Bubble Hair/Incomplete Split Hair/Mid-shaft Splits/Trichorrhexis nodosa

julzinha

I had a question in your first remarks you mentioned that they told you that you over moisturised your hair? Kindly elaborate?

I think you have to do what works for you, I do not advise extension braids.

As I said, I shaved last May and now I am very surprised at how much length I have retained. By the end of summer, I will be out of the TWA phase. I have done my TWA's with extensions and without extensions in the past, and I can tell you my hair thrived the best with no extensions you can better gauge breakage and shedding issues much better.

Best,
Almond Eyes

I agree, at least not for the next six months until you hair and scalp get back on track. Then at that point if you do decide to get braids, remember bigger is better and to create a solid braid regimen.

I agree with AlmondEyes, braid extensions don't work for everyone. My experience is opposite hers. My hair thrives in braid extensions, but mainly because I give my scalp TLC and drench my hair in moisture/protein.

ManeStreet

I recommend Keracare Sulphate free hydrating detangling shampoo.

And the keracare sulphate free first lather shampoo. Wash with 1st with the first lather shampoo then with the hydrating shampoo.

Follow with Joico kpak deep penetrating reconstructor Then deep condition. I use adagir moisture masque which has keratin protein in it as my deep conditioner.

I know that people sometimes want to only use all natural juice, berries, muds, clays, sticks, spices and such on their hair but sometimes your hair needs products formulated specifically for the needs of hair.

Last edited:

almond eyes

I agree, at least not for the next six months until you hair and scalp get back on track. Then at that point if you do decide to get braids, remember bigger is better and to create a solid braid regimen.

I agree with AlmondEyes, braid extensions don't work for everyone. My experience is opposite hers. My hair thrives in braid extensions, but mainly because I give my scalp TLC and drench my hair in moisture/protein.

True. And believe you me, I loved my extension braids!!!!!!!!!!!!But I had to give them up. My hair is too fine and porous.

Best,
Almond Eyes

julzinha

Great tips, thankyou. I already use trader joe's conditioner. I will go ahead and use their shampoo, as well. And your other suggestions, as well.

almond eyes
Over-moisturized, as Jenn explained it on the phone, is when my cuticles are not laying flat against each other. Instead, there is water or bubbles in-between the cuticles. Its like my hair is full of water pushing my cuticles open, rather than being closed shut, which is healthy.

Also, almond eyes -- She explained that there is a portion of my hair that is very fine while the rest of my hair is actually THICK. I have to ask, did you ever experience balding or thinning? Jenn told me that for the areas that are thin, they need optimum follicle health (by keeping it clean and well nourished)

ManeStreet -- I am going to sally's tomorrow

almond eyes

almond eyes If I could ask what your braid regimen was? I'm always looking for way to improve.

That's why I don't do extension braids anymore. I realized that it was not helping put my hair health no matter how well I took care of my hair. Plus the over manipulation with the braiding process was not good for my hair.

Best,
Almond Eyes

almond eyes

julzinha

Great tips, thankyou. I already use trader joe's conditioner. I will go ahead and use their shampoo, as well. And your other suggestions, as well.

almond eyes
Over-moisturized, as Jenn explained it on the phone, is when my cuticles are not laying flat against each other. Instead, there is water or bubbles in-between the cuticles. Its like my hair is full of water pushing my cuticles open, rather than being closed shut, which is healthy.

Also, almond eyes -- She explained that there is a portion of my hair that is very fine while the rest of my hair is actually THICK. I have to ask, did you ever experience balding or thinning? Jenn told me that for the areas that are thin, they need optimum follicle health (by keeping it clean and well nourished)

ManeStreet -- I am going to sally's tomorrow

How did she say that your hair got to be over moisturised?

Best,
Almond Eyes

julzinha

I would love to get a hair analysis. I think the information saves so many people trial and error. Maybe in 6 months after I've been able to be more consistent about my hair.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Op, as bad as it sounds this is repairable with frequent trims off the bad stuff. As in no permanent damage meaning straight balding. Even looking at the pictures before your more detailed explanation I could see that you had buildup and need to clarify more.

As a 4c head, I also had to get used to the idea that soft mushy hair, though it feels good to the hands, is reeeaaaallly bad for the strand and scalp, causing breakage and low density (heavy shedding for me).

