BSL/MBL 2014 Challenge

Duchess007

Hey ladies!!!! :wave:

As promised, here is the BSL/MBL 2014 challenge that miss @NikkiQ was planning to host for us. I'm getting this started for her, and am copying the challenger list from the BSL 2013 thread.

Same format as BSL 2013. Hey if it ain't broke...don't fix it :lol:

Okay ladies...let's do this!

I wanted to create a thread for us ladies striving to make it to BSL/MBL next year and to have a great support group to help us reach this milestone.Enough with the chit chat. Let's get down to business.

*The Guidelines*

1. Join the challenge by clicking "thanks" on this post and I'll add you to the list.
  2. The challenge will officially begin on December 31, 2013 and run til December 31, 2014.
  3. The challenge is open to join at any time. No cut off date!
  4. Post pictures with updates, PS ideas, and and anything else hair related that you'd like to share.
  5. STAY POSITIVE!! We're all on a HHJ so let's lift each other up and help out whenever we can.
*Update Dates*

March 31st
June 30th
September 30th
December 31st

For challengers wanting to join, after thanking this post answer the following questions

~Current hair length
~Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd
~Goal month
~Current reggie and styling choices
~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL/MBL?
~Post a beginning picture

If I miss your name, please PM me to be added! Bear with me - I mostly access the forums from my phone, and I can't see mentions.

Challengers
20perlz
3jsmom
4bslbound
910LC
ajacks
ajargon02
alanaturelle
alenanicole
Americka
Angel of the North
Angelicus May
angieang0123
aprilj1
AriBee09
Ash25
Asha's-Hair
Ashawn Arraine
babychocolate
baddison
bajandoc86
bellashair
BGT
bibs
Blairx0
blondemane
BraunSugar
buddhas_mom
Camille322
Carla From VA
Carmelella
Cattypus1
CharnellG
chassiecrane
chelseatiara
cherrynicole
ChevaliYAY
CoffeeBrown
coolsista-paris
Courtdb1
coyacoy
crlsweetie912
Curllover
Curlygirly9
Curlywurly10
CurlsBazillion
DaiseeDay
DaLady82
Damaged but not out
DanceOnTheSkylines
Dee Raven
deedoswell
deltagyrl
DominicanBrazilian82
dr.j
Duchesse
EasypeaZee
ecadnacmc
Eiano
EnExitStageLeft
esi.adokowa
fatimablush
FemmeFatale
Fhrizzball
fifigirl
Firstborn2
Foxglove
FroFab
Froreal3
futurelonglocks
g.lo
gabulldawg
garciagirl
gennatay
GettingKinky
gforceroy
GrowAHead
growbaby
Growingmyhairlong
Guyaneek
gvin89
GWtheVoice
HeadofCurls
HoneyA
HoneyKitt
Honey Bee
IceQueen
ilong
Iluvsmuhgrass
ImanAdero
Incognitus
IndifinableJoli
isawstars
itsjusthair88
ItsSunniDee
jaded_faerie
jayjaycurlz
jazzygirl225
JC-Junkie
jcoenterprise
JJamiah
JosieLynn
jprayze
JulietWhiskey
kandiekj100
keranikki
Kb3auty
Kerryann
Keyari06
Killahkurlz
Kimmy1978
KinkyKurlz
kismettt
Kiwi
KiWiStyle
koolkittychick
KPH
kristaa.10
KurlyNinja

Last edited:

