• ForumRunner_20131114_102556.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131114_102556.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 170

Kerryann

~Current hair length: All lengths but longest length is a little pass BSL

~Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd: NATURAL

~Goal month: DECEMBER 2014

~Current reggie and styling choices: Wash and DC and oil

~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL/MBL? PROTECTIVE STYLING

~Post a beginning picture: posted

MissGomes

Current hair length: APL

Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd: Transitioning Texlaxed Hair

Goal month: December

Current reggie and styling choices: Wash and DC weekly. Henna and Indigo when needed (every other month usually). Airdry. Rollerset or Twist. PS unless I have an event or corporate meeting.

What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL/MBL?: Moisturizing more often. Take a vitamin regularly.

Post a beginning picture: Will update

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
I am pretty sure I am MBL already. Can I still join? I am looking to get to full MBL - WL.

MzOptimistic

~Current hair length: BS
~Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd: Relaxed

~Goal month: June 2014
~Current reggie and styling choices: I haven't been taking my vits. I have 1 1/2 packs of Viviscal and I just ordered Biotin 7500 mcgs so I will consistently take my vits . I'm thinking about trying Hair Finity once I finish up Viviscal not sure yet. I will deep condition once a week, co wash once a week when I'm 8 weeks post relaxed. I will either bun or pull my hair back into a ponytail and baggie my ends. Do a hot oil treatment monthly. That's all I can think of now. I'm not going to start back going overboard buying different things. I'm going to keep it simple
~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL/MBL? The only thing that I have not been doing was taking my vits so I plan on taking them consistently. Other than that. I'm keeping it simple.
~Post a beginning picture: My beginning pic is my siggy pic. I just did a Touch Up last week.

ronie

Thanks for the tag miss Duchess, but i am only shoulder length. I think BSL 2014 is a big stretch for my slow growing 4c strands. But i will be lurking, and cheering you on ladies. I have been lurking in the bsl2013, and i know all of the ladies here anyways:lachen:.
I'll be happy if i can retain 3 inches to make APL next year.
Good luck ladies.
BTW love love your album with all the recipes. Wish i could hit paynah on your shea butter mix:look:.
Gotta quit being lazy and start whipping my own.

Duchess007

Thanks for the tag miss Duchess, but i am only shoulder length. I think BSL 2014 is a big stretch for my slow growing 4c strands. But i will be lurking, and cheering you on ladies. I have been lurking in the bsl2013, and i know all of the ladies here anyways:lachen:.
I'll be happy if i can retain 3 inches to make APL next year.
Good luck ladies.
BTW love love your album with all the recipes. Wish i could hit paynah on your shea butter mix:look:.
Gotta quit being lazy and start whipping my own.

Lurk away! Feel free to jump in later if you change your mind. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Beamodel

I'm joining!

Current hair length - BSL

Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd - Relaxed

Goal month - I'm not sure, I need about 3 in

Current reggie and styling choices - Pony tails/buns. Nothing fancy.

What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL/MBL? - Henna, HOT & maybe a growth aid

Post a beginning picture

image-4157306099.jpg

GettingKinky

I'm joining. I'm not sure I'll even be BSL at the end of the year because I plan to slowly trim off 6 inches of bonelaxed ends over the year. But I'm going to hang out here because this is such a great group.

I'll post a starting pic in early Dec when I have my hair flat ironed.

ilong

God's Own
@ronie - I too am just a lil' past SL and set my target goal at BSL for June, MBL in December. I was just looking at all these beautiful heads of long hair and thinking I am "so out of my league" - when I came across your post. Come on and join the challenge anyway. We can be "wannabes" together and encourage one another!!!
Challenges are just that "challenges" - not do or die!!
I may be out of my league but I am staying all up in this challenge - hoping some of this BSL/MBL hair will rub off on me. So - come on and hang out with me. I am sure some of these beautiful long hair ladies (@Duchess007, @Kerryann, @Lucie, @bellashair, @Froreal3, @tsmith, @naturalagain2, @SincerelyBeautiful, @Beamodel, @BraunSugar) will "eDopt" :lol: (thanx BraunSugar) us and help us on this journey.

Last edited:

lamaria211

Current hair length about 1.5 from bsb. Current regimen wash and DC weekly. Clarify once a month with Nairobi detox poo. Protein condish when needed. Hard protein every 6-8 weeks with Aphogee 2 step. Moisturize and seal daily. To get to my goals im PS using wigs and buns. Im also using Bee mine growth serum x3 a week. Current vitamins: prenatal, b complex and EVOCO. This pic was taken about a month ago

ForumRunner_20131114_205633.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131114_205011.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131114_205011.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 85

DominicanBrazilian82

~Current hair length
~Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd
~Goal month
~Current reggie and styling choices
~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL/MBL?
~Post a beginning picture

APL
Relaxed (Currently 30 weeks post)
June 2014
Wash 1x Weekly, DC 1x Weekly, Prepoo 1x Weekly, M/S 2x Weekly
Less heat, more moisture

image-4055205820.jpg

Duchess007

ilong and ronie, I can't speak for anyone else, but I know I don't think of myself as long-haired. I think we all have problems giving ourselves credit for our own beautiful heads of hair.

