C-COW-C: a fusion wash method

baglady215

I tried this with my wash tonight.

I prepooed with GPB on dry hair.
Rinsed and washed with mix of Suave Humectant Poo (Therappe knock off), Suave BioBasics Conditioner, and 8 oz. of water
Rinsed and conditioned with Herbal Essences Replenshing Conditioner

My hair has never felt so soft after shampooing! Tons of slip too! My hair hated the BioBasics, and the Humectant poo it liked but it was a bit drying. This COW method is a great idea! I will never use poo alone again!

Cinnabuns

baglady215 said:

Rinsed and washed with mix of Suave Humectant Poo (Therappe knock off), Suave BioBasics Conditioner, and 8 oz. of water

My hair has never felt so soft after shampooing! Tons of slip too! My hair hated the BioBasics, and the Humectant poo it liked but it was a bit drying. This COW method is a great idea! I will never use poo alone again!

Oh great :weird: I'm so glad that this worked out for you baglady215.

I'm gonna do mine again tonight with some Elucence (something I got as a sample from my buddy ;))!

sugaplum

Star Shooter
baglady215 said:

This is same way I feel. :weird:

NewlyNature12

This is such a good idea! I tried it with my huge bottle of Mane 'N Tail shampoo that's just been sitting in my cabinet and mixed it with Suave Strawberries n' Cream conditioner. I got amazing slip! Thanks Cinnabuns :)

Cinnabuns

Camille429 said:
This is such a good idea! I tried it with my huge bottle of Mane 'N Tail shampoo that's just been sitting in my cabinet and mixed it with Suave Strawberries n' Cream conditioner. I got amazing slip! Thanks Cinnabuns :)

I'm so happy that the C-:Cow:-C Method worked for you. :weird:

I did it again last night and using the first 'C' which can be for a pree-poo I used one mashed ripe avacodo, 2 egg yolks and pure coconut oill, left it on for alomost three hours and rinsed out completely. In my COW mixture I used 2 small capfuls of Trader Joes Castille Soap with Peppermint oil added and three to four tablespoons of VO5's Peaches and Cream with water into my sqeeze bottle and rinse out. For my final 'C' I used Suave Milk & Honey Conditioner. Now Ladies I have to tell that my comb-out was really good and I can't even begin to tell you how strong my hair is now.

Usually in the past after a shampoo my hair would be so weak that even when I used a wide tooth comb I would get horrible breakage. But because I incorporated a great pre-poo and using the C-:Cow:-C Method, I can happliy say that my hair is now...

[size=+4]100 % Better![/size]

sugaplum

Star Shooter
Cinnabuns said:
I'm so happy that the C-:Cow:-C Method worked for you. :weird:

I did it again last night and using the first 'C' which can be for a pree-poo I used one mashed ripe avacodo, 2 egg yolks and pure coconut oill, left it on for alomost three hours and rinsed out completely. In my COW mixture I used 2 small capfuls of Trader Joes Castille Soap with Peppermint oil added and three to four tablespoons of VO5's Peaches and Cream with water into my sqeeze bottle and rinse out. For my final 'C' I used Suave Milk & Honey Conditioner. Now Ladies I have to tell that my comb-out was really good and I can't even begin to tell you how strong my hair is now.

Usually in the past after a shampoo my hair would be so weak that even when I used a wide tooth comb I would get horrible breakage. But because I incorporated a great pre-poo and using the C-:Cow:-C Method, I can happliy say that my hair is now...

[size=+4]100 % Better![/size]

Wow what a great mix? I like the pre=poo you used too. Hey what is Castile Soap and how much is it? Is it shampoo? Since Peppermint oil stimulates growth this is a great idea. :yep:

I noticed that when I did my "COW" I didn't need to add additional condtioner to my hair after the "COW" wash becuase my hair is well nourished and the slip is even better. :up:

baglady215

sugaplum said:
I noticed that when I did my "COW" I didn't need to add additional condtioner to my hair after the "COW" wash becuase my hair is well nourished and the slip is even better. :up:

I thought about skipping conditioner too... I may try this next time.

Cinnabuns

baglady215 said:
I thought about skipping conditioner too... I may try this next time.

Oh yes feel free to modify, your hair wil love you when you do what's best for it.

But most importanly make sure that you have fun doing it.:weird: The smells that I have created where really awesome, like Peppermint shampoo and Peach conditioner together smells soooooo good. I can still smell it in my hair now! :)

Mizani_Mrs

cinna, gurl i just have to thank you. I did the cow method yesterday and my hair has never been sooo soft. I did a pre-poo with ORS hair mayo. then i rinsed out and mixed my poo (mizani botanifying poo, vo5 peaches & cream conditioner, water). i think applied the poo to my scalp and massaged. rinsed. then applied my deep cond (mizani hydrafuse). rinsed. and i applied v05 as my leave-in. i love it, my hair feels so light and fluffy. thanks gurl, i will never use poo alone.

