Bsl/mbl 2018 Challenge!!

ilong

God's Own
I may do the Egg diet for a second week. I just realized it may contribute to faster growth. I've been eating protein like crazy. I only lost 1/2 lb, but I'll do it for my hair.

Eta It's too damn hot for wigs, so I'm back to rocking my hair. I'm washing rn and I will blow dry later.
@Prettymetty - did you do the egg diet again? Results?? Feedback? A friend of a friend claimed a 10lb loss over 2 weeks. I started today and hoping for similar results.

apple_natural

I've been good about moisturizing my hair for the past couple of months. I have a staple wig that I have been wearing for about 2 months and I plan to get another one although it's holding up very well. I flat iron it every so often and it's back in business.

I'm afraid of straightening my hair but it looks like at or near arm pit length. I will be in the bra strap length challenge every year until I make it!! ☺

Caramel74

Same here. I am definitely pulling out of all my length challenges due to a BC. It's not what I wanted to do but I was forced to because of a setback. I was planning to transition long term. I know what you feel. A BC can really be very traumatising, specially if it happens due to a setback.
It was a setback called the IUD and a toxic relationship w extra stress, never again! I owe myself n my kids the love back that somehow gets in the wrong hands. Lesson learned. This was my strands boar bristle brushed after air drying in a bun.

Attachments

• 20181118_131659.jpg
    20181118_131659.jpg
    338.6 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

apple_natural

Straightened to cut my ends...
Definitely sl- apl, which is fine.
I've been bagging for at least the past week.
Washed with half castile soap and half of my regular shampoo
Put on deep conditioner baggy and scarf
I'm not sure how long it was on... at least a few hours
Blow dried, flat ironed
Clipped ends with new shears

I didn't cut too much overall. There were a few spots that were struggling on the ends, such as down the center. I need to moisturize more often. I am still letting the ends dry out under wigs. I need to find my wig caps. Other than this, it looks fine.

Alma Petra

It was a setback called the IUD and a toxic relationship w extra stress, never again! I owe myself n my kids the love back that somehow gets in the wrong hands. Lesson learned. This was my strands boar bristle brushed after air drying in a bun.
It's definitely growing back nicely, isn't it?
My setback was caused by isotretinoin, the acne medication. Thank God the shedding has now stopped but it left my hair much thinner than it initially was.
I was briefly in a toxic relationship too but I just had to escape with my life. It's really so much stress, and undeserved/unwarranted distress, isn't it? I pulled out after 2 months. It's sad that I was serious too.

Caramel74

@Alma Petra

Hey hun sorry took me a bit to respond. It was just awful yes and my hair starting to just get thin and deteriorate. That's why I chopped it back off. My bangs were getting so thin my box braids didn't even look right no more. So this time I really stepped up and invested in the hooded dryer.

I basically waisted two years, one in wondering wth happened and a year putting my heart n life back to normal. I know it wasn't me. He is just a deranged loser I should have ran my bad but he came on so strong and it was just perfect for say... 3-4 months.

That's how psychos are then they drop the mask, lol. But yeah I'm working on so many areas of my life and I love life now. My kids are 20 & 13 so I really need to live what I preach to them. Its all great now

It's even more important as u get older BC our hair gets fragile. I died it jet black w semi permanent and my hair was so virgin it really never washed out. Don't think I will do that black again will stay as close as I can to my regular color.

Please take care sweetie and all, don't forget we are worth it!!
:grouphug3:

Last edited:

Soaring Eagle

Singin’ the praises of the baggy method
I decided to wear my hair out... for 2-3 months straight, that is. As a result, I have lost so much length and my hair is also noticeably thinner-- especially in the crown.

I did a mini length check last week and I am barely grazing bra strap length in the back versus being on my way to mid-back length as was the intention before I went rogue. I am going back to protective styling, baggying, finger detangling, sectioning and all the other things that I know work for me.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I bought a new keratin treatment from amazon. Keragen forte. I ordered it Thursday and it was on my doorstep Friday! I brought one of my coworkers an oz to try. She's white with 3a hair. It's a 16oz bottle, so I can do a treatment on my mom and daughter also. Probably a couple times. Hopefully I like it. The reviews say that fumes are horrible. Usually that's a good sign lol

Caramel74

I bought a new keratin treatment from amazon. Keragen forte. I ordered it Thursday and it was on my doorstep Friday! I brought one of my coworkers an oz to try. She's white with 3a hair. It's a 16oz bottle, so I can do a treatment on my mom and daughter also. Probably a couple times. Hopefully I like it. The reviews say that fumes are horrible. Usually that's a good sign lol
I looked up Keratin treatments. I think I would miss my curls BC they give me hair lol mine is so fine and it really sticks out when its straight. My gosh they charge n e where from 350 to 600 dollars at a salon!

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I looked up Keratin treatments. I think I would miss my curls BC they give me hair lol mine is so fine and it really sticks out when its straight. My gosh they charge n e where from 350 to 600 dollars at a salon!
Yes. They're pricy. But that's why I do it myself. The most I spent on a treatment was 75 and that lasted for 4 treatments. The 16oz should last at least 8. I plan on sharing it with friends though

Caramel74

@Prettymetty

That is very sweet of you to share too. If your hair responds well to it that's wonderful! It is something I would consider for DD, her hair is ridiculously thick!

As far as the subject of wash day, I know what u mean and it can b a lot of work w everything else n if u don't feel well or whatever it may be.

