Bsl/mbl 2018 Challenge!!

Caramel74

Following up again. Spoke to my hairstylist and he said he cut a total of four inches. Welp at least he was honest. I am going to search for a thread on how to deal with this happening. Meantime I’m planning for a sew in. From SL to where I was took about 7 months so hoping that with my sew in and some tlc and vitamins I’ll be ready for Jamaica over thanksgiving!
:2inlove:

Caramel74

I keep forgetting to update lol. I straightened my hair in March and had it trimmed by the stylist, who only took off only half of what she was she supposed to (maybe because I looked like I wanted to pass out). I washed my hair in mid March, but before doing so took a bit more off. I say 'a bit more' because I have no clue, I just trimmed mostly by how it felt. I don't know why I didn't do it sooner! (Well, I know why, I was scared it wouldn't grow back :look: and that every inch I retained was just pure luck). Anyway, my hair has been behaving much better. I think I need to keep regular trimming in mind, since I'm well aware that I'm prone to split ends. (I once googled 'kinds of split-ends', and I recognized every kind of split end in the article as something I've seen on my head before :whyme:). Anyway, I'm going to roller set in June to see where my hair is as I have no clue how much I actually took off (maybe an 1-1.5 inches?). This was long, but therapeutic :wiggle:.
:2inlove:

Caramel74

So ya'll know how I live my life I still have these braids in lol. I'm trying to find the time to sit and do my hair without having to rush through it.
Get down wit it gorgeous! Friday night down time with some take out... or delivery.. :).. and a movie it the background. I used to do my hair in front of the movie on Friday nights, then get down with it again on Saturday. So it was in two stages, well worth it.

It's ok, we'll be alright :) My cut makes me feel some type of way at times. However, I'm thinking pulling it back wet to make it look straight constantly may have hurt me. So being it's cut in a shape. I try to let it shrink up and dry before pulling it back as the hair professional told me. I just wasn't ready to do that because my shrinkage looked ridiculous. Healthy hair at any length is always a gain.
I’m in the same boat and that’s one of the only things keeping me sane-knowing that I probably did have thin ends from poor care. I constantly wore tight ponybuns and often fell asleep without my silk wrap. I probably undermined all my growth. My ends did look thin but I still question how I’ll survive losing this much hair. How much Hair did you chop?

LushLox

Following up again. Spoke to my hairstylist and he said he cut a total of four inches. Welp at least he was honest. I am going to search for a thread on how to deal with this happening. Meantime I’m planning for a sew in. From SL to where I was took about 7 months so hoping that with my sew in and some tlc and vitamins I’ll be ready for Jamaica over thanksgiving!

So did you want to have the 4 inches cut off or not? From your previous post it seemed as if you wanted to because of hair thinning due to ponytails etc.

I had the same issue with pony's too, so I've had to completely cut them out now as a styling option. I really need to focus on getting some density to the back of my hair.

I took 0.5 inches off my ends recently. I'm babying the hell out of these new ends now.
Not all at once. I actually thought he would stop at 2.5 and I could get the rest off gradually, if necessary. It was a total miscommunication, but here we are. I mean he wasn’t wrong, the ends of my hair suffered because I would do tight ponybuns at work nearly every day. I’m with you. I think it’s the main reason my hair thinned. But 4 inches at once? My heart can’t take it.

LushLox

Not all at once. I actually thought he would stop at 2.5 and I could get the rest off gradually, if necessary. It was a total miscommunication, but here we are. I mean he wasn’t wrong, the ends of my hair suffered because I would do tight ponybuns at work nearly every day. I’m with you. I think it’s the main reason my hair thinned. But 4 inches at once? My heart can’t take it.

Understood and I feel you. That is indeed, a lot of hair to lose at once. Sorry that happened to you, the stylist should have been very clear what he was going to do. :bighug:

But you're starting from a good point now and you'll get right back to where you were in no time.

