Bye EllePixie :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

reeko43

I just learned from another forum that EllePixie will no longer be blogging or posting YouTube videos. I love her videos and blog; and, her hair is incredible. I will certainly miss her and I wish she would reconsider. Because of messiness she has encountered, I can understand her throwing in the towel. I will say that I loved how she kept it real here and in her reviews.

pookaloo83

What messiness. What happened?

Aireen

Messiness? Do share.

I really like EllePixie too, her videos are awesome and straight to the point, you can count on her for an honest and informative review. Plus, she was so friendly on LHCF, I'll miss her vids.

reeko43

Is it against the rules to refer to another forum thread? I don't want to summarize inaccurately what is going on as it is somewhat confusing to me. However, EllePixie gives her side of the story there.

Dposh167

why is she leaving?
She was like one of the few girls on YT who KNOWS how to do an actual review of a product. Like a real review without all that other bullcrap.

Dposh167

Is it against the rules to refer to another forum thread? I don't want to summarize inaccurately what is going on as it is somewhat confusing to me. However, EllePixie gives her side of the story there.

so what do you know? u can just say what u do know....or what is the base of the reason?

reeko43

Ok I see the forum rules state you can't post a link. Story is at CurlyNikki forums, general section, "DenimPixi Not Returning?"

reeko43

There was some issue about a woman claiming Elle admitted to reading from scripts, and doing other shady stuff to get paid for her reviews. However, she said the real reason is that she just doesn't have the time to devote to her blog/videos anymore

MissMusic

reeko43, I saw on her blog that she decided to stop blogging, but I didn't know why. Thanks for pointing me in the direction of information. So sad to see her go, but I understand why.

greenandchic

I was looking for the QFTPC Facebook page and its completely deleted - then I read her blog. I cant imagine how much time it takes to run a blog, post and moderate a FB page (it was VERY active) and post YT videos and have a life, so I can understand why she's giving it up.

Nefertiti0906

I found the thread on Curli Nikki. Basically blogging was becoming time consuming and she wanted to take a break. There was no scandal related to her decision to stop blogging.

She will be missed. She was one of my favorite vloggers.

LivingInPeace

I will miss her! She has been one of my favorite bloggers for the two years of my journey into natural hair. She gave great product reviews with lots of detail and she knows hair. And her hair is fabulous!

Ogoma

Based on the heading, I thought she had died or something. I am glad to hear she is alive and well. There has always been turn over in the youtube world; it is not surprising to hear people get bored or burnt out. Best of luck to her.

mscurly

The title of the thread made it seemed like she died or something. Like someone else said glad she's ok wouldnt wish bad things on anyone.

That being said, I could really care less if she never comes back. I didn't care for her in any capacity.

Frankly I've been over the natural hair blogs/vlogs long time ago. Its just the same ol ish over and over. How many butter creams/ hair fluff, whipped foolishness and 3 day old twists outs can you talk about.

I say Goodbye!

Keshieshimmer

Um well good luck to her. Maybe I am insensitive or something, but can't you just do a review a month? But I guess if you are tired you are tired. She may miss that extra income, she was a youtube partner right?

suns4i6e

The title of the thread made it seemed like she died or something. Like someone else said glad she's ok wouldnt wish bad things on anyone.

That being said, I could really care less if she never comes back. I didn't care for her in any capacity.

Frankly I've been over the natural hair blogs/vlogs long time ago. Its just the same ol ish over and over. How many butter creams/ hair fluff, whipped foolishness and 3 day old twists outs can you talk about.

I say Goodbye!

I'm sorry but this was funny!! I know I suck and it's mean but I adore your honesty. :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Ogoma

This thread has reminded me to clean up my subscriptions on youtube. I am subscribed to everyone and their mama and I don't watch any of the videos :lol:. I am now down to the five people I actually watch as I am more into styling than products these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.