In a few months guaranteed your hair will have a turnaround. Its a setback but not catastrophic. :bighug:

Last edited:

mshoneyfly

My hair is fine and highly porous too. I have seen some pretty good improvement since using frequent protein (keratin) and frequent trimming. My ends look so much better now. Wearing wigs and scalp massages with castor oil has allowed my hair and edges to thicken up some. I like to seal with castor oil too

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Adiatasha

I have splits as well and lots of single strand knots. I've been moisturizing with KCNT and sealing with shea butter. I've been cutting the splits where I see them.

I ordered the analysis last week cause I need to know what's going on. I'm tired of being APL

GGsKin

I have splits as well and lots of single strand knots. I've been moisturizing with KCNT and sealing with shea butter. I've been cutting the splits where I see them.

I ordered the analysis last week cause I need to know what's going on. I'm tired of being APL

I will be interested to know what they say about your hair:yep:

almond eyes

From my reading all of the Komaza posts over and over again and using Komaza products, i have learnt that protein is very important to hair health and elasticity and that food products as a protein treatment is not good enough. I also learnt not to go overboard with the protein treatments either. And that a good leave in is critical as well as shampooing the scalp more often than once a month. Once the ends are split and damaged trims are the only way to give way to healthier strands.

Best,
Almond Eyes

frizzy

I just finished ridding my hair of all splits and SSKs. It took me 3 days to do. I did a session of search and destroy for a few splits I had and the many SSKs on Tuesday and Wednesday, and followed that with a trim on Thursday. I had a few splits and a whole lot of SSKs.

My plan going forward is to blow dry on warm/cool and do braidouts or twistouts from there. If I decide to wear my hair naturally curly, I will keep it oiled using HOTs to see if that will prevent SSKs from coming back.

Hopefully this new trim and my newly adopted methods will keep my crown from knotting up and me pulling through it with a comb snapping the hair and it not growing out to its full potential. Oh yea, I'm gonna give the crown area more protein to see how it responds.

ForestRose

This is me. I have this horrific hair disease.
Right now all I'm doing is letting my hair grow out. If I was strong enough I would cut it but for now I'm okay. Luckily my issues are at the ends and middle of the shaft, not the roots (good sign). Its also been growing really well which I can tell coz I bleached a section.

Been supplementing too. Gonna crochet it up within the next two days and gonna start moisturing my scalp with a gentle stimulating oil.

Adiatasha

Is komaza supposed to send you something to gather the hair? It's almost been a week and I've received nothing in the mail

Update & notes~

1. I went away on a trip and used the information she gave me. But I checked my account today and saw she actually UPDATED MY FILE with EVEN MORE SPECIFIC INFORMATION. How to wash, how long to leave everything in (including the shampoo), supplement recommendations, etc. I'm so impressed and didn't know that she'd do this.

2. I caved and used bentonite clay in my coconut oil pre-poo. Big mistake. I realize now that my hair is very sensitive to pH. The clay has a higher pH than skin and hair. Thusly, damage. I had cut almost all of my split ends, broken cuticles, and mid-shaft splits out. After using clay, I felt some in my hair. Searched (using fingers to feel for damage as my hair is short now) and destroyed to see my nightmare is returning! Luckily, it was not that many hairs that were affected (to my knowledge...) but I will not be using any clays, baking sodas, or any other high pH items in my hair from now on! Like ManeStreet said, juices and berries are not always the best. Natural doesn't mean harmless.

3. My hair has not been dried out. I am using Komaza products for now and my own leave-in recipe (aloe vera + trader joe's conditioner + coconut oil = inexpensive, gentle, long-lasting, effective). I finally have hope! I'm so excited. After I perfect this regimen, I will update again with my results.

4. I HAVE to stretch my hair. No way else around it otherwise I get knots. I do it on slightly damp hair instead of wet hair now.

5. I no longer dretch oil on my scalp. If my goal is to keep my scalp clean, oiling it up will do nothing but do my damage. I bought a roller that thinly applies my growth aid. Like... VERY VERY thinly applies it. I'm so not used to being not-heavy-handed. LOL

Adiatasha
You need to follow the directions. Put the hair in a ziplock bag and mail to them. Also fill out your information on the website. It will take up to 2 weeks. I e-mailed her to let her know I was traveling out of the country and requested she expedite my analysis. Which she graciously did :)

frizzy
I also have a troublesome crown. I highly recommend you STOP using the comb. Almost a year ago, I let go of the comb after I saw that combing my hair actually made my crown GO BALD!!!!! Use your fingers and trim often. It WILL grow. Even my crown grew longer than I had ever seen it.

mshoneyfly
So glad to hear that! More motivation. Protein is something I did not incorporate before.