DragonPearl

Thank you so much for sharing. This fusion wash method sounds like a wonderful idea! I'm going to try it this week.

LiqueXX

I washed today just to try this method...

First, I put VO5 Strawberries and Cream on my dry hair. I then put CON and the VO5 in an old color bottle with water. I jumped in the shower and rinsed the conditioner out of my hair, I then squirted my COW mix in my hair twice, rinsing both times (the first rinse I was kind of wary because my hair was not really feeling that soft, but the second rinse my hair was silky as hell). Afterwards, I conditioned with ORS Replenishing pack for one hour.

The result was silky hair that I placed in a bun to airdry. I am loving this method, I love to wash but now I don't have to strip my hair to get that clean feeling.

sugaplum

Star Shooter
Mizani_Mrs said:
cinna, gurl i just have to thank you. I did the cow method yesterday and my hair has never been sooo soft. I did a pre-poo with ORS hair mayo. then i rinsed out and mixed my poo (mizani botanifying poo, vo5 peaches & cream conditioner, water). i think applied the poo to my scalp and massaged. rinsed. then applied my deep cond (mizani hydrafuse). rinsed. and i applied v05 as my leave-in. i love it, my hair feels so light and fluffy. thanks gurl, i will never use poo alone.

Ohh Mizani_Mrs..I'm def going to have to try this method. :yep: Over the weekend I used Nexxus Biotin Shampoo mixed with VO5 Blueberries & Cream Conditioner. My hair came out thick and lovely. :love: And most of all it wasn't weighted down. :) I'm happy you had a great experience with it. :weird:

sugaplum

Star Shooter
LiqueXX said:

First, I put VO5 Strawberries and Cream on my dry hair. I then put CON and the VO5 in an old color bottle with water. I jumped in the shower and rinsed the conditioner out of my hair, I then squirted my COW mix in my hair twice, rinsing both times (the first rinse I was kind of wary because my hair was not really feeling that soft, but the second rinse my hair was silky as hell). Afterwards, I conditioned with ORS Replenishing pack for one hour.

The result was silky hair that I placed in a bun to airdry. I am loving this method, I love to wash but now I don't have to strip my hair to get that clean feeling.

LiqueXX, girl you got me wanted to try this one too. :lol:

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I tried it and loved it! I mixed my drying megatek shampoo w. suave humectant. let's just say I won't be throwing the shampoo out anymore. I will continue to use this mix! :D

Survive4

Ladies, Ladies!!!!

Needless to say I'm hopping right on this bandwagon. With 4 heads to do each week I need as much help as I can get. And using up all the products that the junkie in me can't do without will be a blessing as well.

Although a quick run through my usual haunts for some new stuff may be . . .Help me the PJism is back. Step 1 - Admit you have a problem. Step 2 . . . :nono: :naughty:

sugaplum

Star Shooter
Survive4 said:
Ladies, Ladies!!!!

Needless to say I'm hopping right on this bandwagon. With 4 heads to do each week I need as much help as I can get. And using up all the products that the junkie in me can't do without will be a blessing as well.

Although a quick run through my usual haunts for some new stuff may be . . .Help me the PJism is back. Step 1 - Admit you have a problem. Step 2 . . . :nono: :naughty:

:lol: I know what you mean.

And I must admit that since I'm doing this challenge I have WAY more shampoo/conditioners. I even broke out the one's that I never used and now I'm mixing and using those. :yep:

beloved1

Using this method, I probably have enough to last the rest of this year, I pulled out my Herbal Essence and the Optimum conditioner I was going to throw away.

Cinnabuns

Jessy55 said:
Thank you so much for sharing. This fusion wash method sounds like a wonderful idea! I'm going to try it this week.

You're welcome Jessy55!

Let us know how it came out. :)

Cinnabuns

LiqueXX said:

I'm so glad that it worked out for you LiqueXX, :weird:

I'm gonna have to try it with the Starwberries and Cream ASAP. I'm glad that you got great results using this method. What do you think that you will use next? :)

Cinnabuns

Natrlchallenge said:
I tried it and loved it! I mixed my drying megatek shampoo w. suave humectant. let's just say I won't be throwing the shampoo out anymore. I will continue to use this mix! :D

Thois mix was awesome! I did this with Suave Humectant also along with some Suave Moisturizing shampoo with water in a ketchup bottle. My hair came out so soft.:) I perfer this combination over the rest so far.

alibi

hair bored
I knew I was avoiding this thread for a reason! :lol: With all the great results, now I gotta try this method for myself! :scratchch I'll let you all know how it turns out! :yep:

LiqueXX

Cinnabuns said:
I'm so glad that it worked out for you LiqueXX, :weird:

I'm gonna have to try it with the Starwberries and Cream ASAP. I'm glad that you got great results using this method. What do you think that you will use next? :)

I was thinking about using my Kenra MS and MC combo, I think this will work wonders because I already love both products. I also have the Suave Humectant Conditioner that I can mix with my Elucence shampoo. The combinations are endless.

