Bsl/mbl 2018 Challenge!!

Evolving78

I think I will roller set, then flat iron my next wash. Using heat, I am able to blend my crown better. Even after all of that hair I cut, I am still APL. My hair has grown a lot in a short period, and I cut the progress off, but it was needed. As long as I am relaxed, I will never mess with Demi and Semi perm coloring and make sure I use relaxers in the right strength. All of that stuff will make your hair highly porous.

apple_natural

Thank you @faithVA I like the way you think lol. I'm staying!

*****My 2018 Routine*****​
Saturday prepoo with olive oil 15 minutes
(Cool and bun if its before wash time)
Saturday night Macademia shampoo
And/or acv rinse with tea
*henna mask quarterly
*henna gloss every one or two weeks
Macademia DC
Glycerin/rose/aloe juice spray
Shea Butter blend to seal
braid or flat twist overnight
Put in protective style Sunday morning
Straighten and dust ends twice a year
Wear satin bonnet at night

I'm pretty sure I won't need protein when I henna. However, I use mayonnaise, eggs, and olive oil for protein whenever I do a protein mask

View media item 129619

Last edited:

Soaring Eagle

Singin’ the praises of the baggy method
I am in!

Major Goal: To stop with the scissor happiness
Regimen:
Finger detangling as my only detangling method
Baggy method
Saturating hair with Shea Butter based product
Keeping hair in 11-13 braids (with my own hair)
Only dealing with ONE braid at a time on wash day/remoisturizing day
Hanging Bantu knot on ends once dried and set on My Curl Squad rollers

Adding protein in the form of a light reconstructor on wash days that Ayurvedic powders are not being used

Spraying xcel21 (or another light protein or balanced leave in) on the length of my hair underneath a really good moisturizer (like SCurl) to keep structure while bagging

Keeping crown and nape well moisturized and detangled

Length check as of 12/20/17:
Please ignore my baggied braids. LOL
Those 3 fingers on the right are at the top of my bra strap. I have about 3 inches (I think) to BSL.

ETA: I have been told that I am BSB/BSL based on this photo. However, I am in denial (LOL), I don’t intend on claiming it until June 2018.

Last edited:

Prettyeyes

I’m joining this challenge for DD since I’m focusing more on her hair this year! It’s more traffic on this forum vs. the children’s forum so don’t kick me out please.

I need suggestions for this regimen-
She’s a natural 4a/4b( I think)
She would be considered BSL(even though she doesn’t wear a bra yet lol) and the goal is MBL by the end of the year.

Regime:
Pre-poo- Silicon mix
Shampoo- KeraCare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo
DC- keraCare Humecto, coconut oil & silicon mix
Leave in- ???
Extras- sulfate on her scalp one a week
PS- ponytails, braids

I straighten her hair about 3 times a year for a trim. She loves twist out & braid outs so I let her wear her hair out for a couple days after wash day before I style with ponytails or braids.

I took these pics about 6 months ago. She had an old braid out in one pic and it straightened (before trim) in the other pic- same day.

View attachment 419269 View attachment 419271
Not saying you can't join here but I started a challenge in the childrens section and I will be posting often!

Evolving78

I gotta get my shedding under control. I might do a tea rinse, then shampoo my hair for my next wash. I wish I had some garlic shampoo on hand. I will get some garlic supplements next week. I didn’t lose much hair coming out my hair yesterday, but it is straightened. I know when my new growth starts to kick in, I shed and break more.

Update
I will use my DE peppermint and aloe shampoo to combat the shedding and itching.

Last edited:

Soaring Eagle

Singin’ the praises of the baggy method
I like the way you baggy your ends individually lol.
Thank you. I started off with 6 braids, now I have about 13 of them. I know there are much easier and faster ways of baggying, but I’ve been doing it this way since Dec. 2016, and it has become second nature. I love doing it this way. Makes it easy for me to baggy and still wear my wigs, too. I get crazy looks from my family memebers on a daily basis whenever one pokes out from under my scarf. It’s been an entire year of me doing this and their still not used to it. :lachen:

ClassyJSP

I'm in.

For 2018 I want to be full BSL grazing MBL and then I'll be at my goal. Right now I'm relaxed and grazing BSL (I'm in need of a trim). I plan on PS with wigs still but will give my hair a break in the summer months (I'm thinking braids). I'll wash/deep condition and rebraid every two weeks.

apple_natural

This week and next week, I will do my wash routine Friday to Saturday instead of Saturday to Sunday.

Washed
acv rinse and rose hip tea with hibiscus
mayonnaise conditioner
Shea mix

I realized that I was actually rough when I rinse out my conditioner. For one section, I was scrunching it and scratching my scalp. I lost a lot of hair (back left side). For the whole rest of my head, I was more conscious. I didn't lose many hairs. I didn't realize that I am rough at this part in my routine.

I put on my shea mix just now and I plan on putting these twists into a bun in the morning. . Well later when I have to pull myself out of bed

LushLox

I need to have a really good moisturising session tomorrow, I'll do a slightly longer pre poo. I'm going to clarify then DC under heat. I'll spray some follicle mist on my scalp, massage in then sit under dryer.

I'm going to use a rinse out and use the force of the water to detangle.

ThePromise

Count me in. My goal is MBL by the summer. I'm currently BSB. I use a clay wash and steam weekly. I wear my hair in a stretched wash n go style daily and I refresh it with an aloe Vera spritz daily.

My goal is to up the moisture in my hair and use a heavy moisturizer on my ends consistently.

Good luck ladies!

tashboog

I'm on Instagram
I'm in! My goal is to reach full BSL. I'll still be wigging it through late spring. I wash and DC weekly. My hair will continue to be in braids under my wig and I will moisturize them as needed.

I did a light flat iron yesterday so here is my starting pic

Attachments

• IMG_2102.JPG
    IMG_2102.JPG
    8.9 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

LushLox

I need to have a really good moisturising session tomorrow, I'll do a slightly longer pre poo. I'm going to clarify then DC under heat. I'll spray some follicle mist on my scalp, massage in then sit under dryer.

I'm going to use a rinse out and use the force of the water to detangle.

Did I do this? Did I hell! :look:

I'm going to have to just get up and the crack of dawn tomorrow morning and get it done because there isn't enough time now. I'll sit under the hood dryer to finish off. It's just as well my mum is cooking so I don't have to worry about all that.

SAPNK

I'll Join

I'm almost at or at apl. I big chopped like 4 years ago so that should tell you something about my retention. This is going to be a big jump for me goal wise. It's ecxiting.
I'm in the apl challenge because I'm still unsure about reaching that goal.

I'll include a wet hair picture just because I'm tired of the straight ones. Even though it probably isn't helpful. :)
upload_2017-12-26_9-42-23.png
My hair doesn't normally look like this. It was in a twist out and I just washed it with bentonite clay without detangling, separating, or anything, so it formed nap clumps :D. It would be cool if it dried like that.

Last edited: