Bunning Bunning Bunning !!!!!

Aidenberry03

Okay, so I have started bunning consistantly and I need to know if I am doing it right. I have seen many fotki's where the person buns and they have had great results. I hate wearing my hair down anyway, so I figured this would be a good idea. So let me share what I am doing, if you think that somewhere in my regimen I may be doing more harm than good...then speak up !!!

prepoo-queen helene cholesterol
shampoo-whatever i want
rinse out conditioner-whatever i want
leave in-dove sheer moisture mist
moisturizer-bb oil moisturizer
seal w/ amla lite

okay here is the nitty gritty. I comb my hair in the shower and once when i get ready to bun. I twist the hair (while wet) all the way to the ends, then I tuck the ends under. Voila a bun. A wet bun. I put scarf and bonnet on then go....I do this every nite.:perplexed

Sorry so long

amwcah

Good question loreal99! I wonder about my technique as well. I hate that my baggying leaves my pony tail crinkled.

KiniKakes

Sounds fine to me! :) Just a couple of things I personally do differently. When I wash in the shower, I dont comb out to detangle. I allow the water to naturally detangle/smooth my hair, then i form the bun without combing at all. I only comb once per week, and i think I retain more hair this way.

Also, if you decide that you want to wash your hair frequently (ie, several days during the week) you may want to think about con-washing on some days instead of using shampoo each time. Your hair will still be getting the moisture, but less risk of drying it out with all the shampoo.

Good luck on the bunning!!!!!! Cant wait to see ure progress in a few months. :D

Last edited:

KiniKakes

loreal99 said:
Thanks Kini...I love your fotki.

One more question...What do you use to hold your buns? I use bobby pins.

I use bobbi pins too! Hair pins are better, but i always lose those and end up resorting to my bobbi pins, which i have tons of scattered around the house, lol.

Thanks girl!!!!!!

RabiaElaine

KiniKakes said:
Sounds fine to me! :) Just a couple of things I personally do differently. When I wash in the shower, I dont comb out to detangle. I allow the water to naturally detangle/smooth my hair, then i form the bun without combing at all. I only comb once per week, and i think I retain more hair this way.

Also, if you decide that you want to wash your hair frequently (ie, several days during the week) you may want to think about con-washing on some days instead of using shampoo each time. Your hair will still be getting the moisture, but less risk of drying it out with all the shampoo.

Good luck on the bunning!!!!!! Cant wait to see ure progress in a few months. :D

How do you moisturize your hair while in a bun for the whole week? Do you take out the bun and moisturize with your hands without combing thru the hair and then rebun? How do you sleep with your hair at night.

Lady Esquire

I do something similar to KiniKakes from weeks 1 through 6.

Once the new growth starts to get bushy, I rollerset from weeks 6 thru 12, and then I bun with my normal moisturizers, and wear a baggy a few days later.

My scarf is one of the most essential tools to a nice bun. I am on week 12 right now and I had originally intended on relaxing this week but some things came up that stalled my plans. But my trusting products, co-washes, and scarf always keep me looking presentable.

CAPlush

I bun the way you do, just twist and pin down. Sometimes I use a clip, duck bill, or bobby pin. I've been doing this for the past 3 months and I haven't needed a trim yet. I think you are doing it right, if you are having problems with snarly, frizzy ends just add more of your sealing oil.