Calling all Short & Sassy Relaxed Ladies

Garner

Question for any Short & Sassy Relaxed Ladies...

My daughter has her relaxed hair ultra short and works out. She sweats quite a bit while doing so and has it wrapped and scarfed. How do you manage from ruining the style?
Please share your techniques, products, etc. I do not want her to stop her work-outs due to this. She shouldn't have to make a choice between fabulous hair and a healthy, toned body. :nono:

Thanks!!! :)

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

girl this might be the wrong forum! (j/k):lachen::lachen::lachen:

i'm sorry, no members spring to mind for me... hopefully some will post

I was looking for waist length with color and LAYERS.. AND FOUND:blush: NADA!!! :lachen::lachen: i'm definitely not giving up the two

I KNOW THE FEW BLOGS I'VE READ, MOST OF THE LADIES RINSE OR CO-WASH NEARLY EVERY DAY WHEN WORKING OUT
I'D MAYBE LOOK or repost in the fitness forum as well

Garner

LOL You are probably right, however since she was aware of my membership, she wanted me to ask.
Surely we have some ladies with short, relaxed hair that are members here.

Dionnesse

Hi

I have short relaxed hair and work out! At its shortest it was in the old Rihanna mohawk style, growing it now so its approx 3 inches at the longest point.

When i go to the gym there is no other way to manage it than to wrap it - i would wear it wrapped for bed anyway.

After i work out my hair would be pretty much wet all the way around the edges - i sweat alot in my head.

I then cowash and leave in the conditioner whilst i go into the sauna/steam room at the gym (optional). Afterwards I rinse, squeeze out at much water as possible and then leave the towel on whilst i get dressed.

Afterwards, i spray a mixture of Aphogee pro-vitamin leave-in conditioner and Elasta QP Mango butter and olive oil moisturiser. Not too much though.

I then wrap my hair wet (all the way around) making it as flat and smooth as possible, i then tie my hair with a head scarf that is made from fine hair netting as this lets the most air get to my hair.

I go to the gym in the evenings and sleep like this overnight, in the morning my hair is normally dry, straight and slightly curved - the way it would be if i had sat under the hood dryer with my hair wrapped. I can either comb it down, or straight back into a kind of coif style - as it is short, this looks quite good. When it was shorter i would use my hair wax (not the greasy kind) to make it kind of stick up and choppy.

Even when i have my wash with shampoo days, i tend to air dry this way and then use the hair straighteners/tongs to style.

I hope this info helps your daughter!!

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
Tell her to purchase one of the mesh wraps that just wrap around the sides of the head. The top of the head will be out.

DON'T comb the wrap down until the hair is COMPLETELY dry. Her style should last a couple of days doing this. If she feels her hair is becoming flat. Have her brush her hair with a paddle brush and comb it out and then put a few rollers in to put the curl back in. Re-wrap the hair and she should be good to go.

Doing this should give her a good five days with the style.

back2relaxed

I have a very short haircut...ie Rihanna as well...I'm also growing it out some to be very short "chinese" bob...However when I work out...I just leave my hair out as normal. I sweat a lot and if I tie it down it makes my entire head wet. If I leave it out, onlly the edges are damp..and they dry out pretty quickly. I moisturize when I get home, and wash weekly. If she is planning to rock a short style for awhile, to me you don't have to worry about the hair as much b/c you will keep getting your style shaped up.

Missi

Help...my mother has the toni braxton (back in the day) short cut. She wraps her hair at night but it has no bump...she flat irons every morning to bump. Wat can she do or use so she has a bump. Should she co-wash, pin curl.

back2relaxed

Help...my mother has the toni braxton (back in the day) short cut. She wraps her hair at night but it has no bump...she flat irons every morning to bump. Wat can she do or use so she has a bump. Should she co-wash, pin curl.

I wouldn't wrap it every night. If its curled and short, she may want to get one of the mesh wrap caps to tie down the sides, edges, and back, leaving the top out. If she wraps it, it will be pretty flat.