C-COW-C: a fusion wash method

Jewell

I like to wash my hair often. Sometimes every other day. This method is ingenius. Thanks so much Cinnabuns for posting! I am going to try this on Saturday! I copied and pasted the post to a blank document in Microsoft Word, saved it, and printed it out. That way I can have it for quick reference without getting online. Thanks again! :D

divinefavor

Where would deep conditioning fit in? Would it fit in right before the last conditioner.

When doing my regular weekly shampooing, I do a deep conditioner/sit under the dryer, rinse, then put on an instant conditioner and rinse and style.

Cinnabuns

Jewell said:
I like to wash my hair often. Sometimes every other day. This method is ingenius. Thanks so much Cinnabuns for posting! I am going to try this on Saturday! I copied and pasted the post to a blank document in Microsoft Word, saved it, and printed it out. That way I can have it for quick reference without getting online. Thanks again! :D

Thanks for the compliment Jewel :kiss:

Oh you are so welcome for the info on C-:Cow:-C Jewell, remember that if you have any questions you can always pm me. ;)

Cinnabuns

divinefavor said:
Where would deep conditioning fit in? Would it fit in right before the last conditioner.

When doing my regular weekly shampooing, I do a deep conditioner/sit under the dryer, rinse, then put on an instant conditioner and rinse and style.

Hello there divinefavor, :wave:

You could deep condition at the very end if you like, which would be the final 'C' - I often do this once or twice a month with LeKair mixed with Aloe Cholesteral. :) - So you're method would be something like :Cow:-C-C which is is fine too.

You could do it however you like. ;)

Cinnabuns

metalkitty said:
Man, I'm an insomniac.... But I tried this earlier and wasn't sure what to mix. I was about to use Adore and wanted my hair clean but soft enough to comb through afterwards. I did it different, minus the pre and post c's, just the COW I used 4 -6 pumps of Head Games Moisture Bliss Shampoo ( which I use as a clarifier) and a few squirts of Vo5 Kiwi & Lime con ( clarifying con) and @ 8 ounces of warm water. Dumped it over rinsed hair, and instantly was left with soft, very clean, but surprisingly moisturized hair :eek: . Being a little obsessive- compulsive, I used a follow up lather of NTM, color rinsed, then deep conditioned with my beloved Got2B so smooth Emergency Creme for 20 min. +, Rinsed and my hair felt great :D !
Anyways, Cinnabuns, you are a genius for taking a good idea and making it into a wonderful, easy to use system, this would've taken many of us a great deal of trial and error but you got the toughest stuff done for the 'impatient, results now!' folks like me. Thanks alot, chica:p . Mixing the clarifying poo with the clarifying con and diluting them gave me awesome results, I'll rarely if ever have to do it the 'normal' way again!

Thanks for the compliments chica :lol: You are so cute! :kiss:

I'm glad to have helped my buddies here at LHCF, you all have given me such great information that I had to share this and hopefully you all can pass it on to anyone else who has problems with poo and con results.

I thought the method would be good for people who have bought products in the past but did not work and is collecting dust on the shelf. If you mix them up with a moisturizing con then the results might just be great.:)

sugaplum

Star Shooter
Things are going great. :woot: I do this wash everyday and I :love: it. My hair is conditioned and not weighed down.

However, I do a pre-poo to my hair first (becuase for some reason conditioner works great on dry hair).

My hair is silky and well healthy.

Divastate

Ahhh this is the original thread- I love this method- my hair has never been easier (or quicker) to wash. Shampooing is no longer stripping or drying it just leaves my hair clean. Thank you so much for creating this thread Cinnabuns.

onepraying

Healthy Hair Quest..
MoooPoo! MoooPoo! MoooPoo!

It's fantastic! I don't know where this method has been all my life!

I like the smoothness of it. I mix my Moo Cocktail in a spray bottle. Keeps down the mess of pouring. I just have to squirt our hair a few times and it lathers so well. Maybe because I use NTM poo.

Sometimes I put 2 dollops of one cond. then a dollop of another then a dollop or two of poo. It is sooooo great!

I don't poo wash my hair no other way.

