BSL 2023 Challenge

alanaturelle

I'm gonna do my check in photo sometime after Christmas, before the new year. I wanna squeeze out this last little 1/8th of an inch! :lachen:
Every little counts, . I did mine a bit earlier because I wanted to rock loosely flat ironed hair for at least two weeks, and want to use that 4-day weekend (Dec 29th - Jan 1st) to install my new set of mini twists.

alanaturelle

@alanaturelle the way the hand is holding the hair in the 1st picture is cracking me up. I can imagine you telling the hand owner "alright now, hold it steady. Make sure you have all hairs."

And look at you in the second! You didn't even need hand owner! Grow you, grow you! :bdance:
Gurl, you know that's exactly what I told hubby, make sure you get every single strand and pull all the way down, !!!! It's a milestone when you can pull the hair yourself, .

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
@alanaturelle I knew it! I would have told him the same thing. I've grown fond of calling your hubby "hand owner." That's his new nickname :lol: I just washed my hair today and I can just barely grab the tippy tip of my hair, but I can't straighten my head. It has to remain tilted :rofl:

Maybe some time next year, I can grab a bit more and straighten my neck and head out :lachen:

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
Sigh, here is my end of year check-in. Doesn't look like I made much progress thanks to a traumatic setback this past summer. A hairstylist chopped off about 3 inches of my hair (and from the looks of it that was all my progress for the year gone. :confused: )

The silver lining is that my hair looks thicker at the ends than it did last year. Heading into another year chasing after BSL.

I changed length check shirts because the grey one is too tight on me. I think BSL is at line 7 on the new shirt.

I hope all you ladies faired better than me this year. Maybe we have some graduates?
Regardless, I hope you all are enjoying the holidays! Here is to another of self-love, self-care, and growing some more inches of hair!! :gorgeous:

Attachments

• 2023-12-27_1.jpg
    2023-12-27_1.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 2023-12-27_2.jpg
    2023-12-27_2.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

alanaturelle

@alanaturelle I knew it! I would have told him the same thing. I've grown fond of calling your hubby "hand owner." That's his new nickname :lol: I just washed my hair today and I can just barely grab the tippy tip of my hair, but I can't straighten my head. It has to remain tilted :rofl:

Maybe some time next year, I can grab a bit more and straighten my neck and head out :lachen:
I'm going to start referring him as the hand owner too, !!!

It sounds like you are almost there though, I'm sure you'll be able to the next few months.