BSL/MBL 2014 Challenge

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I'm not going to claim MBL yet because it only reaches when it's relaxer straight. And I'm going to cut a few inches off in a few weeks.

Or maybe I should claim it then I can claim it again when it grows back. :smile:

Oh ok. What you think us naturals do? :lol:

KaramelDiva1978

Oh wow!! I've missed everything in this thread for the last 7 months or so!! I've been in school, in a new job and now 8 months pregnant... Lots going on! But I think I may be BSL. I'm due for a relaxer as we speak, so it may be longer. MBL should come next year if my setback after baby isn't too bad. Good to see some familiar faces here.

ForumRunner_20141207_230732.jpg

Curlywurly10

Congratulations KaramelDiva!!

I too have been missing for the last few months, it's been a crazy year. But I have been lurking from time to time, great progress ladies! Today I flat ironed for the first time in months and trimmed one inch off. I should probably cut more off the back because it grows in a severe V but I'll leave it for now. So I guess I'm BSL? I'm a bit confused with hair lengths on me, cos my waist seems to be just under BSL, so where is MBL??

Attachments

• image-1247488984.jpg
    image-1247488984.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 134

Duchess007

Congratulations KaramelDiva!!

I too have been missing for the last few months, it's been a crazy year. But I have been lurking from time to time, great progress ladies! Today I flat ironed for the first time in months and trimmed one inch off. I should probably cut more off the back because it grows in a severe V but I'll leave it for now. So I guess I'm BSL? I'm a bit confused with hair lengths on me, cos my waist seems to be just under BSL, so where is MBL??

Yep, it looks like BSL=MBL for you. Your hair looks great!

Curlywurly10

lol How tall are you Curlywurly10 I'm 5'2" and MBL is 2" away from BSB/BSL on me. WL is 3" away from that. I Have been struggling to get my longest layer to grow/retain that 2" to MBL this whole year. :ohwell:

Ah I know that feeling, you'll get there Froreal :yep: I'm 5'5", but perhaps I just have longer legs and a short body...! Or maybe I just wear my bra low...hmm dunno.

Last edited:

Duchess007

Last couple of weeks, ladies! I've been PSing since mid-November and I'm loving it. Going to take these twists down probably next week so I can LC/trim, henna, and DC, and then back in they go. I forgot how much I love long term protective styling.

What forgotten or new things are you adding to your regimen in 2015? I'm interested in MHM, although I may need to do more research slash lurking before I try it. LOL

Jace032000

Hey all! I haven't posted in here in a while but you know I've been lurking.

The below before and after picture was for my hair infinity challenge update but thought I'd post it in here as well.

The before picture was taken in March 2014 so it has not quite been a year yet.

My original goal was to reach BSL by the end of the year ...but I think I'm MBL now. If that is the case than Im incredibly happy!!!

image-3889994473.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Duchess007

Hey all! I haven't posted in here in a while but you know I've been lurking.

The below before and after picture was for my hair infinity challenge update but thought I'd post it in here as well.

The before picture was taken in March 2014 so it has not quite been a year yet.

My original goal was to reach BSL by the end of the year ...but I think I'm MBL now. If that is the case than Im incredibly happy!!!

AWESOME growth girl!

Rufigirl

Current hair length; Shoulder length
Relaxed/Natura/Texlaxed/Transitioning: Natural
Goal Month: Nov 2015
Current Reggie and styling choices: LOC under a wig and occasional cornrows
What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL/BSL?: consistent deep conditioning ( both Moisture and Protein)

will post a picture soon

Jace032000

Jace032000 That's an insane amount of growth in such a short time! Congrats!

Thanks Frorea3. Someone else asked in another thread if I was using any other growth aid aside from hair infinity. So I thought I'd also post in here:

I started using liquid hair gold magic cream about a month ago at the suggestion of some of the others in this forum. I've seen amazing results in just a month of usage. My hair loves sulfur...and anything oil based. I used to be a product junkie trying every cream under the sun and washing my hair every other day. What I have found though is that my hair thrived when I simply just left it alone. Washing every two weeks, deep conditioning and protein treatments regularly and that's it.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Here's my LC

Pink is MBL. Blue is WL (roughly).

ForumRunner_20141221_104510.jpg

ForumRunner_20141221_104351.jpg

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20141221_104408.jpg
    ForumRunner_20141221_104408.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Thanks Frorea3. Someone else asked in another thread if I was using any other growth aid aside from hair infinity. So I thought I'd also post in here:

I started using liquid hair gold magic cream about a month ago at the suggestion of some of the others in this forum. I've seen amazing results in just a month of usage. My hair loves sulfur...and anything oil based. I used to be a product junkie trying every cream under the sun and washing my hair every other day. What I have found though is that my hair thrived when I simply just left it alone. Washing every two weeks, deep conditioning and protein treatments regularly and that's it.

Jace032000 I use sulfur too, but I think I'm gonna back to washing every two weeks (so twice a month instead of every week). I'm a pj too, so that's gonna be hard. :nono:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
You are VERY close!

Thanks. I have been very close for a year now. I only retained in the front and sides of my hair. The back was like "whatever man." :ohwell:

I will be committed to a hands off reggie. I have been washing weekly, but I'm going to stop that now because I think my ends are too old for that. My hair is fine also.

Here's my tentative new regimen. I used to keep my twists in for two weeks at a time and that is when my hair retained the most. It's gonna be tough for me because I'm a pj and I like to use my stuff. :look: Wish me luck ladies! :lol:

1st Week: Prepoo/detangle, Shampoo or mud wash, protein treatment, DC, ACV rinse, style in twists.
2nd Week: Nothing. Just keep moisturizing and sealing twists every other day and applying my sulfur oil a few times per week.
3rd Week: Cowash, protein treatment, DC in my twists
4th week: Nothing. Just moisturizing, sealing and sulfur
Repeat

My style will be twists or braids under wigs.

Last edited:

sgold04

I'm officially claiming MBL!! I could have had another inch or two if I wasn't so brutal to my hair during the summer, it resulted in a deep trim, but I'm happy as long as I show a net gain in length. The pic is blurry, but the longest layers of my hair are right around the number 18 on the shirt (the shirt goes to 20)

image-978260525.jpg

Guinan

Re-Branding
Thanks. I have been very close for a year now. I only retained in the front and sides of my hair. The back was like "whatever man." :ohwell:

I will be committed to a hands off reggie. I have been washing weekly, but I'm going to stop that now because I think my ends are too old for that. My hair is fine also.

Here's my tentative new regimen. I used to keep my twists in for two weeks at a time and that is when my hair retained the most. It's gonna be tough for me because I'm a pj and I like to use my stuff. :look: Wish me luck ladies! :lol:

1st Week: Prepoo/detangle, Shampoo or mud wash, protein treatment, DC, ACV rinse, style in twists.
2nd Week: Nothing. Just keep moisturizing and sealing twists every other day and applying my sulfur oil a few times per week.
Repeat

That sounds like a good reggie. Sometimes less is more.

Duchess007

Repeat

That sounds awesome. I love the planning stage! :grin: