BSL/MBL 2014 Challenge

Guinan

Re-Branding
I'm not feeling my hair at this length. I have these bird like wings by my ears. I'm thinking about straightening my hair and giving myself a cut, so that I can have an actual style. But on the positive side, my hair has reached CBL :)

Beautifulwildflower

So... I'm BSL I think. Did a length check before getting this sew in tomorrow. Had my mom take the photo.

And I LOVE this big arse blow out I did. But only Lord knows what I will do with it besides wear it in a bun. But it's fun to play in for the night.

ImanAdero, Absolutely Gorgeous! I chill for a moment and come back to all this beautiful hair.

Beautifulwildflower

Missed what everyone's been up to lately so I did a crashed read. I've been in protective styling since June and won't see my hair 'til October. One LHCF member, Lylddlebit said it well for long term protective styling the
Pro: It works
Con: Once you reach your goal you can end up having more hair than you learned how to handle along the way. When this happens it can yield a setback and ruin your progress. I have to keep that in the back of my mind I'm getting to that point. By the way her hair is beautiful! here's a pic http://www.longhaircareforum.com/album.php?albumid=5842&pictureid=126821..hope she doesn't mind my sharing.

The faux locs I have right now I reeeeeally like, did them myself and it took way too long. I won't do them again for the summer at least not where I live - winter hairdo for me. This style is so hot and heavy....at times I think I'm gonna pass out,:lol:. On good/bad note, I barely have them in for a month and have to take them out soon :nono:, on the good, I've been taking pure gelatin (protein) for some time and my nails have been growing like crazy, think maybe my hair is too:yep:?!

Not only do I have locs, but so do my kids, we kinda went loc crazy. My daughter is considering permanent locs now, but my son, however is too much like his momma and wants to change up. Here's some summer pics.

.......Length Check 6.13.2014
.......Two-Strand Twist Mohawk 8.17.2014
......Faux/Extension Locs 8.23.2014
........Faux Locs 9.01.2014

Oops meant to show my kids hair.....
.......my daughter in silky locs

.......my son in marley locs

_______________________________________:rosebud:

~Current hair length: BSL. Temporary goal MBL for July/August......new date, October as I won't see my hair 'til then. Long term goal WL/HL:

~Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd: Kinky Curly Natural

~Goal month: Goal reached for BSL in Dec. 2013; October??? 2014 for MBL.

~Post a beginning picture: Next update December 2014.

Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I can't wait to join yall next year! I am full apl/bsb, but I am going to trim next month and possibly again in December.

MzOptimistic

Hiii..I'm still hanging in there. I'm at BS. I've been trimming until satisfied. Hopefully, I'll be MBL in December. I need to find out how many inches I have to go. HHG

GettingKinky

So... I'm BSL I think. Did a length check before getting this sew in tomorrow. Had my mom take the photo. And I LOVE this big arse blow out I did. But only Lord knows what I will do with it besides wear it in a bun. But it's fun to play in for the night.

I know I'm all late, but OMG your blow out is GORGEOUS!!! ImanAdero. :drool:

I'll be back with my length check after I have my hair flat ironed in 2 weeks. I may get a trim too, I'm getting tons of tangles/knots at the ends of my hair. I hope it's just because they are bonelaxed and not a problem I'm going to have to keep dealing with.

Pinkicey

I'm at mid back length now and I don't know how I feel about it. I find it soooo hard to manage and I'm getting single strand knots, which I've never had before ever, and I'm relaxed. Does anyone have any advice for avoiding these stupid single strand knots?

Guinan

Re-Branding
I'm at mid back length now and I don't know how I feel about it. I find it soooo hard to manage and I'm getting single strand knots, which I've never had before ever, and I'm relaxed. Does anyone have any advice for avoiding these stupid single strand knots?

What kinds of hairstyles are u wearing? Also, r u having moisture/protein issues? I would have problems if i allowed myself to go too many days w/o washing my hair, because of the shed hairs.

Lilmama1011

I get them occasionally as well. I have,heard serum and oils to make the hair slippery

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
I'm submitting my length check early. I'm not pleased with progress. I had some mid-length breakage due to using fabric ponytail holders. I'm still at shoulder length. I will not make BSL this year, but I have not given up the fight.

image-1540346472.jpg

jprayze

I'm submitting my length check early. I'm not pleased with progress. I had some mid-length breakage due to using fabric ponytail holders. I'm still at shoulder length. I will not make BSL this year, but I have not given up the fight.

Yes keep pushing keranikki. Are you using any growth aids?

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Hey ladies. Been MIA. I will be doing my LC next week. Still doing my consistent regimen. Just clarified with AO Swimmer's Shampoo and am now dcing with a light protein (Silk Dreams Mocha Silk Infusion). My scalp needed some TLC. I'm done with my Manetabolism vitamins. I saw consistent growth in the front, but not necessarily in the back (which is where I wanted it). I can't believe it's almost been a year since I took my avatar picture. My hair is probably still around that. :ohwell: :lol:

Guinan

Re-Branding
A little disappointed in my new hair color. I had gotten mahogany red dye for the front of my hair, thinking it was going to look like a deep cinnamon color; per the bottle.

Well that's def wasn't the case. It came out looking black! Oh well, thank goodness it's temporary.

One pic is before & the other is afterwards.

Last edited:

Lilmama1011

A little disappointed in my new hair color. I had gotten mahogany red dye for the front of my hair, thinking it was going to look like a deep cinnamon color; per the bottle.

Well that's def wasn't the case. It came out looking black! Oh well, thank goodness it's temporary.

Looks healthy though

Tderham1314

I think it looks pretty!!

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
I'm getting back into the swing of things. jprayze I just started taking biotin again with my multi-vitamin. When you asked if I was taking anything, it made me think of what I was doing at the beginning of my journey. I'm going back to pre-pooing before I wash my hair and protein treatments once a month. I hope to see great growth in the next quarter.