Anyway, definitely don't count yourself out. We're all in it together. :)

Thanks, ilong for the pep talk!

ronie, I hope you feel just a lil bit more pressured. :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Beautifulwildflower

_________________________________________:rosebud:

~Current hair length: BSB? Won't know for sure til the end of Nov. 2013

~Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd: Natural

~Goal month: I'll know better at the end of Nov. 2013

~Current reggie and styling choices:
*In the vitamin section, I take (Bee Pollen, DE, MSM and Fish Oil).
*PS with wigs (track braids underneath), but gonna take Dec. off as I haven't really seen my hair in 6 months. At the end of Nov. I will remove ooold color, redeposit color, protein treatment, condition, press and trim off 1/8" to 1/4".
*Regular hair maintenance has been:
-shampoo (Vinegar/water rinses; Trader Joe Nourish Spa as a clarify; Shea Moisture; and Castile Soap),
-moisture maintenance (Olive, jojoba, shea butter, argan, coconut, Vit. E and occasional avocado and grapeseed),
-protein maintenance (eggs, mayo and aloe vera).

~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL/MBL? Relieve my STRESS!!! as it is counteractive to hair growth - through prayer (give all to Christ cuz He can handle it :yep:) scalp massages for TLC and if I could only invert everyday, it just feels soooo good!

~Post a beginning picture: Starting Dec. 1, 2013.

LovingLady

~Current hair length: 1 inch above bsl

~Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd: Natural

~Goal month: April 2014

~Current (weekey) reggie and styling choices:
1. Shampoo with Shikakai mud wash,
2. steam with curl junkie repair me
3. Steam with a moisturizing conditioner (changes depending on how my hair feels) treatment following the 10:10 rule.
4. Detangle and retwist hair.

~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL/MBL?
I am going to leave m hair alone, if it is broken don't fix it.

BraunSugar

@ronie - I too am just a lil' past SL and set my target goal at BSL for June, MBL in December. I was just looking at all these beautiful heads of long hair and thinking I am "so out of my league" - when I came across your post. Come on and join the challenge anyway. We can be "wannabes" together and encourage one another!!!
I may be out of my league but I am staying all up in this challenge - hoping some of this BSL/MBL hair will rub off on me. So - come on and hang out with me. I am sure some of these beautiful long hair ladies (@Duchess007, @Kerryann, @Lucie, @bellashair, @Froreal3, @tsmith, @naturalagain2, @SincerelyBeautiful, @Beamodel, @BraunSugar) will virtually adopt us "wannabe's" and help us on this journey.

I'd be happy to eDopt :giggle: anybody that needs me. I found my best success through keeping my routine pretty simple. I still feel like I have a long way to go, but I am accepting the fact that my hair is in longish territory now. Even if I see something different in the mirror LoL.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
ronie, ilong is right...you just never know. C'mon and join us *borg voice* ..:assimilate:

I don't think I'm in long hair territory just yet. I'm on my way though...this time next year I will be a long hair. :yep:

baddison

natural for good
I'm saving my spot!! I'm IN this!! Will come back and post starting length and picture after I take them in December!!!:yep:

fifigirl

Thanks for the tag @Duchess007!

~Current hair length - APL ( Aug 2013)~Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd - Relaxed~Goal month- April 2013
~Current reggie and styling choices - DCing every week, Monthly Inversions, Take biotin, b-complex and lycium and licorice extract , use sulphur oil, Ghe at least 4x a week, Avoid heat, PS -Buns and braids, stretching relaxer for 4 months and above
~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL/MBL? - Thinking of wigging next year~
Post a beginning picture- Don't have any pictures of my current length as I last did a length check in August. Will do one in December after I relax hair

Attachments

• AL AUG 2013.jpg
    AL AUG 2013.jpg
    443.5 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
~Current hair length - 2 inches from BSL
~Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd - Telaxed
~Goal month - I plan to reach full BSL by April-14
~Current reggie and styling choices - Protective Styling ALL THE WAY. I wash and DC once every 7-10 days, M&S daily using the LCO method, dust when needed, texlax at 12 weeks post and henna often.
~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL/MBL? I'm manipulating my hair much less to keep my strands on my head.
~Post a beginning picture:

Last edited:

Kerryann

I may be out of my league but I am staying all up in this challenge - hoping some of this BSL/MBL hair will rub off on me. So - come on and hang out with me. I am sure some of these beautiful long hair ladies (@Duchess007, @Kerryann, @Lucie, @bellashair, @Froreal3, @tsmith, @naturalagain2, @SincerelyBeautiful, @Beamodel, @BraunSugar) will virtually adopt us "wannabe's" and help us on this journey.

thank u for the compliment but i don't consider my hair long at all. Its a work in progress. Lets all help each other out to make it to our goal

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
~Current hair length: BSL
~Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd: NATCHAL
~Goal month: DECEMBER 2014
~Current reggie and styling choices: CO-WASH AND DC WEEKLY/MOISTURIZE & SEAL EVERY 2-3 DAYS/MONTHLY PROTEIN TREATMENT FOLLOWED BY MOISTURIZING TREATMENT/TWIST-OUTS
~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL/MBL?: USING PRODUCTS FROM TEXAS NATURAL SUPPLY FOR MY DC, LEAVE-IN, MOISTURIZING TREATMENT AND SEALING BECAUSE ALTHOUGH THEY ARE EXPENSIVE AND SHIPPING IS A BEAST, THE PRODUCTS REALLY WORK WELL FOR MY HAIR SO I FEEL THEY ARE WORTH IT! I'VE TRIED USING CHEAPER PRODUCTS AND MY HAIR SUFFERS FOR IT EACH AND EVERY TIME!
~Post a beginning picture: NAW, HOMIE. FOLK AT WORK BE LURKING...

MzOptimistic

@ronie aww thanks and I don't consider my hair long either when I first joined I had damaged shoulder length hair and through the info here I was able to reach mb but went to the the dominican's for a blow out when I was 3 months post and *** my hair up so I'm back aiming for WL now so let's motivate and inspire each other to grow to great length. Letss do thisss:yep:

I meant to tag ilong lmao

Last edited: