Bsl/mbl 2018 Challenge!!

LushLox

@Prettymetty I know you’re a big Kerastase fan like myself. I bought a new(ish) leave in from them, Crème Magistral. It is gorgeous, lovely texture, nice smell and most importantly it hydrates beautifully. It’s quite rich though so I have to go lightly with it. Which is good, at least it will last as the tub is small!

Their products can be a bit hit and miss for me but this is a definite winner!

curlykimmy

So far so good in nighttime care consistency (my main issue). I've been moisturizing and sealing at night as needed. I've also retwisted every night since my last shampoo on Friday (just 2 - 4 twists).

Evolving78

@Prettymetty I know you’re a big Kerastase fan like myself. I bought a new(ish) leave in from them, Crème Magistral. It is gorgeous, lovely texture, nice smell and most importantly it hydrates beautifully. It’s quite rich though so I have to go lightly with it. Which is good, at least it will last as the tub is small!

It sounds lovely! Interesting...lol

gemruby41

I have this and love it!

JJamiah

I washed my hair yesterday with my Wen Pomegrante. I will have to get another gallon this summer. I didn't DC this time but I blew dry it out and just braided it off to the side. I added some diamond drop oil I got free with that trim gadget I bought. Ladies, It feel sooo soft.

I am about to get a surgery soon. I think all I will do for prepping it is cleansing it, treat it with DRC 28, and deep condition for an hour and then blow it out and braid it, cap it and wig it for 3 weeks until I can go out and get it washed by the salon and roller set. :/

Evolving78

I think I found my answer to air drying my hair.
CON Argan Oil leave-in Spray
Keracare leave-in cream (gold small bottle)
Fantasia iC serum (pink)

I applied these in each of the four sections and detangled. I didn’t lose much hair either.

I tension dried a bit on cool.

My hair is 80% dry, so I applied MC growth oil to my scalp, then applied Kemi oyl to my ends, twisted and clipped up my hair, then I put my scarf on.

I cowashed and dc’ed using Design Essentials.

I will shampoo my hair on Sunday.
Sundays and Weds will be my wash days.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse

I think I've used a sample of Magistral and I liked it. Very heavy and hydrating. Their products are concentrated, so a quarter really is enough for my whole head.

Evolving78

I just cut my hair back to the top of APL. I cowashed and dc’ed my hair and it felt like my ends were robbing my hair of moisture, so I just started cutting.
I applied WGO to my scalp, then applied some more kemi oyl to my ends.
I woke up with hair that wasn’t bone dry! Like I could maybe go a day without moisturizing, but I won’t do it! Lol
I have an inch of new growth, so I’m not concerned with the length.

Ladies if your ends are catching on to things, catching shed hairs, you use all of these products and techniques, you have a hard time combing/detangling, and your hair is still dry? Go ahead and get a nice trim! A dusting just won’t do!

@LushLox
@Prettymetty
That mask/conditioner sounds lovely! I thought about ordering the big tub of Keracare Humecto, or just not being anything and mixing, using what I have. I think I will see how my conditioners/masques work again since I cut my hair, before I buy something else.

Saga

The Generous Queen
Starting pic is in the siggy.

I have cornrows underneath a lace frontal for the next 2 months. I spritz the cornrows, ad cantu leave in, and then seal with CP growth oil. Then weekly I wash the cornrows as well as the wig. I put ACV directly on my scalp to keep the dandruff at bay, then wash it out with some liquid African Black Soap. I deep condition the braids, wash it out, turbie twisty, Moisturize and seal, then air dry.

JJamiah

@JJamiah
Good luck on your surgery and hope you have a speedy recovery!
Good plan for your hair! The last time had surgery I braided my hair up too! I kept them in for a month.

Thank you so much. I am nervous but I have to put my big girl panties on (not really, I am still nervous with them on) LOL I laugh for the sake of not crying.

Awesome. Yes, I think leaving it in for a month won't hurt it too bad in a protective style. Get it done at the halfway or 4 week mark and have it put up again for another 4 weeks. So I can heal without worrying about my hair.

Evolving78

Thank you so much. I am nervous but I have to put my big girl panties on (not really, I am still nervous with them on) LOL I laugh for the sake of not crying.

Awesome. Yes, I think leaving it in for a month won't hurt it too bad in a protective style. Get it done at the halfway or 4 week mark and have it put up again for another 4 weeks. So I can heal without worrying about my hair.
Get a satin pillow case too! Hugs! You will be fine! You are strong!

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
I'm in. Right before Christmas I cut my hair from bsl to apl so that my hair was all one length. Currently wearing a bunch of two strand twists that were professionally done so I don't want to take one out right now to do a starting pic. I have a hair appointment next Saturday and will take one then.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint

Good lick sis! Praying all goes well!

IslandMummy

*peeking in*

I’m going to tentatively join y’all.

Natural SL on the front and sides, APL in the back. Hoping to get to APL/BSL

Attachments

• E5F97CC3-A9E6-4EF3-9818-F3776C0DC8EA.jpeg
    E5F97CC3-A9E6-4EF3-9818-F3776C0DC8EA.jpeg
    425.5 KB · Views: 49
  • 1A9F3734-04ED-4551-B013-4C4CCB1838B3.jpeg
    1A9F3734-04ED-4551-B013-4C4CCB1838B3.jpeg
    543.9 KB · Views: 50
  • B8A36F2A-43DF-4081-A496-775DB4516FE0.jpeg
    B8A36F2A-43DF-4081-A496-775DB4516FE0.jpeg
    560.6 KB · Views: 46

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Moisturized and sealed my twists with AVJ/water/glycerine and shea butter mix. Hair feels nice and soft but strong. I've been back taking my vitamins from Mane Choice. Need to get back with my daily protein shakes.

I did this again. I slathered on the shea butter mix and put my hair into 8 large twists. I will pin these up underneath my wig and not touch it again until wash day. I want to see if these 8 twists stay decently moisturized for the week.