Bun: You wash, bun, silk scarf, but what happens...

It~Can~Grow

when you wake the next morning? I've seen several posts that say you apply gel, moisturizer and scarf that night, but if I'm to moisturize my hair the next morning, how?

Do I take the bun down and moisturize and rebun or do I just add a moisture spray and seal the ends WHILE the bun/pony remains?

I just wondered because I washed my hair, scarf and went to walmart to look for hair stuff :wallbash: I know...I know anyway, when I came back and hour later, I took the scarf off so I could add the big roller and bam...

I got waves already :grin: anyway, enough of my silliness, I began to think "what do I do with this in the morning"??

What's the secret, bun-ers?

Last edited:
I would take down the bun. I rebun often and rinse with water in the shower and remoisturize. I do this to prevent product build-up on my hair. Also, stuff doesn't work too well if you already have product on your hair anyway. I would suggest doing a rinse and rebunning in the morning. If its cold, then do it at night, I wouldn't recommend doing it and catching a cold or something.

I dont think its any harm in rebunning the hair as long as its treated gently....

when you wake the next morning? I've seen several posts that say you apply gel, moisturizer and scarf that night, but if I'm to moisturize my hair the next morning, how? I moisturize and seal my hair before wet ponying or using the scarf method (at night). In the morning, I apply moisturizer to the base of the ponytail and the end of it and then I tuck bun it.

Do I take the bun down and moisturize and rebun or do I just add a moisture spray and seal the ends WHILE the bun/pony remains? You can do it either way. I just depends on how you hair reacts. If you have to pony at night to lay your hair down and you know that taking the bun down in the morning moisturizing and rebuning will cause fly aways then I wouldn't do it.

I just wondered because I washed my hair, scarf and went to walmart to look for hair stuff :wallbash: I know...I know anyway, when I came back and hour later, I took the scarf off so I could add the big roller and bam...

I got waves already :grin: anyway, enough of my silliness, I began to think "what do I do with this in the morning"??

What's the secret, bun-ers?

I co-wash my hair every other night. This helps with retaining moisture levels for me. The key to wet bunning is being gentle with you hair and keeping it moisturized.

I usually will take it down too, moisturize/seal ends, and rebun/retwist in a pseudo french-type roll or huge puffy kind of bun, adorn with accessories and go! When I take the scarf down in the morning, my hair is laying very flat but sometimes it's really wavy particularly if I have a lot of NG. So finger combing it a bit usually makes it look a bit better to me.

I love doing my hair like this... Soooo easy! :yep:

Oh and I use Hello Hydration for my co-wash. I added SAA and Castor Oil to the bottle as well, so the results are awesome and my hair is thickening up nicely too!

Back