Duchess007

**Continued Challengers List**

lady_godiva
LadyRaider
lamaria211
lawyer2be371
laylaaa
lengthbeyondurthoughts
Leomanetresses727
lexxi
lindsaywhat
Lissa0821
livinthevida
longhair18
longhairdreaming
LoveArianna
Lovingmywaves12
LovLeeLaDee
Lucie
lucky8502
LucSra
Madesa
mamaline
mami2010
MangaManiac
maninyee
ManiiSweetheart
Meritamen
MicheePrings
Miss AJ
Miss_C
miss stress
missbugg21
missliberia
Mjon912
MrsWatson
ms.mimi
mscece1
Ms_CoCo37
msjustrelax
MyAngelEyez~C~U
myhairgrowstoo
Mz.MoMo5235
Nat1984
naturalagain2
NaturallyMede
nazjha
Neala21
neenahbud
nemi95
nevaeh
newnyer
nishkiara
Nomadiclady
Nnelove
NonnieMarie
ojemba
okange76
Oneprettypa
Onhergrind09
pearlific1
Pedrhina
pelohello
PerfectlyFlawed
Phaer
pink219
PinkPeony
polished07
pookaloo83
praisedancer
Pynkdiamonds
ramore07
RayRayFurious
RegaLady
RockCreak
ronie
SafieB
sandalex13
Seamonster
SelahOco
sexcchef
sharifeh
Shelew
shesheshe22
Sholapie
shortdub78
s1b000
silentdove13
SimJam
simplyconfident
SincerelyBeautiful
smgreene67
sofash
soleyyoun
Songbirdb
Starronda
Sugoi
SUNSHINE BABY
SunySydeofLyfe
susanzmorg
sydwrites
tashboog
teysmith
Thann
theNaturalWonders
tiffers
tiffjust2002
TLC2010
Tonto
topnotch1010
tricemcc
trinity8mod8
Trixie58
tuffCOOKIE
tw3636
UGQueen
venusfly
wheezy807
yasunset
yoli184
Your Cheeziness
youwillrise
yuhlovevybz

Duchess007

~Current hair length BSL
~Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd Natural

~Goal month December 2014
~Current reggie and styling choices Henna monthly, henna gloss biweekly, mud wash biweekly, cowash semi-weeekly, DC weekly. Protective styling with twists, braids, and buns. Other than VO5, I only use whole foods, oils, and botanicals on my hair. I have recipes in my album, if anyone wants to try them.
~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL/MBL? I tried inversion, which has worked 50% of the time, so I'll probably keep at it for a while longer. I'm also meaning to try Megatek (I have a bottle of original formula, but keep forgetting about it). I may go back into synthetic braids for part of the year. Otherwise, I'll be doing more of the same.

Last edited:

ezina

I'm joining! I just big chopped so I went down from BSL/MBL to APL.

Current hair length - APL
Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd - Natural :D
Goal month - I'm not really in a hurry so whenever, but I'll just say December 2014 for BSL.
Current reggie and styling choices - I'm still testing things out, being newly natural and all.
What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL/MBL? - More co-washes and DCs. Start hennaing.
Post a beginning picture - To be posted later

myhairgrowstoo

Joining, length check coming soon!

Current hair length - APL
Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd - Transitioning from Texlaxed
Goal month - Dec. '14
Current reggie and styling choices - cowash 1x month with mane and tail conditioner
Wigs
Shampoo 1x a month
What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL/MBL? - trying dominican products and start hennaing on a regular basis. Also trimming on a regular basis
Post a beginning picture - To be continued...

newnyer

Yyyyeeaah! It's going DOWN again honeys! Ok, on to biz:

~Current hair length- somewhere in BSB purgatory.
~Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd- relaxed
~Goal month- Full BSL by March, MBL by September
~Current reggie and styling choices- cowash 1-2x a week, DC once a week w/ alter ego, protein treatments every 2 weeks, henna/indigo once a month
~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL/MBL?- need to get back to moisturizing & sealing religiously. Plan to get braids a few times a year so I can hide my hair for a bit.
~Post a beginning picture- coming soon...

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
I didn't make it to BSL had to cut back to APL, but I'm determined to get over the APL so I'm in!

Guinan

Re-Branding
I'm in!!!!

Current hair length - BSB Baby!!!
Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd - Texlaxed
Goal month - March. '14
Current reggie and styling choices - while in braids, I plan on shampooing & DC every 2wks. M&S as needed
What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL/MBL? - currently stapled inversion into my Reggie. Losing 20lbs
Post a beginning picture - Attached

Last edited:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
~Current hair length:BSB

~Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd: Natural

~Goal month: MBL March 2014

~Current reggie and styling choices: Co-cleanse/shampoo weekly in twists, Detangle bi-monthly (once w/fingers and once with wide tooth seamless comb). Protein treatment every 6 - 8 weeks. Mild protein in between. DC weekly, moisturize and seal every other day. I like heavy sealing with butters and grease. I also use MN and/or sulfur pomade or oil on my scalp every other day to aid in growth.

~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL/MBL?: I will add some hair vitamins (most likely Priteva in the new year).

~Post a beginning picture: Pic is from mid September. I may update at the end of the year if there is a significant difference.

Attachments

• Hair 9-14-2013.jpg
    Hair 9-14-2013.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 139

LadyRaider

I'm in because I want to be with the cool kids!
Count me as an inclusion student; I ride the "short bus!"

