BSL/MBL 2014 Challenge

ImanAdero

Details on your frames please....love them.

KPH they're from Zennioptical.com. Like $20!

Also attaching a side photo. I'm kinda mad though... Why am I not WL if my sides are practically BSL?! Lol. I gotta get my hair life together v

Attachments

• image-375055344.jpg
    image-375055344.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 144

Kerryann

Took my weave out washed and dced ...blow dried then flat ironed ...results where blah but what ev

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20141013_084938.jpg
    ForumRunner_20141013_084938.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 154

naturalagain2

I haven't been in here for a minute. I will post my LC this weekend when I get some time. I've been cutting it little by little so it really looks the same as my sig picture to me.

isawstars

I'm so bummed out. My hair looks the exact same length: APL. I didn't even bother taking pics. I'm tired of being APL. SIGH.

Sent from my LG G2 via LHCF app

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
I'm so bummed out. My hair looks the exact same length: APL. I didn't even bother taking pics. I'm tired of being APL. SIGH. Sent from my LG G2 via LHCF app

Did you see and feel a difference in thickness? Does your hair grow in layers and maybe the layers are now even? Stay positive! I just came out of the same slump, but then I was reminded of the things I used to do for my hair. Review your regimen.

jprayze

I'm coming for the length check today or tomorrow! I haven't done a good job of keeping up with my LC pics this year. I will try to find my starting pic for this challenge so I can monitor my progress in the last year.

It's time for new vitamins. I'm thinking of trying Hairfinity...any success stories? Or don't bother?

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Will anyone be joining the WL 2015 thread if you already haven't? I'm co-hosting it.

Or will you join BSL/MBL 2015? I might go ahead and join the BSL/MBL 2015 since I will probably make MBL sometime in the Spring.

Kerryann

Right now I don't know what my hair is doing but my goal is to get my shortest length pass BSL...I'm really going to try and get these 6 inches that I'm supposed to get for next year....protective styling will be a major factor

Guinan

Re-Branding
Will anyone be joining the WL 2015 thread if you already haven't? I'm co-hosting it.

Or will you join BSL/MBL 2015? I might go ahead and join the BSL/MBL 2015 since I will probably make MBL sometime in the Spring.

I don't think im going to "officially" join any length challenges b/c I'm not too sure what length I'm aiming for just yet. Part of me wants to keep my hair at either SL or APL. But sometimes I think I want to try to reach WL; IDK. But I'll def be popping in looking at the hair pics and provided my thoughts of wisdom.:yep:

isawstars

Did you see and feel a difference in thickness? Does your hair grow in layers and maybe the layers are now even? Stay positive! I just came out of the same slump, but then I was reminded of the things I used to do for my hair. Review your regimen.

keranikki Thickness is the same. I honestly don't see any growth but maybe 3 months of sew in weave isn't long enough to notice a huge difference? I'm debating if I should return to a normal regimen of DCing, and buns instead of investing in another sew in. I had no damage or problems. I was just disappointed.

Thanks for your kind words. It's nice to know I'm not alone.
I feel you. Been in this BSB rut for a year. :nono:

Froreal3 Thanks lady! I'm glad it's not just me. I hope we can get out of this rut by the end of this challenge!

jprayze

We've been quiet ladies! Here's my LC. I haven't had a great growth year in 2014 so far. I must admit I haven't been as dedicated. I have to renew some old habits. My retention has not been good at all. I think I'm on track for MBL by end of the year, but I should have gotten there earlier. I will attach a side by side with my length check shirt on later. Ladies, let's all renew those old habits that got us this far!

image-3089716906.jpg

isawstars

I bumped up my game this past week!

I've introduced hair vitamins, drink tons of water and use the LOC method when braiding hair at night. I'll prob return to weave in November. But a full sewin this time.

Sent from my LG G2 via LHCF app

Last edited:

ImanAdero

I'll solidly claim MBL yall. I measured. From nape to tailbone on me is 23.5 inches. My hair at the nape is roughly 15inches. So I'm past MBL.

Still need a few inches o waist length, but that may change as I lose weight anyway lol. #foreverchasingWL lol. I'm happy though. For once my hair feels semi long.

(It's actually about 18 inches in the front though bit would be nice if my hair grew out the same way all over).

Attachments

• image-705872699.jpg
    image-705872699.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 126

isawstars

Has anyone been doing S&Ds/"search and destroy" on a regular basis with positive results?

I took out my sew in last week... got a small trim and I still have split ends everywhere! Even mid-shaft splits! I've never had such bad ends (That I've noticed).

I really want to get another sew in but It looks like I need to spend more time with my hair and quit hiding it... So yeah, that's what I've been doing the past two days: Search and destroying.

sgold04

I had my hair flat ironed for the first time since December 2013. She trimmed about an 1-1.5 inches. I'm not sure if I'm MBL, but I'm definitely on my way. My ultimate goal is Waist Length.

Front view today

image-110549773.jpg

October 2013--hair stopped at line 11
image-3252156702.jpg

Today 10/30/2014--hair stops at line 15
image-3462090856.jpg

Lilmama1011

I had my hair flat ironed for the first time since December 2013. She trimmed about an 1-1.5 inches. I'm not sure if I'm MBL, but I'm definitely on my way. My ultimate goal is Waist Length.

Front view today

Pretty.....

Bunnyhaslonghair

Ebonics Queen

Front view today

Very pretty! What is your regimen?

Eta: Nevermind. I see you posted it earlier in the thread.

Last edited:

babyt87

Length check

Feb 2014 - sorry about the rubbish photos my phone was rubbish! I was around the 5/6 line

image-400101839.jpg

image-1002972324.jpg

Today

image-1446431191.jpg

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
^^Yes! Great retention babyt87.

As for me, nothing new to report. Trying to figure out why the front only grew and the back didn't. I go through spurts of caring and not caring about it. :lol:

I may flat iron in December for the year's last lc...depends on how lazy I feel.

ImanAdero

Scheduled a flat iron for the Wednesday before Thanksgiving! I'm excited about it! Haven't flat ironed my hair in a year and I'm hype to see how it turns out.

In the mean time I'm gonna get some GOOD deep conditioning in over he next 3 weeks.

Probably do an APHogee 2Step and use more of my SM Manuka Honey mask with added raw honey.

I am looking for optimal results and hoping when she trims it. Optimal meaning I'm still MBL.

Also been taking these these HSN vitamins. They've done wonders for my eyelashes, but I'm hoping they're helping my hair too.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I received my new NJoy sulfur oil. I will start using this again by oiling my scalp five times per week with an overnight baggy. I saw a lot of progress in 2013 with this. I hope to grow/retain at least 3 inches in 2015. That will put me at a solid MBL/scraping waist.

Duchess007

I received my new NJoy sulfur oil. I will start using this again by oiling my scalp five times per week with an overnight baggy. I saw a lot of progress in 2013 with this. I hope to grow/retain at least 3 inches in 2015. That will put me at a solid MBL/scraping waist.

Did you ever try Liquid Gold? I need to do a controlled experiment, because I'm not sure if it worked or not. :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Did you ever try Liquid Gold? I need to do a controlled experiment, because I'm not sure if it worked or not. :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Never tried Liquid Gold. I heard it smells worse. :nono:

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF