20131228_180928.jpg

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4

g.lo

Final update. End of year flat iron length check. I will consider myself Bsl now Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4
Claim it, claim it girl ! You are BSL, you have worked hard for it , it is yours to claim. Rejoicing for you. I will do a LC next week, hopefully I will reach my BSB length

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Thanks ladies! :grin: Honestly I am a little underwhelmed. It seems like my hair did not grow as much since last LC in September. But hey, I'm happy for my progress and what the new year has in store. :yep:

ImanAdero

End of Year update:

Not in my usual BSL bra, but I think it's fair to say I made it and am well on my way to full MBL. I'm still in the 2014 BSL/MBL challenge and will post this photo as my start. The beige bra photo was taken yesterday. The other two are previous LCs.

It doesn't FEEL like my hair has grown any, but I actually can see that from my last flat iron from the time back in March, my hair is more even... Still slightly layered, but less so. And I can deal with that.

Attachments

• image-306736267.jpg
    image-306736267.jpg
    395.1 KB · Views: 90
  • image-2969371984.jpg
    image-2969371984.jpg
    343.6 KB · Views: 101
  • image-3126832361.jpg
    image-3126832361.jpg
    431.9 KB · Views: 104

g.lo

End of Year update:

Not in my usual BSL bra, but I think it's fair to say I made it and am well on my way to full MBL. I'm still in the 2014 BSL/MBL challenge and will post this photo as my start. The beige bra photo was taken yesterday. The other two are previous LCs.

It doesn't FEEL like my hair has grown any, but I actually can see that from my last flat iron from the time back in March, my hair is more even... Still slightly layered, but less so. And I can deal with that.

Drooling over your hair!

SincerelyBeautiful

Congrats to both Froreal3 and ImanAdero!!! You ladies have made your goal and your hair is beautiful! I'm happy for you guys and may y'all continue to reach your goals!!

OAN: I'm 22 weeks post and I may have to do a pull test just to see where I'm at for our year end LC. I wanted to relax for New Years but I'm also planning on getting some single box braids to help with my stretch so as of now I'm indecisive. So I guess a pull test it will be!

Angel of the North

I've been MIA for a few months but I'll be back to post my end of year results before moving over to the new to the new thread.

Congratulations to all of you ladies that have hit BSL can't wait to see the rest of the updates.

SincerelyBeautiful

Hey ladies! Ok so I deceived to relax early so that I wouldn't have to do a pull test plus my hair was just super nappy anyways lol. I had some breakage as well so I had to get my hair trimmed afterwards. I made BSL but my ends were thin so now I'm about an two to three inches from BSL after my ends being catered to soooo here goes my end of the year LC!!!

image-866605189.jpg

jprayze

Hey ladies! Ok so I deceived to relax early so that I wouldn't have to do a pull test plus my hair was just super nappy anyways lol. I had some breakage as well so I had to get my hair trimmed afterwards. I made BSL but my ends were thin so now I'm about an two to three inches from BSL after my ends being catered to soooo here goes my end of the year LC!!!

Your hair looks great!!! So nice and healthy and fresh ends for the new year.

texasqt

BSL 2013 failed. I definitely trimmed too often to keep my ends even. Underneath the white dot is my birthmark that I'm using to mark my BSL if I ever make it to that point. Going to be more consistent with my protein intake and workouts that I slacked on this year and I'm not going to trim until I reach my goal which means hiding my hair cuz I can't stand uneven ends.

Attachments

• image-2522941431.jpg
    image-2522941431.jpg
    493.3 KB · Views: 48

Blairx0

Attached is my year end pic. I would say I made it to bsl. I intended to keep growing my hair, but am not joining the next phase of the challenge. I want to focus on health not lengeth, so I will be on the side lines.

ForumRunner_20140101_020757.jpg

nemi95

I've got one section that is grazing BSL... So disappointed.

Attachments

• image-3893269888.jpg
    image-3893269888.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 27
  • image-3450283443.jpg
    image-3450283443.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 32
  • image-866761530.jpg
    image-866761530.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 34