Caramel74

I’m in the same boat and that’s one of the only things keeping me sane-knowing that I probably did have thin ends from poor care. I constantly wore tight ponybuns and often fell asleep without my silk wrap. I probably undermined all my growth. My ends did look thin but I still question how I’ll survive losing this much hair. How much Hair did you chop?
Oh gosh, I was almost WL but the differences in length all over my head were ridiculous from breakage. I've grown in APL and past at least 3 times and had to go back up to SL at least 3 times....

free2bme

I'm looking forward to my June Keratin treatment and progress pics. I've been counting calories and working out. Hopefully I'm down at least 15lbs by then.
What keratin treatment do you use? I'm a fairly new natural and I'm still figuring out what direction to go in but I know I'll be straightening about once a month.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
What keratin treatment do you use? I'm a fairly new natural and I'm still figuring out what direction to go in but I know I'll be straightening about once a month.
I use a tannin treatment. I just did it tonight actually. Snapchat-466757324.jpg I believe it's called blue gold. I went half with @Napp. This was my third time using this brand. I've also used Uncurly Keratin a few times. Uncurly is definitely better, but the fumes are terrible and if you don't wear gloves your hands will be chapped for a few days.

Oh gosh, I was almost WL but the differences in length all over my head were ridiculous from breakage. I've grown in APL and past at least 3 times and had to go back up to SL at least 3 times....
Oh so you feel me! I think I may swap over to the healthy ends challenge. It seems that every day I come until with a new Hair plan. As of right now I’m not doing a sew in, just going to moisturize and deal my ends every night and make sure I Bobby pin my slap cap so it doesn’t fall off in the bed.

Understood and I feel you. That is indeed, a lot of hair to lose at once. Sorry that happened to you, the stylist should have been very clear what he was going to do. :bighug:

But you're starting from a good point now and you'll get right back to where you were in no time.

Yea I am focusing on retention!!!! Taking my vitamins and hoping for the best, although I haven’t been doing as much cardio as of late, guess I need to get my butt back to the gym too. Going to invert this week.

Sending a big thank you hug back!

Caramel74

I've thought about sewin ins too and I just happen to know I'd end up bald. I just embrace what my hair can and cannot do. Lord knows it's cost me years and inches.... as long as it's long enough to pull it back when it's dry is good enough for me. I still can't keep my hands out of it. And anyone knows with ringlets, you cannot mess w them when they are wet... well u can.. but the results wont'be good... haha

I've thought about sewin ins too and I just happen to know I'd end up bald. I just embrace what my hair can and cannot do. Lord knows it's cost me years and inches.... as long as it's long enough to pull it back when it's dry is good enough for me. I still can't keep my hands out of it. And anyone knows with ringlets, you cannot mess w them when they are wet... well u can.. but the results wont'be good... haha
I decided against a sew in after all for the same reason. I need to go into the depths of LHCF to find some protective styles for thin hair. Until then I'm just babying my ends best I can.

CoilyArielBrowe

It's been a while since I posted an update. I've been growing out heat damage for the last year. Last week I was able to do a decent twist out for the first time. There's still a noticeable transition but my hair looks more like it used to. So I'm excited.

fullsizeoutput_1386.jpeg

This is a picture of the heat damaged section. Since I've decided to keep the hair and grow it out. I have been seeing some broken pieces. This week during wash day I decided to do a protein treatment test. I just did Aphogee Step 1 last week so I didn't want to do another hard protein. So I tried SSI Okra on one side and Mielle Organics Babassu, both seemed to help. I'll continued to use protective styles and conditioners with some protein .

Leo24Rule

I'd like to join this challenge!

I keep cutting my hair so now it's a little above SL curly and when stretched BSL. Now that I've cut all split ends I can now grow my hair out. I just need to put down the scissors. Hide 'em!!

My goals are gonna be simple:
  1. Up my water intake
  2. Eat healthy
  3. Exercise
  4. Take my vitamins (Andrew Lessmans: Aloe Vera, Marine Collagen w/ MSM, Hair Skin & Nails) & Multi-Vitamin
  5. Try to get adequate sleep
  6. Keep my hair moisturized
Hopefully, this will help ensure my hair not only grows longer but healthier and thicker.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Wow @Prettymetty do you order direct from the Kerastase website? Because I’m pretty sure they charge at least $6-10 more than standard online retailers!