DarkJoy
Aw thankyou so much. I really feel like it will!!!

xxlalaxx
I am actually going to do the same. I need a style that is cheap and easy to take down so I can wash and put protein in my hair every 2 weeks.

gemruby41
You need to create a new account and on the form that says REFERRAL CODE, you need to put this code: eINM92 (which says I referred you). Then after you push the enter button, all items you purchase on your first order will be 5% off!

alex114

Hello,
I know I'm pretty late, but I am an avid braid fan. But I noticed one thing-- you didn't talk about your regimen in braids, that I saw. I have never had any of the problems above, and I have kept my braids in for up to 2.5 months. First I grease my scalp (with Sulfur 8) 2-3 times per month, just to keep my scalp supple and loved lol. I spritz my hair with a braid spray or other moisturizing spray (like Oyin Juices and Berries, but it's kind of expensive so not AS often) 1-2 times a day, at least. And I deep condition 1-2 times a month, most of the time without washing the DC out because I use organic products that are good for leaving in.
(I refer to it as a DC because I use heat for 30 minutes to an hour).
I basically do the same things as when my hair is left out. I just look at braids as a great way to keep my hair in a consistent and cute style, while saving that styling time, and avoiding other annoying upkeep, like detangling (which can also be traumatizing for both me and my hair if I was doing a lot of wash and go's lol)
I also have really dense 4C hair that has medium porosity, for some context.

But yeah, I'm glad your Komaza analysis was helpful for you, (their products are to die for toooo, i loved the Califia moisturizing spray while i was transitioning) :D

ForestRose

My hair has been crocheted for nearly two weeks. Love the style. It gets better everyday but I'll probably start recurling the hair this weekend.
I alsol miss touching my hair lol. Oh well. I know that if I keep this style up in a few months I will have more hair to touch whenI take it out. I'm hoping all the damages hair grows out soon though and that I can finally stop trimming.

So far my regimen is oiling my scalp with rosemary oil to keep it clean.

UPDATE
  1. I started taking L-cysteine, a whole food hair supplement, and a vitamin D oil supplement. I might start taking Maxi-hair instead of the whole food supplement next month.
  2. I definitely put more focus on the health of my SCALP than ever before. Is it clean, is it supple, is it tender or itchy?
  3. Pleased to report that when I wash my hair, a fraction of the hair that used to fall out is in my hands. To note, 7 months ago, it felt like a head's worth of hair would fall out (and then I got a bald spot). 2 months ago, it felt like half that, but still a lot -- I'd rinse and rinse and hair would still come out. Last night, I rinsed and rinsed and after about the 3rd rinse, no more hair fell out.
  4. So far, the regimen that was provided makes my hair feel great up until about mid-week (a day to three days later) where I re-moisturize using diluted trader joe conditioner. Last night, I did something different. I washed my hair with shampoo, applied conditioner and did not wash out the conditioner. Massaged scalp with oil to seal and went to bed. Woke up with my hair and scalp feeling great
  5. PROBLEM: Its getting to be summer which means I started sweating at night. When sweat is on my scalp for prolonged period of time (like several hours in the night), my scalp develops a rash. So, yeah, I cannot do "green house effect" (kind of pointless, anyway). I called Komaza for some advice and she recommends cleansing my scalp with diluted ACV before bed as often as needed.
  6. PROBLEM: I was examining my hair last night and noticed that I have split ends again, despite following the regimen. I called Komaza for some advice and she recommends trimming with the sharpest possible scissors. The hair scissors I bought at CVS is not sharp enough. If hair is not cut with the sharpest tool possible, cutting hair will result in split ends. Get sharper scissors (or sharpen my scissors) and follow immediately with a protein treatment to seal the new cut ends. edit: also, she told me to consider that there are still damaged parts of the hair near the ends of my hair that have been damaged before I started the regimen. Eventually, they will be cut off. I would say she's right as there are still hairs that have the bubbble split in them. I found a hair today that had the bubble split and then it TURNED INTO a huge split end (as it split up the shaft toward the end). Happy to note that I do not see any more bubbles further than an inch down my shaft.
Man, I really wish this girl would start a youtube channel or something. She's so anti-natural-hair-fads. She doesn't like any of the treatments, methods, techniques that make up 80% of this forum. Techniques I've been following for years with no success. We'll see how it goes following her advice and regimen. Will update in another week or two w/ length check, as well.

