Bsl/mbl 2018 Challenge!!

Evolving78

I’m in!
I’m relaxed, APL
And trying to reach BSL by the summer!
I just started a new reggie
Wash, dc, and roller set weekly
Maintain curls by using various soft rollers, rods, and hair clips.
I’m using products designed for chemically/color treated hair.

I don’t know when I will post a pic yet.

LuvlyRain3

I’m currently at APL and natural.

Regimen
-shampoo every two weeks
-prepoo with DIY aloe vera mix
-shampoo (clarify or chelate as needed)
-protein as needed
-dc
-LOC method
-place hair in some sort of stretched or protective style (like braids, buns or twists)
-cowash on alternate weeks
-LOC method
-place hair in some sort of stretched or protective style (like braids, buns or twists)

Will oil my ends and scalp as needed and I am also taking curls liquid vitamins daily.

Last edited:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I'm in!

I'm natural.

Here are my pictures from my December 21, 2017 trip to the salon for a blow dry, flat iron, and trim.

BEFORE TRIM:

WP_20171221_037.jpg

AFTER TRIM:

WP_20171221_046.jpg

WP_20171221_101.jpg

WP_20171221_080.jpg WP_20171221_122.jpg

Regimen
A) Once a month: Chelate
B) As needed: Protein treatment
C) Every 3-7 days: Wash (or water rinse or cowash) and style
Wash and style entails these steps:
1- Prepoo, section, and predetangle hair
2- Exfoliate then cleanse scalp
3- Cleanse strands (and finger detangle strands if using a very slippery cleanser)
4- Balancing deep conditioner under heat
5- Moisturize, detangle with KareCo Tangle Buster brush, and seal: aaTCB

(AVJ ayurvedic tea, slippery cream, sealing butter . . . can add gel)
6- Treat ends, then grease or oil ends
7- Style in ways that reduce tangling (e.g., [banded] twists --> twist out . . . twist bun . . . etc.)
D) Every other night: Hydrate/moisturize the hair, oil massage edges, oil massage the scalp
E) Every night: Protect hair by wearing a loc-sock-looking head covering from Walgreens

Prioritized products and tools: HairPrint Chelating Shampoo, Shea Moisture High Porosity Moisture-Seal Masque (prepoo), Ouchless Goody Updo barrettes, Cantu ACV Root Rinse, Soultanicals Soulvedic Strands Poo Bar, HairVeda Creamy Hair Cleansing Rinse, Green Beauty Real Protein, Shea Moisture Manuka Honey Masque, HairVeda Red Tea Conditioner, Hot Head Deep Conditioning Heat Cap, CurlyProverbz DIY Ayurvedic Hair Tea, HairVeda Red Tea Heavy Cream, KareCo Tangle Buster brush, HairVeda Red Tea Serum, Asha & Miel Edge Genesis Ultra Oil, CurlyProverbz DIY Ayurvedic Hair Growth Oil, Walgreens "lock soc," Biosilk Hard Rock Gelee (as my edge control)

Last edited:

PeaceLover

I’m joining this challenge for DD since I’m focusing more on her hair this year! It’s more traffic on this forum vs. the children’s forum so don’t kick me out please.

I need suggestions for this regimen-
She’s a natural 4a/4b( I think)
She would be considered BSL(even though she doesn’t wear a bra yet lol) and the goal is MBL by the end of the year.

Regime:
Pre-poo- Silicon mix
Shampoo- KeraCare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo
DC- keraCare Humecto, coconut oil & silicon mix
Leave in- ???
Extras- sulfate on her scalp one a week
PS- ponytails, braids

I straighten her hair about 3 times a year for a trim. She loves twist out & braid outs so I let her wear her hair out for a couple days after wash day before I style with ponytails or braids.

I took these pics about 6 months ago. She had an old braid out in one pic and it straightened (before trim) in the other pic- same day.

085DE036-14C7-4E9B-80CE-084B195F1635.jpeg 3900D7F7-00A8-44D4-8B98-F7E121EAE296.jpeg

Last edited:

Evolving78

I’m joining this challenge for DD since I’m focusing more on her hair this year! It’s more traffic on this forum vs. the children’s forum so don’t kick me out please.

I need suggestions for this regimen-
She’s a natural 4a/4b( I think)
She would be considered BSL(even though she doesn’t wear a bra yet lol) and the goal is MBL by the end of the year.

Regime:
Pre-poo- Silicon mix
Shampoo- KeraCare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo
DC- keraCare Humecto, coconut oil & silicon mix
Leave in- ???
Extras- sulfate on her scalp one a week
PS- ponytails, braids

I straighten her hair about 3 times a year for a trim. She loves twist out & braid outs so I let her wear her hair out for a couple days after wash day before I style with ponytails or braids.

I took these pics about 6 months ago. She had an old braid out in one pic and it straightened (before trim) in the other pic- same day.

View attachment 419269 View attachment 419271
just use a detangling spray and leave the silicon mix out. nice Mommy!

Evolving78

Thank you! Recommendations for a detangling spray? I wanted the silicon mix for slippage because her tangles are serious lol
Silk Elements detangling spray for kids (forgot the name)
Just For Me has a detangling cream that is a preshampoo treatment
Luster’s Pink for kids has a nice detangling spray as well
And Kids Organics detangling lotion is good.

All of these rinse clean, and leave no buildup.

beingofserenity

20171219_203542.jpg I'm in. Realistically, I'm closer to apl than bsl but I'd rather shoot for the moon.

Excuse me for this really bad length shot. I don't feel like taking another. My hair is like 5 different lengths, but the tail end is a bit past my shoulders. This is from Oct 23rd.

My regimen.
Wash 1-3 times a week
Blow dry after most washes.
Current products are nexxus humectress S&C. 1x a week, minimum
Aussie moist 7in1 conditioner
And leave in
Sillicon mix conditioner. 2x a month.
When not blow drying, I use shea butter and the low porosity shea moisture detangler/leave in. Black gel.

Style however. Loose braids, buns, ponys.

Evolving78

I did a roller set Sunday. Last night was the second night I dressed my hair for bed. I think this will be a good way to moisturize and seal my ends, making sure all of my hair gets moisture. I think I will wash and set my hair Friday instead of Saturday.

Make that Thursday... and I will be using flexi rods. My new growth is telling on me!

Last edited:

curlykimmy

I'm in. I'm natural. I think my longest layers are APL. Joining will help me be accountable to take better care of my hair and decrease laziness.

My goal is BSL by the end of the year. My usual styles are twist outs and occasional wash and gos, but they end up in a puff that I don't touch for days :( I plan to be more consistent with deep conditioning, moisturizing, sealing, and nighttime care.

apple_natural

I bought some cheap hair accessories from alibaba and some braiding hair from wigtypes

Besides that, I have dandruff which means I need an acv rinse.

Also, I wanted to go to apl challenge, but I'm just used to being in here. I don't want to leave. Although I will keep up with the shea thread and learn from the hip length too.

faithVA

I bought some cheap hair accessories from alibaba and some braiding hair from wigtypes

Besides that, I have dandruff which means I need an acv rinse.

Also, I wanted to go to apl challenge, but I'm just used to being in here. I don't want to leave. Although I will keep up with the shea thread and learn from the hip length too.
I don't think you should leave if you like being in here. You can shoot for APL and BSL at the same time. Go for it.