I must say that ever since I have read this thread, I have been COWing (sp?). I have not used just shampoo without adding conditioner and water, and I love the results, my hair feels clean and very moisturized.

Thanks for the tip!!

Cinnabuns

LiqueXX said:
I was thinking about using my Kenra MS and MC combo, I think this will work wonders because I already love both products. I also have the Suave Humectant Conditioner that I can mix with my Elucence shampoo. The combinations are endless.

I must say that ever since I have read this thread, I have been COWing (sp?). I have not used just shampoo without adding conditioner and water, and I love the results, my hair feels clean and very moisturized.

Thanks for the tip!!

You're welcome LiqueXX anytime.

Oh I have not thought of using the Suave Humectant Conditioner that I can mix with my Elucence shampoo together. I have the Elucence but I don't have the Suave Humectant though. Maybe I wil try the Eluecence with Suave Biobasics (no this I have plenty of) at home and I'm going to try this combination tonight, I'll post tommorow as to how it went. :)

Cinnabuns

ayanapooh said:
I knew I was avoiding this thread for a reason! :lol: With all the great results, now I gotta try this method for myself! :scratchch I'll let you all know how it turns out! :yep:

Oh great we have another C-:Cow:-C lady :weird:

I'll be waiting to hear your results ayanapooh. :)

Survive4

Yesterday I tried this with my 4 year olds hair (my test case) ;) . I used Lustrasilk Aloe Vera as the pre poo and then rinsed after 30 minutes. I mixed Suave Tropical Coconut conditioner with Aubrey's Honeysuckle Rose shampoo and water in a Gatorade bottle (dang recycling took all the empty Ketchup bottles :mad: ). Did that twice since she had sand in her hair from the sandbox. Then conditioned with the Suave. Soft yet still tangled so I'll try a different shampoo. Anyone else have problems with tangles using the AO shampoo? Anyhoo, I like the results on her hair and will try it tonight on mine.

P.S. Went to Wegman's last night to ONLY GET AO GPB!!!! But the PJ in me just had to walk to the H & Bea. aisle. SALE :eek: White Rain Conditioners for 69 cents. I need a 12 step program right now!!!!

Cinnabuns

Survive4 said:
Yesterday I tried this with my 4 year olds hair (my test case) ;) . I used Lustrasilk Aloe Vera as the pre poo and then rinsed after 30 minutes. I mixed Suave Tropical Coconut conditioner with Aubrey's Honeysuckle Rose shampoo and water in a Gatorade bottle (dang recycling took all the empty Ketchup bottles :mad: ). Did that twice since she had sand in her hair from the sandbox. Then conditioned with the Suave. Soft yet still tangled so I'll try a different shampoo. Anyone else have problems with tangles using the AO shampoo? Anyhoo, I like the results on her hair and will try it tonight on mine.

P.S. Went to Wegman's last night to ONLY GET AO GPB!!!! But the PJ in me just had to walk to the H & Bea. aisle. SALE :eek: White Rain Conditioners for 69 cents. I need a 12 step program right now!!!!

:lol: @ 12-step program, girl this was too funny :lachen:

I'm going to have to try the Lustrasilk Aloe Vera as a pre-poo, I've never done that before. I've also never tried Aubrey's hair products before either but I am eager to give those a shot after all my products are completely gone. ;)

Please let me know how the C-:Cow:-C worked for you, I'd love to hear it and you can always pm me if you have any questions. I'd love to hear from you.:)

Last edited:

jasmin

Man, I can't wait to try this. I might be able to use up a lot of stuff that I don't really want anymore.

metalkitty

Man, I'm an insomniac.... But I tried this earlier and wasn't sure what to mix. I was about to use Adore and wanted my hair clean but soft enough to comb through afterwards. I did it different, minus the pre and post c's, just the COW I used 4 -6 pumps of Head Games Moisture Bliss Shampoo ( which I use as a clarifier) and a few squirts of Vo5 Kiwi & Lime con ( clarifying con) and @ 8 ounces of warm water. Dumped it over rinsed hair, and instantly was left with soft, very clean, but surprisingly moisturized hair :eek: . Being a little obsessive- compulsive, I used a follow up lather of NTM, color rinsed, then deep conditioned with my beloved Got2B so smooth Emergency Creme for 20 min. +, Rinsed and my hair felt great :D !
Anyways, Cinnabuns, you are a genius for taking a good idea and making it into a wonderful, easy to use system, this would've taken many of us a great deal of trial and error but you got the toughest stuff done for the 'impatient, results now!' folks like me. Thanks alot, chica:p . Mixing the clarifying poo with the clarifying con and diluting them gave me awesome results, I'll rarely if ever have to do it the 'normal' way again!