REPLIES:
@alex114 I think something people need to keep in mind is that hair is just like the rest of our bodies. Just because someone is on a vegan diet and thrives doesn't mean someone else will. Everyone is different. Its the same for hair. Just because something works for your hair doesn't mean it works for all hair. I will say that I did everything you did and then some. :(

@xxlalaxx Can you tell me more about your crotchet experience? My greatest concern is that it will behave like a sew-in which really tears up my hair. Tell me about your experience with sew-ins and how does it feel to get them installed? Any trouble shooting experiences (like a strand of hair unties or your hair gets unbraided...)? There is a style I really want to do, but I felt like "then might as well do a sew-in???" Like, do a crotchet braids vs. sew-in thing! Would help me a ton!!

Last edited:

almond eyes

UPDATE
  1. I started taking L-cysteine, a whole food hair supplement, and a vitamin D oil supplement. I might start taking Maxi-hair instead of the whole food supplement next month.
  2. I definitely put more focus on the health of my SCALP than ever before. Is it clean, is it supple, is it tender or itchy?
  3. Pleased to report that when I wash my hair, a fraction of the hair that used to fall out is in my hands. To note, 7 months ago, it felt like a head's worth of hair would fall out (and then I got a bald spot). 2 months ago, it felt like half that, but still a lot -- I'd rinse and rinse and hair would still come out. Last night, I rinsed and rinsed and after about the 3rd rinse, no more hair fell out.
  4. So far, the regimen that was provided makes my hair feel great up until about mid-week (a day to three days later) where I re-moisturize using diluted trader joe conditioner. Last night, I did something different. I washed my hair with shampoo, applied conditioner and did not wash out the conditioner. Massaged scalp with oil to seal and went to bed. Woke up with my hair and scalp feeling great
  5. PROBLEM: Its getting to be summer which means I started sweating at night. When sweat is on my scalp for prolonged period of time (like several hours in the night), my scalp develops a rash. So, yeah, I cannot do "green house effect" (kind of pointless, anyway). I called Komaza for some advice and she recommends cleansing my scalp with diluted ACV before bed as often as needed.
  6. PROBLEM: I was examining my hair last night and noticed that I have split ends again, despite following the regimen. I called Komaza for some advice and she recommends trimming with the sharpest possible scissors. The hair scissors I bought at CVS is not sharp enough. If hair is not cut with the sharpest tool possible, cutting hair will result in split ends. Get sharper scissors (or sharpen my scissors) and follow immediately with a protein treatment to seal the new cut ends. edit: also, she told me to consider that there are still damaged parts of the hair near the ends of my hair that have been damaged before I started the regimen. Eventually, they will be cut off. I would say she's right as there are still hairs that have the bubbble split in them. I found a hair today that had the bubble split and then it TURNED INTO a huge split end (as it split up the shaft toward the end). Happy to note that I do not see any more bubbles further than an inch down my shaft.
Man, I really wish this girl would start a youtube channel or something. She's so anti-natural-hair-fads. She doesn't like any of the treatments, methods, techniques that make up 80% of this forum. Techniques I've been following for years with no success. We'll see how it goes following her advice and regimen. Will update in another week or two w/ length check, as well.

REPLIES:
@alex114 I think something people need to keep in mind is that hair is just like the rest of our bodies. Just because someone is on a vegan diet and thrives doesn't mean someone else will. Everyone is different. Its the same for hair. Just because something works for your hair doesn't mean it works for all hair. I will say that I did everything you did and then some. :(

@xxlalaxx Can you tell me more about your crotchet experience? My greatest concern is that it will behave like a sew-in which really tears up my hair. Tell me about your experience with sew-ins and how does it feel to get them installed? Any trouble shooting experiences (like a strand of hair unties or your hair gets unbraided...)? There is a style I really want to do, but I felt like "then might as well do a sew-in???" Like, do a crotchet braids vs. sew-in thing! Would help me a ton!!

Thanks so much for sharing your struggles. For me, to be honest I have had a complete turn around in my hair in the past four weeks. I caught my hair issue immediately before I would have to do major cutting.

I was doing water only rinsing which is very good to moisturize the hair but my problem was that I got lazy about shampooing my hair, using protein treatments to combat the moisture from all that water, combing my hair and not washing in sections. Water only is a great moisturizer but if you get lazy about the protein especially if you have fine hair you are asking for limp hair and breakage.

