Calling All Braided Sistahs

adassa

hey everybody. recently, an over active thryroid caused my hair to fall out by the handfull for about 3 months. i've seen a doctor so everything's under control but i am determined to be in braids for the next year and not relax it (i only started re-relaxing in may after about 8 years being natural) for a year.

do any of you knowledgeable ladies have any tips for me while i'm on my braid quest? is this it healthy for my hair to just wear braids for a year? how long should i keep them in at a time? what about care and maintainence while they're in (like washing, conditoning, trimmings, protiene, and moisture)?

i won't be living in the states again until july 2007 so i won't start any bsl goals or any other challenges like that yet; i just want the middle of my hair back!

thanks for your help.

Last edited:

determine3

Hey girl. I lot of women here follow the crown and glory method while in braids www.growafrohairlong.com which basically talks about keeping your braids and scalp clean, and keeping your braids (hair) moisturized. A lot of people here use infusium leave in spray to help with moisture. I'm sure you will receive great advice. There is nothing wrong with wearing braids for a year as long as you take proper care of your hair underneath. Also, be mindful of not having tight braids and your hairline.

Last edited:

londonjakki

I just put my hair in braids and am following Robins crown and glory technique..from www.growafrohairlong.com I've been taking vitamins and moisturizing every day with the infusium and braid spray...my hair is nice and soft underneath these braids..I even have new growth..

sareca

ITA. C&G is awesome I wore braids for years and never understood why my hair would break off when I took them out. That all stopped when I started doing C&G.

Last edited:

adassa

i just wanted to say thanks for giving me the c&g website. i'll be following the c&g method and i'll keep everyone updated on my progress because i am nothing but determined to have wl hair in the next 3-4 years!