BSL/MBL 2015 Challenge

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I colored my hair blue/black again with Manic Panic shocking blue. This time I applied it to unwashed hair and wore a baggy and a beanie for 8 hours. I rinsed it and shampood my hair with cream of nature then used the Garnier Nutrisse after color treatment.

Now I'm letting my hair airdry. I will redo my celies tomorrow.

snoop

After seeing all of these wonderful blowouts I remembered that I wanted to straighten my hair this month. I'm not feeling it right now (mostly fear of having a set back since I'd be doing it at home). I think I'll try next year. Or I'll try another technique to fake it if I have time.

I've been combining my medium twists into big twists. I'm having company over this weekend so I might move wash day to tomorrow then try a chunky twist out.

I've noticed that I've had less breakage. I'm wondering what my hair would have been like if I had started protein treatments years ago. I'll know by next year whether or not I'm a slow grower or if I've just been consistent with my level of breakage.

snoop

My hair is in dire need of a deep detangling and a trim. I was going to wait until next weekend to do it but I think that since I got most of the chores done this weekend and will have time then I'll just do it today.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm going hard with the growth aides this week. Once I straighten my hair next week I have to slow down with the liquid gold oil and mn. Reverted roots are not a good look for me. I might do once a week instead of 3-4 times a week.

snoop

After seeing all of these wonderful blowouts I remembered that I wanted to straighten my hair this month. I'm not feeling it right now (mostly fear of having a set back since I'd be doing it at home). I think I'll try next year. Or I'll try another technique to fake it if I have time.

I've been combining my medium twists into big twists. I'm having company over this weekend so I might move wash day to tomorrow then try a chunky twist out.

I've noticed that I've had less breakage. I'm wondering what my hair would have been like if I had started protein treatments years ago. I'll know by next year whether or not I'm a slow grower or if I've just been consistent with my level of breakage.

So yesterday I tried something a little different. I coated my hair with LOTS of conditioner without wetting it first. Covered it with a plastic cap and let it sit for about 40 minutes. I got my spray bottle of water and conditioner and my combs and detangled in front of the TV. It was sooo easy! I saved a LOT of water by not being in the shower and I barely had to use the spray bottle. I'll definitely detangle this way again.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm under the dryer with Kerastase Maskeratine (mask). I really hope my hair responds well to this treatment. I am going to flatiron my hair this evening once it airdries.

bluenvy

@Prettymetty your hair looks bsl? It definitely meets your bra straps.
You grew that hair back in no time.
It's thick and looks great!

For me I was lazy tonight to flat iron.
I dust my ends in it's natural state, just to reap morrocco method benefits.
Back at it tomorrow to see if it grew any.

Postpartum hair loss took its toll on me. I'm not anticipating growth at this point.

My son turns 1 in February, so I have a couple months of struggling hair.
I will be happy if it's back to bsl by year end.

Daina

@Prettymetty your hair looks bsl? It definitely meets your bra straps.
You grew that hair back in no time.
It's thick and looks great!

For me I was lazy tonight to flat iron.
I dust my ends in it's natural state, just to reap morrocco method benefits.
Back at it tomorrow to see if it grew any.

Postpartum hair loss took its toll on me. I'm not anticipating growth at this point.

My son turns 1 in February, so I have a couple months of struggling hair.
I will be happy if it's back to bsl by year end.

@bluenvy hugs the #hair struggle post baby is real! My son turned 1 in October and I also had crazy shedding and just an overall change in my hair post pregnancy. I breast-fed and thought that might help to keep the shedding to a minimum but that was not the case. My edges and the thinning was the worst. Just started taking Hair La Vie supplements and will be trying Amla oil as well.

bluenvy

Thank you @Daina you just described my head lol.
My edges fell out terribly! And my ends where see through, had to trim an inch+

I breast fed up to 6 months. But my hair started falling out in the second month bad.
My edges where bald and I felt bald headed even though I had hair elsewhere.
My edges grew back but now has to catch up with the rest of my length.

Hope the oil and supplements works for you. Keep me updated on this please.
I'm still struggling to grow it out.