I have switched up things a lot. My hair is fine and porous.

I started to take a kelp supplement for iodine but I don't take it daily I take it three times a week. Iodine isn't good if you have a thyroid problem or HBP. I also drink a ton of water which I was doing already and I have been doing daily yoga since January. I don't do these things to grow hair it is part of a regiment to stay healthy and reduce stress. Many women can be deficient in iodine which can lead to
hair problems.

I shampoo my hair weekly but before I put that shampoo on my hair, I use trader joe's tea tree tingle conditioner to finger comb my hair and then I take the trader joe tea tingle shampoo and begin to scrub my hair in sections and then go under the shower and scrub a bit and rinse out the conditioner and shampoo. Then Deep Condition. I was very anti finger combing but Virtuenow was a big inspiration and I realize that when your strands are in good shape you can do a finger comb with the right technique and slipping products and it helps with clumping and better curl definition. I realise that a clean scalp is critical to remove all of the gunk and build up.

I stopped using that heat therapy cap, it was too hot and it made the front of my hair just a tiny section thin a bit. So, I just put on a plastic cap and put a head scarf on top and voila.

I use elastic ouchless goody bands to wash, condition, DC and any protein treatments. I never wash my hair loose. If I do my fine curls will wrap around themselves and get tangled. The ouchless bands do not break my hair because my strands are strong since I started to use protein treatments. The ouchless bands work especially if you hair is between 3 to 6 inches but I use this for washing only. So in the shower, I will take down a ouches band wash it out and put it back in so that when I am ready to oil my hair everything is in neat sections.

My hair is always in sections for bed and my hair is always stretched. When I am going out I do a stretched afro as my hair has already been stretched in big twists from the night before. I have to tuck in my twists because they will unravel as my hair is between 4 to 5 inches now.

The key for me is the following, I realize that while my hair likes the occasional protein treatments (it loves Aubrey's GPB), it doesn't not like protein for my leave ins and most products in the markets have proteins. For me glycerin and aloe doesn't work at all. But surprisingly what works for me is a spray bottle with warm water and then using olive oil along my shaft and ends. I love Komaza but my hair doesn't like aloe as a leave in it makes it crunchy. I think that the DC's and Protein treatments are actually more important that the leave ins but many of the company's want women to buy their products.

Good luck.

Best,
Almond Eyes

@AlmondEyes so happy your hair is turning around! :bouncy:I have to agree, I am starting to think (chemically created, not kitchen food items) protein treatment cannot be excluded from a proper hair regimen for problem hair. And proper cleansing of the scalp is very important.

Komaza did not recommend I use a cap or heat or anything for my treatments, so I don't do that anymore. In fact, I need to sell my hair steamer and just get it off my hands! The most I do now is warm up oil or conditioner in the microwave.

The part of my hair that is very fine is still too short to hold with bands, but maybe I will start flat twisting that section when I wash. I do notice that they curl on themselves and I gently untangle them. Perhaps now it is so short that I do not recognize it as a problem.

When my hair was a bit longer, I did what you do for bed. Hair always stretched. Anything less diligent than that resulted in knots and tangles. At the moment, I have to flat twist my hair. Takes so much time :cry3:

Thanks for the recommendation of protein treatment. I'm using Komaza's protein right now, but have heard so many great things about Aubrey's GPB. And if its working for your fine hair, I feel confident it will work great for me.

I don't know how I feel about DCs, honestly. I've never been impressed. The stunt I pulled the other day of leaving my conditioner in (the conditioner is free of irritated ingredients so my scalp felt fine leaving it in) + oil made my hair feel as nice as any DC ever had. PLUS its long lasting because you don't wash it out. So I'm not sold. I'm 100% sold on protein, though. And I'm using Komaza's leave in and hair serum right now. No, doesn't make my hair feel super amazing, but I think they do their job.

Interesting how some people LOVE certain ingredients and some people's hair is like BLEH. Coconut oil, glycerin, hydrolyzed protein, aloe vera -- one woman's god send is another's pain. lol!

almond eyes

@AlmondEyes so happy your hair is turning around! :bouncy:I have to agree, I am starting to think (chemically created, not kitchen food items) protein treatment cannot be excluded from a proper hair regimen for problem hair. And proper cleansing of the scalp is very important.

