California Music Teacher Arrested For Beating The Brakes Off Disrespectful Student.

Theresamonet

Maywood Academy Teacher Arrested After Punching Student In Class
MAYWOOD (CBSLA) — A teacher at Maywood Academy High School was arrested Friday after a violent altercation with a student inside a classroom.

In the video, the teacher, identified as 64-year-old Marston Riley, can be seen decking the student after a confrontation. The two then go at it in a horribly disturbing fist fight, reports CBS2’s Tom Wait, all of this unfolding in a band class full of stunned students, some who recorded the incident with their cell phones.

The beating is nonstop, with the teacher wailing on the student, even using an object, perhaps his phone, to pummel the boy to the ground. Students and an adult try to pull the student away, but the teacher is relentless — the student struggled to escape.

“I was scared for the kid, and partly for the teacher too,” said one student who was in the classroom at the time. He told CBS2 the fight started after the teacher told the student he was not wearing the proper school uniform. The student responded with a tirade of racist profanities, which can be heard in the video before the fight started.

“It was just back and forth, back and forth, and then the teacher just decided to throw a punch and that’s when everything happened,” the student said.

Riley’s wife told CBS2’s Stacey Butler she had not spoken with her husband. “I don’t know anything. I don’t even know what happened,” she said.

The fallout from the video is just beginning. Parents are furious.

“I’m shocked. Why did it have to escalate to this point?” one woman said.

“I think something needs to be done. That’s way out of hand,” said another parent.

The district did not release a statement about the incident, telling CBS2 it was a personnel matter.

“I send my kids [to] school to learn, not to hit,” another parent said.

The student was taken to the hospital. He is believed to be OK.

Marston remained held Friday night on $50,000 bail at the LA County Jail.

Reinventing21

Spreading my wings
Interesting.

Just a couple of days ago in Missouri I think, a vice principal was beaten by three high schoolers when he tried to break up a fight. Other highschool bystanders could be heard laughing as the vp was being beat. It was posted on Snapchat. The article said they would not be charged as they are minors, two fifteen year olds and one 16 year old. The article also said they may be expelled.

Schools/laws need overhauling.

Platinum

Everyone (social media) says that the teacher swung first but no one mentions the kid hitting the teacher with the ball before the fight started. I have to commend the teacher for exercising the amount of restraint in the beginning. I can honestly say that if the student called me the b-word, "my n-word" a half-dozen times, then hit me with a basketball, I would have made him eat my fist much sooner than the teacher did.:boxing:

This is one of the reasons why I could not be an educator with the school system.

LivingInPeace

Everyone (social media) says that the teacher swung first but no one mentions the kid hitting the teacher with the ball before the fight started. I have to commend the teacher for exercising the amount of restraint in the beginning. I can honestly say that if the student called me the b-word, "my n-word" a half-dozen times, then hit me with a basketball, I would have made him eat my fist much sooner than the teacher did.:boxing:

This is one of the reasons why I could not be an educator with the school system.
He hit the man with that ball, then kept at it. Teachers have feelings. The expectation that we take abuse day in and day out and not respond is completely unrealistic.
Another reason I'll never work with that population...
See, there was a time when a child would have never fixed his mouth to be this disrespectful to a teacher. And back in the day, if he had, he would have gotten his behind beat, first at school and then at home by his father.
But times have changed and parents feel that their babies are entitled to behave like morons and this is the result.
This man will probably lose everything for responding like any man who has been disrespected on his job by a worthless punk.
This is why no one wants to work as a teacher. I wish he had beat that boy senseless. He deserved it and I don’t care what none of y’all think. If you’re calling an adult the n word and the b word, the result should be you getting the taste knocked out your mouth.

dyh080

Interesting that just a day ago my sister, who is a middle school teacher, was talking about the behavior in her class. Most teachers in her school deal with this but she said her colleague, a Black male teacher, is often the target from Black and Latino male students.

dyh080

See, there was a time when a child would have never fixed his mouth to be this disrespectful to a teacher. And back in the day, if he had, he would have gotten his behind beat, first at school and then at home by his father.
But times have changed and parents feel that their babies are entitled to behave like morons and this is the result.
This man will probably lose everything for responding like any man who has been disrespected on his job by a worthless punk.
This is why no one wants to work as a teacher. I wish he had beat that boy senseless. He deserved it and I don’t care what none of y’all think. If you’re calling an adult the n word and the b word, the result should be you getting the taste knocked out your mouth.

My sister is a teacher and deals with these parents on a daily basis. One parent has 3 sons who are in trouble every day....until the mother calls the school complaining about them being disciplined. Then the school administrators reverse their stance.

Shula

Everyone (social media) says that the teacher swung first but no one mentions the kid hitting the teacher with the ball before the fight started.
I've noticed that if a black person is involved and even the victim, they still won't tell the story right. Favor always goes to the other and not the black person. I'm thinking of the Asian nail salon woman hitting the black woman with the broomstick and that stick connected multiple times but they used such passive language to describe it that if you weren't paying attention, you would've missed it.

If it were the reverse, the language would be hyperbolic in how "vicious and animalistic" the black person behaved, no matter how mild their demeanor. I'm so glad camera phones are everywhere now. Otherwise, we wouldn't have a shot because the deck is always stacked against us.

Last edited:

janaq2003

Girl.. because thanks was not enough!

MzRhonda

Just as I don't condone teachers hitting kids , I equally don't condone physical abuse from the students. Teachers are expected to put up with so much. I have heard stories of kids hitting teachers ending back up in the class same day, no consequences. Why??!! Insane and needs to change.
and teachers being injured by students to the point they are unable to come back to work or ever work again and what do they get....Nada!!!!!