BSL by Dec 2011

Lexsmarie

**UPDATE***

Alrighty..... I had great intentions and was so excited to accomplish this goal. However, due to a bad allergy reaction to a medication, I had to cut off 2-3 inches. :sad: Not to worry, I am confident my hair will grow beyond BSL in 2012! :yep:

Below is before and after pics.....

August 28, 2011:
SANY0197.jpg

December 29, 2011:
Hair 12-29-2011.jpg

bride91501

@Diva_Esq - your ends are droolworthy! Phenomenal growth!

NappyNelle - your hair has grown so much- I had no idea it was that long! Send some of that long-hair mojo my way for my year-end flat iron tomorrow ok? :grin:

Last edited:

fivetimestwo

I didn't make it and I'm so upset :cry2::censored::wallbash:

But I'll save the waterworks and the lurid details for some other time. Long story short, not only am I not BSL but it looks like I've had a set back (or 5 :look:).

I am really thinking about giving up. I have been a lhcf member since 2006 and my hair has never gone past slightly grazing BSL. Maybe my hair refuses to be long. :ohwell: I'm going to have to change my siggy.

here are the pics :sad:

late August:

Straight October:

Curly October:

today, uncombed:

today, combed:

Last edited:

EbonyCPrincess

Sorry I've been MIA in this thread - but after my setback I decided to stop focusing on length, well more specifically making BSL because I'd become slightly obsessed, and therefore wasn't in this thread very much.

Long story short, I didn't make it but I am close. I was slightly leaning back in the left photo and slightly forward in the right so my hair is prob somewhere in between. But to end on a positive, my ends have almost completely recovered from the thinness and dryness I spoke about before (which I could give the page number as a reference). So be encouraged to all who have had setbacks.

fivetimestwo - girl, don't give up! If you look on my blog at my most previous post (just a few minutes ago) at my year comparison, there is very little length change. My progress has been almost frustratingly slow it seems, but I've just been consistent and did a lot of research for how to remedy problems. You can do it! I just had a setback and had to trim about 2" in two months and my hair is still nearly grazing BSL, so it is possible to fully recover. I'm living proof!

fivetimestwo

EbonyCPrincess

Thanks for the kind words. At this point I'm not even concerned about the length as much as I am about how thin my hair is, it just looks terrible. I feel like I'm going to be one of those people who HAS to wear wigs to hide my limp, lifeless hair. :nono:

EbonyCPrincess

@EbonyCPrincess

Thanks for the kind words. At this point I'm not even concerned about the length as much as I am about how thin my hair is, it just looks terrible. I feel like I'm going to be one of those people who HAS to wear wigs to hide my limp, lifeless hair. :nono:

I understand! Did you relax and bleach in October? I'm sure you've evaluated all your hair problems, but I think that could be the culprit. Protective styling is the way to go, wigs and braids work wonders!!!

marta9227

I am grazing BSB! pics next week after I relax. I chose BSB as my goal because frankly all my bras fit differently. So I'm sticking with body part markers and my length shirt. BSB is 9 on my shirt and I'm grazing! Woo hoo! My goal next year is waist length. Happy New Year!

Sent from my evo 3d y'all!

djkforeal

So this is my year end length update. I believe that I have gotten some of my hair to reach BSL, but I am very disappointed in my overall hair length. I have included this picture to show where I am right now in December 2011, but I think my goal was full BSL so I didn't quite achieve that, because I can see that I have retained some length. My hair is growing out in the W shape, so I want to work on that as well and even it up. I did not feel like taking a picture in my bra, so I put it over a t-shirt which did not give me complete accuracy, but good enough.
I will continue on my quest for full BSL for next year and with the low manipulation and gentle hair care practices I am going to continue, I hope I can make MBL in 6 month and WL in 12.
Congratulations to all the ladies who accomplished their goals this year and hope you reach new lengths in the New Year.

Attachments

• Christmas Party and final length check 007.JPG
    Christmas Party and final length check 007.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

fivetimestwo

I understand! Did you relax and bleach in October? I'm sure you've evaluated all your hair problems, but I think that could be the culprit. Protective styling is the way to go, wigs and braids work wonders!!!

I'm completely natural and only got my color touched up in October. My hair was making pretty good progress until a few weeks ago when I started using more protein (out of paranoia I suppose). I just cut off about 3 inches (my "v") and I'll be wearing wigs probably for the next year :sad:

Mandy4610

I didn't make it all the way there but I am close. I think I will be there by my 4yrs natural mark which will be in March.

Here are some pics:

25Nona

Hi everyone,

I relaxed on 12/29 and I didn't make my goal of BSL. The funny think is that I know for sure that my hair grew, but in checking my length I am pretty much were I was this time last year, just more fuller.

marta9227

uploadfromtaptalk1326039718520.jpguploadfromtaptalk1326039775378.jpg

You can't tell and I need someone to tell me how to add lines to my photos but I made it to line 9 on my shirt which is BSB. That's the second major line to the right in the 3rd picture. Sorry about the quality of these pics! I gave up on using BSL because I promise you every single bra I own is somewhere different! Going for MBL by July and WL by the end of the year, I have six inches to go for WL so it's definitely achievable! God is good!

Sent from my evo 3d y'all!

Attachments

• Hair Back Growth Shirt January.jpg
    Hair Back Growth Shirt January.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

humblebyHIM

PS:BSL 2016
I need to join this group. I am FINALLY reach APL. I know I can reach BSL now that I have embrace my natural and have stop messing with it.