Komaza did not recommend I use a cap or heat or anything for my treatments, so I don't do that anymore. In fact, I need to sell my hair steamer and just get it off my hands! The most I do now is warm up oil or conditioner in the microwave.

The part of my hair that is very fine is still too short to hold with bands, but maybe I will start flat twisting that section when I wash. I do notice that they curl on themselves and I gently untangle them. Perhaps now it is so short that I do not recognize it as a problem.

When my hair was a bit longer, I did what you do for bed. Hair always stretched. Anything less diligent than that resulted in knots and tangles. At the moment, I have to flat twist my hair. Takes so much time :cry3:

Thanks for the recommendation of protein treatment. I'm using Komaza's protein right now, but have heard so many great things about Aubrey's GPB. And if its working for your fine hair, I feel confident it will work great for me.

I don't know how I feel about DCs, honestly. I've never been impressed. The stunt I pulled the other day of leaving my conditioner in (the conditioner is free of irritated ingredients so my scalp felt fine leaving it in) + oil made my hair feel as nice as any DC ever had. PLUS its long lasting because you don't wash it out. So I'm not sold. I'm 100% sold on protein, though. And I'm using Komaza's leave in and hair serum right now. No, doesn't make my hair feel super amazing, but I think they do their job.

Interesting how some people LOVE certain ingredients and some people's hair is like BLEH. Coconut oil, glycerin, hydrolyzed protein, aloe vera -- one woman's god send is another's pain. lol!

I think for a stronger or medium protein treatment it is best to let it air dry like Komaza instructs or use a light blow dryer. But for light treatments you can use a plastic cap. The thing is don't over do it with the protein either because that can cause very dry hair.

Protein is critical to hair health. I was so ignorant of that but now I am completely sold. But yes as you said some women can tolerate aloe, glycerin and the like and others cannot. It is finding what works for you and we all cannot have the same hair journey. At the same time, I don't skimp on my DC either because I can get a quick protein over load. I do my DC's at least two times a week. Some women can do the Aubrey GPB as their DC and I love the product too. But I can only do it once a month to keep the strands nice and strong.

But once your hair gets about three inches it will be good to wash in bands or hair clips. But of course take them down and put them back in to wash all the stuff out and then when you are getting ready to twist or flat twist you can remove the bands. I found that getting my hair into a protective style was critical once I hit the three inch mark but I did flat twists but now I am in twists but they have to be tucked it for them to hold their shape.

Best,
Almond Eyes

alex114

@kwicherbichen I definitely feel you on that. There are certain things I've seen cousins do to their hair that I know would TEAR my hair up, but they're fine, if stagnant in growth. For me, I jumped on the coconut oil and Aphogee trains like there was no tomorrow, only to suffer deep protein overload, and thus discover that my hair is protein sensitive and only likes a small amount of silk proteins from my leave ins on a regular basis.
And coconut oil sets my scalp on fire. That's been really frustrating for me actually, because coconut oil is so many naturals' holy grail oil. In terms of protein, I loooveee Aubrey Organics GPB. It's a nice medium protein treatment for me. I don't think you could go wrong with that one.

ForestRose

UPDATE

REPLIES:

Hey. Finally getting round to replying. I have mnever had a sew-in before ut if you ask on the crochet thread then maybe they could help with that. The brais were great though. They weren't tight and I loved the style. I took them out this week because they weren't curling properly anymore. I think it was down to the way I was twisting it around the rod and seperating them. I will be doing them again within the next few weeks though.

My hair is retaining length surpisingly! I've had around an inch (at the back) since Jan. I suspect my crown has retained more. After I took the crochet braids out the breakage/shedding was actually okay. I think I have a chance of reaching my goal if I keep protective styling. Also my nails are growing pretty long recently which is another amazing sign that my hair is probably on the mends. I have 2 inches to APL so I'm hoping I'll reach it and next year I'll be able to start with healthy hair.

Stay positive and I'm sure you will get through. Definitely consider a protective style. If you do go for a sew-in(or chrochet braids) then just do the tracks loose. You will have to redo them more regular but I will be worth it.

Theresamonet

Op, I'm glad you got the Komaza hair analysis, and I hope things turn around for you. My piece of advice would have been to start using actual hair products and not food items and clay. :lol: I see you're starting to do that. :up:

ForestRose

Exercising and eating heslthy to increase my hair growth. I'm thinking about cutting a few inches of my hair in september.

Do you guys think that there should be a support thread for us ladies trying to bounce back from hair breakage or hair diseases?