Bubble Hair/Incomplete Split Hair/Mid-shaft Splits/Trichorrhexis nodosa

UPDATE #FAIL:
I stopped doing the Komaza hair analysis and stopped using her services. It is really cool to see close up what is happening to my hair. And my hair did improve, but... I still have ear-length hair. There is still no length retention at all, despite my hair strands improving.

I have honestly tried everything. And I give up. I'm going to get hair line tattoos for my edges until I can afford a hair transplant for my edges.

And as for the whole of my hair, I now go monthly to Heutiful Salon that just opened in my town. They deep condition my hair, then put it in corn-rows. I co-wash the cornrows with trader joe's conditioner + ACV. I've only been doing it for a month thus far, but will continue until further notice. Its getting hot down here so I am going to start doing braid styles or something and just take them down on a monthly basis (expensive, I know, but any longer than a month and my hair breaks).

I had a lot of hope, but I'm tired. I don't want to touch my hair for another year. Will update in a few months. :)

curlicarib

Lovin'' All of Me
This damn near had me bald. Thanks to the Komaza Hair analysis, I caught it in time and saved my scalp from permanent damage.

OP, I noticed that you were using sulfate free shampoos and still cowashing. I will say that you NEED to use shampoos with sulfates to properly clean you scalp and remove build-up. Also, co-washing is NOT for everyone, especially if your hair is prone to build-up. One thing that helped me tremendously was pH testing all of my products. Products with a pH above 7.0 (neutral) will cause your cuticles to open/raise. Products with a pH below 7.0 will cause your cuticles to close/lay down. So...............shampoos and conditions can be above 7.0. Leave-ins, moisturizers, finishers should be below 7.0, this will lock in moisture and leave your hair smoother and less prone to breakage.

I know you've been at this a long time and want to give up, but try the few things I suggested. I can't promise it will work for you, but I KNOW this saved my hair.

Good luck.

My story here: https://www.longhaircareforum.com/t...sis-service-rave.626329/page-43#post-19243059

Please don't give up @kwicherbichen ! I'm working now, but how often are you clarifying your scalp of build up? Follicular build up can keep you hair from growing. How often do you dust/trim? You have to dust/trim every 3-4 months to retain length.

Last edited:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
@kwicherbichen I don't know your entire story (because I haven't read through this thread) but I had awesome luck with Komaza. I'm sorry your experience hasn't gone quite as good. If you search my user name, you'll see I had major hair issues in the earlier days but things are a million times better now. What part of the regimen do you feel you're struggling with?