Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Coconut oil

• Other (please specify)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cat_Eyed_Cutie

I used Surge for about a week and a half, and got serious dry scalp with giant flakes. I've read that you can add oil to the bottle to combat this problem and was wondering what kind of oil you would recommend. I have Equate Castor Oil USP (does anyone know what the USP stands for?) from Wal-Mart on hand that I use on my eyelashes and was wondering if using this would be okay. Please help...This is my first poll (YAAAAAY!) so bear with me, I hope it works.

ChasingBliss

Any of those oils except rosemary or castor oil, because castor oil is a little to thick and rosemary might be too strong (for me anyways). I would mix those oils with another type of oil first.

OnceUponAtime

USP = United States Pharmacopeia
This identifies the product as meeting US pharmaceutical standards.

I use castor oil directly on my scalp after spraying, but I haven't tried adding it directly to the Surge bottle. It's thick and I would be afraid that it would eventually clog. Also, I use Surge on my hair only at times and castor oil is too sticky for my hair. I'm going to experiment though. Maybe I'm worrying for nothing.

oglorious1

Mixologist
Two solutions: 1. Try putting WGO on your scalp prior to spraying, this usually helps me or 2. try a dilution of filtered water and surge, but I diluted mine with 1/2 Surge, 1/4 Infusium 23, 1/4 WGO, 1/4 water, and 4 or 5 drops of peppermint oil. HTH

LABETT

I use sta so fro or Roothealth after spraying my hair with
Surge and I do co washes and I am flake free.

Aalize

Olive, jojoba and/or Wheatgerm or Avocado oil for its healing properties. I would not use the rosemary since it may irritate your condition even more. Wheatgerm oil stinks though.

PretteePlease

#fakeworkouts
i surge then spray my scalp with distilled water for the tingling sensations i dont have flakes but i have only been surging for a week.

BAILEYSCREAM

I don't add anything to my surge, but if I had to, I would use jojoba as it's light and closest to our natural hair oil.

However, I do use surge oil or WGO before I surge. HTH.

chanou

I also add castor oil to my surge and it works fine for me- I don't have any measurements, I just added some-

Wolftrap

I don't add anything to Surge. But I spray ORS olive oil spray on my scalp after I use it. and I also wash mostly twice a week. Once in a while more. But I have had no flakiness or itchiness after doing this.