:yay:

msmerc

I just tried this last night. I started with the VO5 Strawberries n cream conditioner. I then mixed Dove Shampoo and Dove Conditioner for the wash. Then finally conditioned with Dove conditioner alone. My hair was soft and easy to comb. I will be doing this moo poo once a week on wednesdays, then regular shampoo on saturdays. I plan to moo poo until the weather gets cold. This should give me the extra moisture my hair needs.

sugaplum

Star Shooter
I still do. :wave: Hello everyone.

I use Dr. Bronners and Suve Strawberries and cream together mixed with water. i love it. :love: My hair is thriving off of it. I'm sporting a wig now to cover from it from the Cali winter weather.

bluediamond0829

i may try this once i remove my braids to see how my hair responds to it...sounds like a good method of keep the hair conditioned...whenever i shampoo my hair sometimes it feels hard and dry...before i got my braids put in i just started cowashing...

Healthb4Length

onepraying said:
Bumping for Alli77 and new members looking for a new method of washing

Anybody else still moo pooing?

Here I am!:lol: Yep! I absolutely LOVE this method, been doing it for awhile now but to be honest I haven't done it in a long time because I've been doing the C&G method and I forgot about this...I would just co-wash, but I will MOOing it for my next wash and I will post my results, I'm sure it will be Moorvelous!:lol:

HoneyDew

sounds fun. I am going to try this tomorrow.

Doing a CW never works for me because I need to wash out the silicones that I use. Besides, CW never seem to get my hair clean the way that I like it. This may be a nice option.

karezone

I have been doing this in addition to blow drying on cool/warm, and I see a big difference in my hair.

It feels thicker. I use less moisturizer all over. My hair feels really soft.

Cinnabuns

Hey ladies, I'm so glad that everyone is still moo-pooing. I for one have not stopped yet and my hair thanks me all the time. My last concotion was:

Panteen Hydrating Curls - 2-in-1 shampoo + conditioner mixed with a light Suave conditioner. :yep: My hair came out really soft.

I started conditioner washing again but my scalp got so irrated and scratchy, this is the only method that gets both my hair and scalp clean without residue. ;)

Last edited:

onepraying

Healthy Hair Quest..
Cinnabuns said:
I started conditioner washing again but my scalp got so irrated and scratchy, this is the only method that gets both my hair and scalp clean without residue. ;)

:yep: Me too, can you believe it? It's itching right now!:eek:

My moo cocktail wasn't mixing right for some reason and it wouldn't lather up. I decided to go to straight NO POO for curl def. (Plus, I was getting lazy!)

I want a more natural poo, then I can go back to my beloved moopoo....hmm, NurseN98 mixed up a good one, let me hit her fotki up!:grin:

Cinnabuns

onepraying said:
:yep: Me too, can you believe it? It's itching right now!:eek:

My moo cocktail wasn't mixing right for some reason and it wouldn't lather up. I decided to go to straight NO POO for curl def. (Plus, I was getting lazy!)

I want a more natural poo, then I can go back to my beloved moopoo....hmm, NurseN98 mixed up a good one, let me hit her fotki up!:grin:

Hey Onepraying, I was wondering where you were. I'm gonna go check out NurseN98's concotion right now also.

I have tried Giovanni tea-tree poo and con with my moo-poo followed by Giovanni's Direct-Leave-in and my hair came out perfect.

I find that natural shampoos are a good also such as, Bronner's Castile Soap, or Trader Joe's Natural Shampoo. :)

remnant

It's a good method, I use a similar one to wash my hair and weave during my weave challenge
I first wash the weave with the poo, secondly I mix thpoo and the conditionner together for my scalp and hair and the weave and at least I use the co-wash all my head, I take the time to rinse all very well!

Last edited:

alexstin

Thanks so much for this!!! My daughter's hair has never been so soft(like cotton!!:D ) I found though, that I prefer to dilute the shampoo, put that on the hair and then add the condition instead of mixing it all together.

Thanks again!

sugaplum

Star Shooter
Bump :wave:

Are any of you still doing this? What are you ladies using for this method? I'm using MNT shampoo & conditioner. Updates ladies please. :grin: