Called my salon about PhytoRelaxer...

ShiShiPooPoo

:eek: Ok, so I am trying to decide if I am going to get a phyto for my next relaxer when I end this stretch at 17 weeks. So I call a very popular salon here in ATL to ask some basic questions. Here's the transcript...

Me; Hi. Could you tell me a little bit about phytorelaxer?
Her; It's a soy protein based relaxer.
Me; If I want a bone straight result, should I be looking toward a different relaxer?
Her; It's a relaxer. All relaxers get your hair bone straight:mad: .
Me; Oh. Well I heard that if you are looking for super straight. It might not work for you. What other relaxers do you offer?
Her; They're all no lye.
Me; (getting irritated) What are those?
Her; Affirm, Dezire, and phyto.
Me; Thank you.
Her; mmm, hmmm.

Now what I can't capture for you was her tone. Just like I was bothering her or something. Very stuck up...snotty...siddity...boogieee. Now the stylist who did my hair there was the one who told me that phyto won't get your hair bone straight if that's what you like. I just wanted to get the opinion of someone else there. I am just a little irritated at the lack of customer service. She didn't explain the indexes or anything! If someone didn't have LHCF, what would they have to go on? How could they make an informed decision? Thank God for this forum!

ETA: She didn't even offer to book me an appointment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

ShiShiPooPoo

Penspringz said:
Don't take it personally because I don't think it was meant to be personal. :)

I know. It was just her tone was so nasty! I don't take things like that personal I just don't like poor customer service. I used to be a receptionist at a high end salon back home and they would have blown us a new one if they overheard us talking to customers like that. I was thinking, "maybe she was busy", but I'm not giving her a free pass. She could have passed me to a stylist that wasn't real busy or something. I'm going to call the other location and see if what I get is different.

newflowers

I wondering why the first person told you that Phyto wouldnot get your hair perfectly straight. I've been using it for years, and absolutely straight with no kink or curl but still with life and body is exactly what I get.

Very curious.

shunta

Girl I hate poor customer service, too!:mad: It really irritates me. Ive went thru a few stylists due to their lack of customer service. Yep, I feel you. Im so glad that I know so much more than I used to about hair and different products thanks to this board.

Kacie

newflowers said:
I wondering why the first person told you that Phyto wouldnot get your hair perfectly straight. I've been using it for years, and absolutely straight with no kink or curl but still with life and body is exactly what I get.

Very curious.

IMO, you have to use more phyto relaxer in order to get the hair bone straight. Y'all know how salons skimp on everything. Every stylist that has relaxed my hair acted as if he/she was scared to pile on the relaxer.

Covergirl5906

ShiShiPooPoo said:
:eek: Ok, so I am trying to decide if I am going to get a phyto for my next relaxer when I end this stretch at 17 weeks. So I call a very popular salon here in ATL to ask some basic questions. Here's the transcript...

Me; Hi. Could you tell me a little bit about phytorelaxer?
Her; It's a soy protein based relaxer.
Me; If I want a bone straight result, should I be looking toward a different relaxer?
Her; It's a relaxer. All relaxers get your hair bone straight:mad: .
Me; Oh. Well I heard that if you are looking for super straight. It might not work for you. What other relaxers do you offer?
Her; They're all no lye.
Me; (getting irritated) What are those?
Her; Affirm, Dezire, and phyto.
Me; Thank you.
Her; mmm, hmmm.

Now what I can't capture for you was her tone. Just like I was bothering her or something. Very stuck up...snotty...siddity...boogieee. Now the stylist who did my hair there was the one who told me that phyto won't get your hair bone straight if that's what you like. I just wanted to get the opinion of someone else there. I am just a little irritated at the lack of customer service. She didn't explain the indexes or anything! If someone didn't have LHCF, what would they have to go on? How could they make an informed decision? Thank God for this forum!

ETA: She didn't even offer to book me an appointment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now you know that you should not even bother with her or that salon...I do not tolerate poor service...If she had a stink attitude b4 you even went there...imagine how horrible it would be if you were to actually get serviced..

newflowers

Kacie said:
IMO, you have to use more phyto relaxer in order to get the hair bone straight. Y'all know how salons skimp on everything. Every stylist that has relaxed my hair acted as if he/she was scared to pile on the relaxer.

Seems to me that the other respondants are correct - you are far better knowing now and can avoid that place. If you can't get consideration and courtesy on the phone, you are not likely to get it in the salon.