Bsl/mbl 2018 Challenge!!

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Was planning on washing my hair this weekend, but didn't get a chance to. Applied my AVJ/glycerine/water mix and some APB Cupuacu Avocado moisturizer, then sealed with APB Hair & Body Butter in Pumpkin Marshmallow to get me by until I'm able to wash. I love how soft my hair is feeling, but I definitely wanna make sure I get my protein treatment in.

GGsKin

Last night, I decided to pre-poo with some Elasticizer on my ends, massage HOT w/ ayurvedic oil on scalp and ends, topped with Shea butter. I planned to wash my hair so oiled quite heavily.

Instead, after removing some sheds, I styled (the same) smoothing with Shea butter, and baggied my ends. This morning I fashioned a bun by sectioning in two and pinning. I will wash it tonight.

My hair feels so soft right now but it's also the oiliest/greasiest it's been in an age...I hope I don't regret this while I'm out and at work today. The Shea-bug got me :spinning:.

Saga

The Generous Queen
So I clarified my hair last night, dced with aussie moist and used lotta body setting lotion and CP tea as my leave ins. I did a curlformer set overnight, then flatironed this morning. It kills me to see how long my hair is in the back compared to the front! It has always naturally grown in a layered mullet shape, but it can be a bit frustrating when it comes to hitting this milestone. I am trying to wait until I reach WL or beyond before I cut it all even to the same length. I'll probably cut it into a subtle U shape then.

Any who my hair is styled in a bun for work with the front rolled up so that there's no tension on my edges. The only thing I want to try and figure out is how to style my hair for workouts in order to prevent the inevitable poof that will occur from wearing it straight. I'm thinking of either doing mini twists, loose twists that are braided up at the scalp, or some other kind of up do.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Predetangled and am currently prepooing with Shea Moisture High Porosity Moisture-seal Masque. Will finish wash-and-style day tomorrow, Lord willing.

My shrunken puff had very few tangles. Previous product applied was Jakeala Shea Amla Parfait over HairVeda Red Tea Heavy Cream. Twists were installed, banded, and dried under HairFlair (attachment to handheld dryer).

GGsKin

Tonight I shampood with Giovanni Tea Tree, DC with APB PMM, and used a clay mix with some added kalpi tone, and hibiscus and SAA (left on for 1hr). Shedding wasn't bad for almost two weeks (and that's with me combing). I still have a little breakage.

After rinsing, I applied APB Creamy Hair Pudding and followed with my Shea butter mix, all topped with diluted KCCC. Restyled and tied for bed.

Evolving78

I washed my hair today and use Mizani products to wash and deep condition

I used DE products to detangle/leave-in

WGO mixed with tea tee and peppermint on my scalp

I decided I’m going to transition to natural. I would like to be a straight haired natural.

I used Soft and Beautiful conditioner to prepoo with. That masque is wonderful! I believe this will help me especially when my new growth gets out of order.

I don’t have much hair to wear wet sets, so that’s out of the question. I don’t wanna wear wigs either.

I plan on using the DE STS soon. I guess when I hit 8-10 weeks post relaxer.

The only thing is that system will probably last 4-6 weeks with me, since I will have to at least wash my hair once a week.

I will build up my hair and hydrate my new growth all I can.

Ashna

This rollerset wasn't my best, but it still gave me fluffy, stretched hair. I'm at this weird 'no man's land ' length (that is probably not even accurate lol). I have it in some lazy twists (with the roots braided). Moisturizing with Hawaiian silky 14in1 and a scented oil from perfect blends
20180115_224436_crop_326x521-130x208.jpg

apple_natural

I seriously need to wash my hair my scalp feels itchy and gross.

This was me from at least Tuesday to today.

I put an aphogee 2 step on. Well I only used the first part. I put on Megatek after that and dc under the dryer for about 10 minutes. I rinsed it out and it was ok. I still saw broken strands

I realised I tossed my old blow dryer which was a good thing. I went to get another one tonight. I blew it all out using chi keratin treatment and macadamia oil spray. I pressed the edge is the front left and my bangs then I got tired lol.

I cut the ends of bad strands in the front section. I recently cut on it, but I still feel knots. I had quite a bit of knots and a few splits. I will try to be as patient with my whole head as I straighten in sections. I don't think I lost too much length. It is going to be thinner than it should be, but I hope it fills in again. It did hurt my eyes, though, to concentrate on 1-3 strands of hair at a time.

I'm thinking of straightening my hair once a month.

LushLox

I put an aphogee 2 step on. Well I only used the first part. I put on Megatek after that and dc under the dryer for about 10 minutes. I rinsed it out and it was ok. I still saw broken strands

I realised I tossed my old blow dryer which was a good thing. I went to get another one tonight. I blew it all out using chi keratin treatment and macadamia oil spray. I pressed the edge is the front left and my bangs then I got tired lol.

I cut the ends of bad strands in the front section. I recently cut on it, but I still feel knots. I had quite a bit of knots and a few splits. I will try to be as patient with my whole head as I straighten in sections. I don't think I lost too much length. It is going to be thinner than it should be, but I hope it fills in again. It did hurt my eyes, though, to concentrate on 1-3 strands of hair at a time.

Do you not use a moisture rich DC after using aphogee, as Megatek is another protein?

ClassyJSP

Glad i'm not the only one.

Do you normally only do one step of the aphogee 2 step protein treatment? I was thinking about doing the same and straightening my hair atleast once a month but that's normally a process that takes a while.

CoilyArielBrowe

I don't have much to report. I was supposed to get marley's last week but the snow delayed that. I'm waiting to reschedule. Hopefully, it will be soon because I'm starting to feel hair lazy. Until then I just left my hair in braids. I'm trying to learn how to cornrow so I tried so cornrows in the front and just pulled the of the rest braids into a low ponytail. Hopefully, I'll get better.

Saga

The Generous Queen
I used the LCO with water, leave in conditioner, and my shea butter mixture. Then I proceeded to African-thread my hair. I have only ever done this style once, but my hair has not looked this shiny in a long time! I hope doing the African threading helps me retain moisture without having to reapply product daily, because I don't want to manipulate my hair everyday.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I have been wearing my hair in chunky twists slathered with Shea Moisture hipo mask for days and days. I've been wearing my long straight wig on top. This was a godsend while we were under the weather.

All I had to do was spray my hair with water, and it was easy to detangle (I love that SM hipo mask). Every 4 weeks I do a full detangle, and this was that week. I used my fingers to unfurl and elongate, then the Magic Star Jumbo Rake, followed by the KareCo Tangle Buster Brush, the wider side of my Kent 16t seamless comb, and finally the narrow side of that comb. (Please see photo for amount of shed hair.)

I washed out the SM hipo mask with Malibu C Hard Water Shampoo. I applied an ends serum to my ends, Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier (my "Scurl") to my length, and Jakeala Shea Amla Parfait to my length and ends. I installed twists and banded them. Currently air drying. The whipped shea butter allowed me to brush through my hair (it had been a very long while). I had VERY little hair in the brush. :yep:.

Banded twists (photo enlarges upon click):
WP_20180128_021.jpg

WP_20180128_005.jpg

ClassyJSP

Last night during my wash I noticed my hair is growing longer it seems to be responding well to being left alone. Last night I washed with shea moisture JBCO shampoo and conditioner and then air dried in an old PINK t-shirt. After that I applied Shea Moisture edge treatment gel to my hairline and nape (to protect them both from my wig cap) and then did two French braids. Start to finish my whole routine is roughly 20 mins.