Burt Bee's Pre Shampoo

jainygirl

I have a twa and i've used it and really like it. I no 'poo so i apply the treatment first then rinse and continue with my regular no 'poo routine. The smell is great and i think the fattiness of the avocado helped to trap in moisture. Overall it's pretty good. -- jainygirl

KAddy

Here's a review I did on another board after I used it:

Burt Bee's Avocado Butter Hair Treatment with Nettles and Rosemary

OK, So last night (10/12/04) I was thinking about doing a conditioner wash and remembered that with my Burt Bees sample pack I had this Avocado Butter Hair Treatment (a .4 oz tube). SO, I said, let me use this stuff and see what it is about. Now this is a pre-poo treatment as the instructions read: While in shower, wet hair completely and massage or comb one tablespoon of Burt Bee's Avocado Butter into your hair [you know I used more] and work through to the ends. Leave the butter in place while you shower (longer if you have time). Shampoo as usual. Use daily or as needed.

So I wet my hair and put some on. First, it smelled delicious. Second it felt great. So after I finished my shower I rinsed it out and my hair felt sooooooooo soft.
I didn't shampoo my hair because well I didn't feel like it and I figured this is kind of like a conditioner wash. It was great. My hair, especially my roots at 7 or 8 weeks post relaxer, never feels this soft.

Here are the ingredients: Vegetable glycerin, olive oil, oat protein, avocado oil, orange oil, lanolin, sweet almond oil, water, vitamin E, nettle extract, rosemary extract, fragrance.

In case you didn't know Burt Bee's is a company where products are all (or almost all) natural. This product and most of the others is 99.25% natural.

I give this product:

miracle

I love to use this product mixed with EVOO. Alone, the Burt's Bees really didn't put any extra moisture into my hair, but mixing it with EVOO gives me great results.:)

Victorian

old head
I got some of this in a gift pack for my birthday back in october. I LOVE this stuff! For some reason my hair (especially the natural parts) really responds to it. I use it before every shampoo. My hair always feels "restored" when I use it, if that makes any sense. I blow dry my hair every week so that may be why it seems to make more of a difference in my hair. So maybe it is particularly beneficial for those with dry hair or that use heat fairly often.

Last weekend I used it overnight, as suggested in the little pamphlet in my gift pack, and my hair was uber soft when I rinsed it out.
I give it 2 thumbs up :up: :up: It's the only pretreatment I'm using right now.

Tene

I used to use it and I loved it, it kept my hair soft and moisturized. I need to get some more cause this weather is drying out my hair.

miracle

PhonyBaloney500 said:
Do you still follow the 'poo with conditioner? :)

I still follow my shampoo with conditioner when I use the Burt's Bees Pre-Poo. And I apply the Burt's Bees to damp hair, but I do know that some prefer to use it on dry hair.

carameldiva

i use this product every other shampoo and my hair loves it. I'm natural and i think it smells good and is very moisturizing as well.

Tracy

I don't love it. I used it for a long while, but I found it hard to apply. The consistency is more like old school VO5 hairdressing and it comes in the same kind of tube. Because of the consistency, I often needed to use more than I liked, because it was very hard to spread.

I like the after effects, but for me it wasn't worth the trouble. I prefer a preshampoo of one part any kind of conditioner, and 2 parts EVOO....

I find it spreads better and leaves my hair just as soft and shiny...