Bunning 24 hrs-----is it ok?

Ok, I've tried to find a bunning thread but couldn't find anything, I know a lot of ladies bun 99% of the time.........so 99% means----do u sleep in your buns, I mean do you ladies wear you hair bunned all day, every day, all night, every night until your next wash day......see I've been shedding a lot, and the only reason why I do my hair is to apply growth aids, but since I'm not going to use growth aids anymore, I was thinking about bunning all the time and sleeping in my buns, my buns are not tight, but I wanted you ladies testimony or your advice......Thanks in advice....oh yea if there is a thread, the url would be appreciated........:yep:

asummertyme

I bun 24/7 but i dont use an elastic..i just make a cinnamon bun twist..tuck and pic with a good day hair pin or a regular hair pin..thats it.its actually loose with no tension at all..
I sleep with usually 2 buns inmy hair..one on each sind in the back..
I think its a great idea and i retain sooooo much of my growth this way..I just take down the bun once a day just to moisturize..but not comb...and pin right back up..

Last edited:

LeadingLady

I've bunned for 24 hours without any problems. You just have to make sure the bun isn't too tight. I use two silk scrunchies to hold the bun in place.

soulie

Yup, I only take my hair down to CW or add my MT. Afterwards, it goes back up. If I'm not doing a bun "style" I will finger roll my hair under and secure with a large hair pin. When it dries it has really nice waves that I can then make into a fancier bun.

supermodelsonya

At night, i make sure the buns are ultra loose. I tie up with a silk scarf and I don't experience problems. I take the buns down to moisturize and apply growth aides and place right back into a bun.

*Frisky*

I wear my neatly done bun during the day and at night I loosen it and may wear a satin bonnet or scarf to sleep in if I dont have a satin pillow case on. I have read where some people just leave the bun in as is all day and night for a few days at a time with a scarf at night but that is not something I would do.

Luscious Locks

I bun 24/7 but i dont use an elastic..i just make a cinnamon bun twist..tuck and pic with a good day hair pin or a regular hair pin..thats it.its actually loose with no tension at all..
I think its a great idea and i retain sooooo much of my growth this way..I just take down the bun once a day just to moisturize..but not comb...and pin right back up..

Yup, I only take my hair down to CW or add my MT. Afterwards, it goes back up. If I'm not doing a bun "style" I will finger roll my hair under and secure with a large hair pin. When it dries it has really nice waves that I can then make into a fancier bun.

Seriously, guys, I've never even thought of switching up my bun style till now. I knew that I should consider it, but i didn't know how else to make a bun. I tie my hair with a hair tie, pull my hair through and loop it. so the ends are pinned down/suffocated by the elastic strap!!!! YIKES:blush:

Thanks ladies, last night was my first time sleeping with my bun, I was lazy and had a bad night, so I was tired and didn't feel like doing my hair, but all I did today was add some hair butter and tied it down with a silk scarf until I go to class today, it was so simple and easy, no combing no nothing, I might just moisturize and bun up again tonight and try this for a while to see how much growth I get..........thanks again!!!

asummertyme

Seriously, guys, I've never even thought of switching up my bun style till now. I knew that I should consider it, but i didn't know how else to make a bun. I tie my hair with a hair tie, pull my hair through and loop it. so the ends are pinned down/suffocated by the elastic strap!!!! YIKES:blush:
Aww naw girly...i used to do that too but that makes for crunchy ends..at least it did for me..

Whimsy

Good thread. I recently decided to be a bunaholic, and this week have been loosening the bun, moisturizing the length of my hair and then putting it in a braid to sleep (in a scarf) I'll try just a loose bun instead of the braid and see how that goes.

Hey SlantedEyez, there was a great thread about a girl that was able to retain 8 inches by bunning over the course of a year. She actually made her bun in the shower while her hair was still wet. Here's the link. http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=109466

Thanks Ms. Sheba, I've been looking for that and I couldn't find it, I think I'm going to try that for a while especially during the summer......Thanks again......

simplyhair

I do the same thing.

MissNina

Libra Girl
I do. I've kept it in up to a week at a time with no problem. I always wear half wigs over it during the day. In fact, I've kept it in a little over a week today. . .out of laziness :look: But I'm gonna take it down tonight to moisturize and put it right back up until Sat (wash day).