Lovely packaging, I’m a sucker for all that!

More importantly though is it a good co wash?
Yes. I ordered from them. I know it's higher but I always get samples and freebies. It's worth it to me lol

And yes! The cowash is all that. Smell, texture, cleansing ability

faithVA

I ordered some Curl Ideal cleansing conditioner from Kerastase. It lasted over a year last time because I rarely cowashed then. Now I'm all about making my keratin treatments last, so I'll co cleanse every other wash.View attachment 429647
@Prettymetty, I had my hair done on the cruise ship and they used Kerastase products and I thought of you. They used the Resistance line, the shampoo, mask and some kind of liquid treatment which might only be available in the salon. I bought the shampoo and the mask, overpriced of course. I'm going to try them out to see how they work. I think I have heat damage though so not sure what kind of results I'm going to get. :ohwell:

I didn't know they had a cowash. I may have to try that.

LushLox

@Prettymetty, I had my hair done on the cruise ship and they used Kerastase products and I thought of you. They used the Resistance line, the shampoo, mask and some kind of liquid treatment which might only be available in the salon. I bought the shampoo and the mask, overpriced of course. I'm going to try them out to see how they work. I think I have heat damage though so not sure what kind of results I'm going to get. :ohwell:

I didn't know they had a cowash. I may have to try that.

Do you mean these? It's called Fusio Dose, you can find them outside of salons but it is expensive. It's good but not worth the money they're asking for imo.

faithVA

Do you mean these? It's called Fusio Dose, you can find them outside of salons but it is expensive. It's good but not worth the money they're asking for imo.
It worked great on my hair but my hair is extremely dry and low porosity. I may just go to a salon and get it done once or twice a year and get some pampering as well.

Thanks for letting me know they are available on line.

I also had a wash night @Prettymetty. I did hardly anything, washed with kerastase oleo relax, threw in APB moisturizing condish for 3 minutes, rinsed, put in Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat as my leavein, combed out, air dried. My relaxer was 2 weeks ago so still able to just do this and go, just braid or bun. Have been analyzing the cut, actually went to a stylist here for a consultation to find out how many layers I have and how much would I have to cut to get them all out. It’s at my shoulders and she said they were blended. So maybe not. I’m just going to focus on the side face framing layers. For some reason those tend to grow out quickly, but then stylists love to put them back in unless I remember to tell them not to trim them. Anyway I still find my ends choppy, I am so ready to grow back the cut—-but another lightbulb is that he may not have cut off 4 inches, maybe 2.5/3, which is why no one one else has noticed my cut. I think he may have told me that just so he could charge me for a cut rather than a trim. Seriously. But I’ll never know for sure.

Attachments

• 28736938-D111-4ABE-B691-C640DA824A77.jpeg
    28736938-D111-4ABE-B691-C640DA824A77.jpeg
    615.9 KB · Views: 68
Had a more legitimate wash. I washed last night with kerastase then put in Aphogee two step. Of course I fell asleep, so in the morning I had to rinse out the crackly nest on my head and i had to rinse many many times, followed by another round of kerastase shampoo. No matter, Hair felt strong. Followed up with apb moisturizing conditioner. Did 10 Minutes under the hooded dryer then headed out to Whole Foods with my conditioner, shower cap and a hat over it! Came home, rinsed, used design essentials avocado and almond detangler with water to detangle in the shower. then used soma leave in spray and a little oil. Blew dry and did a very mild flat iron. I am terrible at styling so my hair doesn’t look all that great, but still feels good! Just hating the cut again, I felt like with the blow dry and flat iron the angling that my stylist did stood out. The ends are layered with angles, ifthat makes sense, and I considering another trim to get rid of it. Only thing worse than shorter hair than I like is layered hair, which my fine, thin hair hates! Ok All for tonight.