Calling all L'anza protein shampoo and cond. users

kedra70

Calling all L\'anza protein shampoo and cond. users

Hey ladies!

I'm thinking about trying the L'anza line of protein shampoo and conditioners. If you've used these products, could you let me know your results? Were they worth the money? How does the shampoo make your hair feel? Does it detangle? What about the conditioner? Will I have to follow up with a moisturizing conditioner? My hair gets weighed down very easily.

My hair is relaxed (Mizani relaxer), thin, and measures to the base of my neck. I'm all over the place with products (I will buy and use anything! A true product junkie). One thing I'm trying to do this year is get a good hair care regimen going and grow my hair to bra-strap length.

All of you have been such an inspiration to me!

Thanks in advance,
Kedra

Re: Calling all L\'anza protein shampoo and cond. users

My hair is also relaxed and fine.

There are different lines under the Lanza collection.

From the Hair Repair Line: I LOVE the Lanza Protein Plus shampoo and have been using it now for a good couple of years I think. I use other shampoos from time to time but come back to this one. It cleans really well, smells gorgeous (like coconuts) and over time, improves the condition of your hair. It cleans without coating the hair or stripping it. Its a treatment shampoo IMO. The ingredient listing is one of the best I've seen on a shampoo label too. I got it after a rave from a hairstylist ages ago who said she sells out of it all the time. I bought it and haven't looked back since. For me, its worth the money. It doesn't necessarily detangle but is PH balanced, another plus for relaxed heads. Tracy mentioned that her hair got a little tangled when using it for a few times and switched to another shampoo as a change and returned to Lanza which felt as good as new again.

I have the Reconstructor which is also good. Not amazing or anything but it works well and has an impressive ingredients listing too.

From their Straight Line: I have used samples of the Curl Relaxing Shampoo which smoothes out the hair by elongating any curls/regrowth. It does work very well at this. I've yet to try the Curl Relaxing conditioner in conjunction with the shampoo but I probably will some day as I have a sample of this too.

I don't know if you've seen their website www.lanza.com but this helps explain alot of the products. Also, if you contact lanza they send you samples!

One of the best things I like about lanza though in general is the ingredient listing which is always pretty impressive.

hairfanatic

BRH,

When I saw this post, I was going to tell her...You may want to ask Brownrelaxedhair, but I see you got it covered. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

G

I use their Hair Repair Line and have been very pleased.

Allandra

I also use the hair repair line from L'anza (protein plus shampoo and the reconstructor). I really like each of these products.

kedra70

Allandra,

Do these products moisturize as well as strengthen? How long have you been using them and how often do you use them?

Thanks,
Kedra

Allandra - BRH answered some of my questions in her post above, but thanks again for replying.

kedra70

Thanks BRH!!!

The product junkie in me has been released. I'm going to purchase the protein line Saturday. I don't live to far from a beauty department stored called "Beauty Brands." They sell every type of hair product you can imagine - the best thing about them is that they sell small sizes as well (with most, not all products). It gives you the flexibility to buy something that might cost 20 bucks for 5, and get at least 5-6 uses out of it.

Thanks again,
Kedra

G

Could you get me a quote on the Hair Repair Reconstructor by L'Anza. It's like $11.00 at the online store I order it from.

Allandra

I tried the samples about a month or so ago (two separate shampoo times). Then after I ordered it, I started using the shampoo at least twice a week. As far as the reconstructor, I plan on using that 1-2 weeks before I get a relaxer touch-up and 1-2 weeks after I get a relaxer touch-up. When I used the sample pack of reconstructor, my hair was nice and soft after rinsing it out. However, I did follow up with a moisturizing leave-in conditioner like I always do. HTH.

kedra70

Thanks Allandra. I'll probably do the Lanza protein conditioner followed up by the Aubrey Island Spice rinse.

Kedra

kedra70

Bett1e,

I bought the Lanza Hair Repair last night - I got 4oz for $12.95.

Kedra

G

Well, that's not any cheaper than the site. Thanks.