One time I treated myself to a new salon in my area. It cost $100 w tip but I also had my nails done that day.

Prayers up girl!
:rose::cloud9::rose::heart:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
@Prettymetty

That is very sweet of you to share too. If your hair responds well to it that's wonderful! It is something I would consider for DD, her hair is ridiculously thick!

As far as the subject of wash day, I know what u mean and it can b a lot of work w everything else n if u don't feel well or whatever it may be.

One time I treated myself to a new salon in my area. It cost $100 w tip but I also had my nails done that day.

Prayers up girl!
:rose::cloud9::rose::heart:
Thanks boo. Another washless night... I may get around to it Monday when I'm off. I haven't had an off day since Thanksgiving. I'm working all weekend too. Gotta get dis money tho. Santa Claus is coming to town. And I need him to bring me some stuff :rofl:

Alma Petra

@Alma Petra

Hey hun sorry took me a bit to respond. It was just awful yes and my hair starting to just get thin and deteriorate. That's why I chopped it back off. My bangs were getting so thin my box braids didn't even look right no more. So this time I really stepped up and invested in the hooded dryer.

I basically waisted two years, one in wondering wth happened and a year putting my heart n life back to normal. I know it wasn't me. He is just a deranged loser I should have ran my bad but he came on so strong and it was just perfect for say... 3-4 months.

That's how psychos are then they drop the mask, lol. But yeah I'm working on so many areas of my life and I love life now. My kids are 20 & 13 so I really need to live what I preach to them. Its all great now

It's even more important as u get older BC our hair gets fragile. I died it jet black w semi permanent and my hair was so virgin it really never washed out. Don't think I will do that black again will stay as close as I can to my regular color.

Please take care sweetie and all, don't forget we are worth it!!
:grouphug3:
Thank you dear for writing these sweet uplifting words! You are right we are worth it! I always tell myself: you absolutely do not deserve this so do not accept it. And this helps me move immediately on. Your children will derive so much happiness from yours and they will be very thankful for the new positivity you bring into y'all's lives.
BTW for me hair is a great de-stressor. I feel very peaceful when I work on my hair and give it the TLC it deserves. I am hopeful that 2019 will bring amazing things to both me and my hair.

Alma Petra

In fact I'm very conflicted about what challenge to join for 2019. If I were to measure my hair curly, my next step should be APL because my hair is now neck length. If I were to use the pull test I should either join the APL or the BSL challenge based on where my real APL is. Left or right arm? :laugh:

20181130_230015.jpg

On the front my bangs can be pulled to just below my lower lip, based on which I should join the neck length challenge :spinning::spinning:

faithVA

In fact I'm very conflicted about what challenge to join for 2019. If I were to measure my hair curly, my next step should be APL because my hair is now neck length. If I were to use the pull test I should either join the APL or the BSL challenge based on where my real APL is. Left or right arm? :laugh:

View attachment 438641

On the front my bangs can be pulled to just below my lower lip, based on which I should join the neck length challenge :spinning::spinning:
I would use your left arm as the true measure. And you re so far apl and knocking at bsl you might want to join the wl challenge and the bsl just for fun. You wont be in the bsl challenge for long.

Caramel74

Thank you dear for writing these sweet uplifting words! You are right we are worth it! I always tell myself: you absolutely do not deserve this so do not accept it. And this helps me move immediately on. Your children will derive so much happiness from yours and they will be very thankful for the new positivity you bring into y'all's lives.
BTW for me hair is a great de-stressor. I feel very peaceful when I work on my hair and give it the TLC it deserves. I am hopeful that 2019 will bring amazing things to both me and my hair.
Yes, truer words never spoken and thank YOU love. Maybe mean men, the devil, could separate women before but we are catching on and are coming up together in unity n love.

Caramel74

View attachment 438641

Oooh so healthy n gorgeous. Keep it going, it will grow

View attachment 438641

oooh so healthy n gorgeous, keep it going :2inlove: sorry about the repeat I'm so tired n my tablet is being wacky....

Caramel74

Thanks boo. Another washless night... I may get around to it Monday when I'm off. I haven't had an off day since Thanksgiving. I'm working all weekend too. Gotta get dis money tho. Santa Claus is coming to town. And I need him to bring me some stuff :rofl:
Anytime boo boo, I'm so thankful for you lovely ladies xoxo

Alma Petra

I would use your left arm as the true measure. And you re so far apl and knocking at bsl you might want to join the wl challenge and the bsl just for fun. You wont be in the bsl challenge for long.
Thank you very much Faith for taking the time to help me with this and for the encouraging prediction! I will join the BSL challenge for 2019 then. I tried to roughly measure and my longest layers are about 5 inches from BSL. My hair grows about 5 inches per year barring any significant breakage or cutting so hopefully I'll be there by the end of the year if I take perfect care of my hair and avoid experimenting too much with new products and techniques.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
@Prettymetty

How do u feel about 2019? You're such a great admin, are u planning on it and/or would u like/could use some help with it?
Hey boo! Thanks so much. I will need someone else to host 2019. I'll be working on getting my healthy ends back and maintaining. I'm not on the grow again until further notice. I'm slightly past bsl after trimming twice in 2 months. My hair is pretty uneven too I'll do one more trim before the year ends and post an update.

Thanks y'all for growing with me again. This has definitely been a challenge. Keeping hair on my head is work! :lachen: