C-COW-C: a fusion wash method

ubavka123

I just stumbled upon this thread and just in the nick of time. I had been trying to do co-washes again, but the itchies and coated hair reminded me why I gave them up. I even did a co-wash on my DD and she was scratching her poor little scalp.

After reading this thread, I took my Kenra MS and MC out and mixed them up as per the instructions in this thread and I am loving the results. My hair is so soft--zero breakage, light and fluffy. And best of all for this texlaxed head--no tangles! :) I am definitely going to incorporate this into my regimen and my DD's as well. Better late than never. :)

Best of all, I was hating my Kenra products since moving abroad (stopped working like they used to) and this gives me a chance to use up my stash!

PinkPebbles

I'm going to try this...

Question - for the first step...do you ladies put the conditioner on dry hair (let it sit on for a few minutes) and than rinse out OR do you wet your hair and scalp and than put the conditioner on and let it sit for a few minutes?

What is best?

ubavka123

I just did the cow-c part, not the c-cow-c. That would have been too much for me. I got great results just rinsing the hair, applying the conditioner/poo mixture, rinsing that, then applying conditioner. I let that sit while I showered, then rinsed it out. I didn't do a DC with this. I would like to use regular poo when I DC. I like this as a co-wash alternative.

SohoHair

This is exactly what I do to my hair except the first C is a mix of cheapie conditioner, honey, amla oil, other oils, etc. I apply it to dry hair and use a thermal cap for about an hour, then I rinse and shampoo with a water/v05 Conditioner/shampoo mix. Then I deep condtion for 35 min w/ heat, rinse and rollerset. My hair is so happy this method, it's a keeper!:grin:

baglady215

I forgot all about this (after saying I would never use shampoo alone again... :lol: ) I think I'm going to start this back up again in my attempt to bring some moisture back. Thanks for bumping!!!

Cleve_gryl

I'm going to try this as an alternative to my co-wash...which leaves my scalp kind of itchy and my hair feels too full of buildup :look:

PinkPebbles

I tried the C-COW-C Wednesday night and my hair loved this method! I noticed a lot of shine, moisture, and softness in my hair...my coworkers even noticed a difference.

I will incorporate this method into my regimen.

Thanks Cinnabun!

sugaplum

Star Shooter
WOW ladies these are some great responses. I just got my Indian shipment of oils today. I will do a pre-poo treatment with the VO5 Passion Fruit w/ honey and the alma oil. :)

Cleve_gryl

I've been using this fusion method for my midweek wash, and all I can say is WOW :eek: . This is great and my hair loves it.

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
I am only discovering this method now, but I am doing a version of this already. I use a conditioner before I wash, a conditioning cleanser to cleanse and a separate conditioner to rinse out or deep condition.

I would say that my hair is the softest and most moisturized when I use this method :yep:.

Jace032000

I am only discovering this method now, but I am doing a version of this already. I use a conditioner before I wash, a conditioning cleanser to cleanse and a separate conditioner to rinse out or deep condition.

I would say that my hair is the softest and most moisturized when I use this method :yep:.

DoDo -- I've been cowashing but never this….might have to give it a try! Thanks for reviving this oldie but goldie thread!

sugaplum

Star Shooter
Np. :grin: i have noticed that with this method i use waaaay less shampoo. Plus shampoo can be so drying for my scalp...no matter if its sulfate-free or not. i tried the baking soda route but me no likey. :nono: Now adding a little baking soda to my CO wash is the business. :yep: i use Bob's Red Mil Baking Soda and its aluminum free.

DoDo -- I've been cowashing but never this….might have to give it a try! Thanks for reviving this oldie but goldie thread!

sugaplum

Star Shooter
Auburn i know what you mean :yep: i did this on my twa and it worked however, i just did the wash making my own mix of 2 tbs. shampoo and 3 tbs. conditioner in my 24oz empty ketchup bottle with water. Just poured this over the head and done. :)

Subscribing!
I cant do this on my hair yet. :sad:
Its too short.