CALLING ALL HENNA USERS RELAXED N NATURAL

mshoneyfly

You guys, how long do you deep condition after rinsing out your henna?

I mixed my henna powder with warm water and a little lemon juice. I also added a few pinches of sugar to make it smooth. Once it sits for dye release I add Eden Bodyworks deep condish to make a henna gloss. I left this in for 4 hours, rinse and cowash out with vo5 extra body condish. I got the best color that darkened after a few days with moist, strong, shiny, bouncy, detangled hair. After 3 weeks my Greys are still covered and my hair is still bouncen and behaven

Jewell

I use Nupur 9 herbs plus Reshma black henna mixed with lemon juice, water, honey, and a little oil or light conditioner. I leave it on overnight or up to 6 hrs. I love the results. Black hair that was thicker and shinier. Ive used Bigen permanent powder hair color for many yrs 2 wks after a relaxer, which is henna plus ppd for faster deposit and dye release, but havent done henna straight after a relaxer yet. I like Bigen as its faster than henna plus indigo, but I need like 4 boxes for all my hair. It thickens like henna and also loosens curl too.

Im touching up this wknd but will do a black rinse and clear glaze for shine instead of henna this time. I love henna but its so messy. I want to henna monthly, but the mess makes me reconsider. I might just suck it up and do it. My hair was not dry or brittle fromthat mix and it was my first time using henna and indigo (no such thing as black henna...its henna plus indigo). It does loosen curl. Aside from the mess, and how long you have to leave it on, I love it. Im texlaxed. I add Brahmi and other Ayurvedic powders to mine.

ETA- I mixed my henna and indigo to use it, and the dye had released, but I became too tired to apply it. So I froze it (already mixed), and never got around to it for nearly 6 months...when I did use it,it worked just fine.

Last edited:

Hyacinthe

I use Nupur 9 herbs plus Reshma black henna mixed with lemon juice, water, honey, and a little oil or light conditioner. I leave it on overnight or up to 6 hrs. I love the results. Black hair that was thicker and shinier. Ive used Bigen permanent powder hair color for many yrs 2 wks after a relaxer, which is henna plus ppd for faster deposit and dye release, but havent done henna straight after a relaxer yet. I like Bigen as its faster than henna plus indigo, but I need like 4 boxes for all my hair. It thickens like henna and also loosens curl too.

Im touching up this wknd but will do a black rinse and clear glaze for shine instead of henna this time. I love henna but its so messy. I want to henna monthly, but the mess makes me reconsider. I might just suck it up and do it. My hair was not dry or brittle fromthat mix and it was my first time using henna and indigo (no such thing as black henna...its henna plus indigo). It does loosen curl. Aside from the mess, and how long you have to leave it on, I love it. Im texlaxed. I add Brahmi and other Ayurvedic powders to mine.

ETA- I mixed my henna and indigo to use it, and the dye had released, but I became too tired to apply it. So I froze it (already mixed), and never got around to it for nearly 6 months...when I did use it,it worked just fine.

I like your take on using henna especially about freezing it.
i always wondered about that....
i will order the Nupur 9.
Thanks Jewell.:yep:

Wenbev

You guys, how long do you deep condition after rinsing out your henna?

I usually do a half hour max considering I usually keep henna in minimum 2-3 hours. Just be sure to use a protein free deepcondish otherwise your hair will rinse on the hard side.

Kilacurlz

I used Napur 9 herbs last night followed by indigo. I mixed the henna with water, a little lemon juice, vatika oil and a little condish. Left it in for 1.75 hr and indigo after. My hair is jet black. Grays, except a couple I missed, colored very well. I DCd over night with SM masque, followed by baggying for about 4 hours with Tresseme. (I was so scared my hair would end up dry). It's so soft. I could get used to this.

Next time I plan to leave both the henna and indigo in much longer. Had an allergic reaction to the indigo but I'm still gonna use it.

Jewell

lana

I conditioned for 20-30 mins max after henndigoing. Soft, moisturized hair. Hyacinthe- youre very welcome! I like Nupur 9 Herbs cuz u get a lot for cheap, plus the other herbs added is great.