Bsl/mbl 2018 Challenge!!

pikkonoloidlee

Today my hair was straightened and I got a bit more of a trim than I would have liked. Overall I've had good growth since the last time my hair was straightened. If I manage to retain this year I'm hoping I'll be able to hit bsl by December. We'll see. :drunk:

Eta: these are both from today. I just laid down and messed up the style before taking the first one.​

Attachments

• IMG_20180223_125119127.jpg
    IMG_20180223_125119127.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_7203.jpg
    IMG_7203.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

Saga

The Generous Queen
I am pleased to announce that I am FINALLY BSL!!!!!!! :toocool::dance7::gorgeous:

I don't have any pictures I can post because I'm still not on land yet, but in my siggy you can see that I was just a little bit above BSL back in December when I took the photo.

So I measured my hair and it ended up being 12 inches this month, which is about an inch of growth since my 11inches in december. I usually only grow 1/4 in a month but I cannot be certain what sped my growth up.

So just out of curiosity I decided to stretch my hair today after I co-washed and sure enough, it finally hit my bra strap! Unfortunately my hair grows in layers so only the nape is bra strap and not my entire head, the rest is APL. I'll be more excited once my crown reaches bra strep.

Anywhos, I just wanted to share and hopefully this means I can reach MBL by the end of this year and achieve WL this time next year.

Soaring Eagle

Singin’ the praises of the baggy method
I am pleased to announce that I am FINALLY BSL!!!!!!! :toocool::dance7::gorgeous:

I don't have any pictures I can post because I'm still not on land yet, but in my siggy you can see that I was just a little bit above BSL back in December when I took the photo.

So I measured my hair and it ended up being 12 inches this month, which is about an inch of growth since my 11inches in december. I usually only grow 1/4 in a month but I cannot be certain what sped my growth up.

So just out of curiosity I decided to stretch my hair today after I co-washed and sure enough, it finally hit my bra strap! Unfortunately my hair grows in layers so only the nape is bra strap and not my entire head, the rest is APL. I'll be more excited once my crown reaches bra strep.

Anywhos, I just wanted to share and hopefully this means I can reach MBL by the end of this year and achieve WL this time next year.
Yayyyy, Congrats!

Soaring Eagle

Singin’ the praises of the baggy method
Finished up a bottle of Manetabolism hair vitamins. Starting my next bottle tomorrow.
This post made me miss the vitamin thread that was around last year.

On that note, I have enough vitamins to last me a good while. Granted, I haven’t been as consistent with them as I would like. I’ve been on one bottle of Mantebolism plus for almost 2 months.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I banded my hair from the current Bronner Brothers gel wash and go into 7 strategically placed sections. Then in the morning I unbanded a section, tension blow dried the section, and did this until every section was done. I should have done it before my shower, because the shower steam shrank it a little.

But . . . you guys!!!!!!! I am in looooooooooove with my hair! I literally almost teared up when I realized "Wow! I love my hair!!!":lachen: I'm so serious (it's been a long hair journey with a lot of effort and expense).

Here are pictures:

https://blossomingfitnatural.files.wordpress.com/2018/03/img_20180305_075413.jpg

https://blossomingfitnatural.files.wordpress.com/2018/03/img_20180305_081511.jpg

https://blossomingfitnatural.files.wordpress.com/2018/03/img_20180305_071127.jpg

https://blossomingfitnatural.files.wordpress.com/2018/03/img_20180305_081301.jpg

CoilyArielBrowe

Yesterday I took out my Marley twists. They lasted for six weeks which was better than I hoped for. My hair was soft for the most part except for my ends. I’ve been growing out bad heat damage for the last year so the softness was encouraging. I trimmed the worst feeling ends and am hopeful that the worst of the damage will be gone by the end of the year !

I’m currently prepoo with SSI Curl Moist and will wash today and put in two strand twists for the week

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My scalp is itchy and irritated. I may have to switch shampoos. I've been using Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship shampoo and conditioner.

I washed my hair 6 days ago. My scalp is used to being washed every 3-4 days. But my busy schedule is making that nearly impossible.

ClassyJSP

My scalp is itchy and irritated. I may have to switch shampoos. I've been using Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship shampoo and conditioner.

I washed my hair 6 days ago. My scalp is used to being washed every 3-4 days. But my busy schedule is making that nearly impossible.

Ugh I miss the LTR leave in they used to sell years ago.

ClassyJSP

Some of the braids I like at the moment

( i like the size of these)

smwrigh3

Finally went to a salon for a professional trim including a DC treatment, blowout and flatiron. I’ll do this again in May then Sep & Dec. I’ve received so may compliments and it’s nice to see my shine, length and to flip my bouncy hair :grin: Au’ Natural for life:kiss3:

View attachment 423887 View attachment 423889

Your hair is so beautiful. I am getting my hair done tomorrow and I hope its looks like this!

MizzBFly

Your hair is so beautiful. I am getting my hair done tomorrow and I hope its looks like this!
Thanks :oops:, flexi rods or soft rollers wil keep it bouncy and straightish amid humidity... use only a lite amount of Argan oil every few days. I maintained this for a month :eek:
this pic is from today I tried a braid out which was a fail but the perm rods on the ends saved my style :laugh: this is my last week straight 20B4CEC7-AA7A-4C0F-B974-74E973E0E503.jpeg861D7A48-D9BA-45BE-97E2-B50C046E2CD9.jpeg