Perhaps the discovery of "LOC" will be my answer!
Regardless I am in!
BSL in 2014!

ilong

God's Own
@Duchess007 - thanks again for kicking off the challenge.

~Current hair length - Li'l past SL
~Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd - Natural

~Goal month - BSL> Aug '14; MBL > Dec '14

~Current reggie and styling choices - PS w/ Wigs - Plain ol' braids underneath. Week 1: Cleanse hair with shampoo (various) Week 2: Co- wash; Week 3: Clarify and Protein treatment; Week 4: Clarify Week 5: Co-wash. (start over with Week 1) Weekly: Deep Condition and Rinse with tea and Fenugreek weekly. Light Protein. Daily: LCO and massages with oil blends, including sulfur. Was doing GHE nightly but slacked off due to weather, to avoid catching a cold. NO HEAT

.~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL/MBL? - Revise Vitamin Regimen - discontinuing Viviscal and replacing it with ???. PS - want to add another PS - Braids, maybe!!! Actively practice Inversion

~Post a beginning picture - I will take a starting PIC and post it in December. I want to have an end pic to show Viviscal (lack of) results.

Last edited:

Fhrizzball

Yay! I've been waiting for this.

*Current hair length - just scraping MBL but I won't claim it yet
*Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd - Natural(5 years this month! Sadly nothing to show for it..)
*Goal month - for full MBL - March 2014
*Current reggie and styling choices - low manipulation styles via twist outs/braidouts and curlformers. Shampoo when needed and oil rinse with every shampoo.
*What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL/MBL? - Will protective style for the rest of next year and introduce wigging into my regimen. Will also only low manipulation via mini twists and wet sets.
*Post a beginning picture - Will post a picture in December as I'm only ~.5 inches until I'm at the bottom of my bra. Fingers crossed.

isawstars

Thank you SO much for tagging me! I texlaxed my hair over the summer and fell off the board... I just recently got back into the habit of visiting this board, not to mention taking care of my hair again because I've been slacking!

I will be back with my info.

Tonto

I am in! I plan on having a big trim at the end of this year so let's just say I plan on making it to MBL in 2014

Current hair length: Between BSB and BSL, but when I'll get my trim I think it might go up to APL...oh well

Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd: Natural

Goal monthDecember

Current reggie and styling choices:I have a sew-in right now. I plan on wearing wigs during the cold month or/and sew-ins, low manipulation styles such as cornrows or flat twists. For my reggie, I change it a lot. But basically, it's shampooing, deep conditioning and styling my hair every 2-3 weeks.

What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL/MBL?: I plan on trying the inversion method one week per month, massaging my scalp more often, do the GHE, incorporating fitness, henna my hair once a month and/or incorporate tea rinses in my reggie, baby my ends, use heat a bit more often -like once a month-, have some protein treatment to strengthen my hair and visualize the length I want in December. :grin::lick:

Post a beginning picture: Will provide one after my trim!:yep:

Dee Raven

Thanks for mentioning me. As it turns out, I actually noticed that I made full MBL last weekend. But good luck ladies. BSL/MBL will be here before you know it.

naturalagain2

Thanks for tagging me!!

~Current hair length - Close to BSB
~Goal month - I'm hoping I can be BSL by June the latest and MBL by Dec 2014
~Current reggie and styling choices Working on a new reggie now (trying to adjust to my hair needs. My styling choice I plan to protective style more and work on simple nice looking protective styles.
~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL/MBL? Protective styling more, trying to master finger detangling and get better with my ayurvedic treatments.

Here is a pic from Sept 2013

bellashair

~Current hair length - BSB
~Goal month - MBL by Dec 2014
~Current reggie and styling choices - Lots of co-washing, deep conditioning & protective styling for the winter
~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL/MBL? More deep conditioning treatments.. Less manipulation & laying off sew-in's this year

Last edited:

SincerelyBeautiful

Yup I'm all up in this challenge!!! ;)

~Current hair length: BSB
~Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd: Texlaxed
~Goal month: March for BSL, Dec for MBL
~Current reggie and styling choices: Cowash twice a week, Deep condition once a week, shampoo once a month, tea rinse once a week, GHE when needed, relax every six months, Trim only after relaxers, Bantu knot outs, twist outs, box braids or kinky twists as PS.
~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL/MBL? I plan on incorporating scalp massages more often and I plan to keep my hands out of my hair as I suffer from hands in hair syndrome lol!!
~Post a beginning picture:

Flat Ironed
image-3250645070.jpg

Wash N Go
image-1377175220.jpg