Calling all Texturized girls, I want to know your hair regimes

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

Calling all Texturized girls, I want to know your hair regimes. Newbie here!!!

Hi ladies,

Newbie here!!:grin:

I have been lurking around this board for a month now and I just had to give in and join this morning. It's a pleasure to be here.

I just did the big a chop like a month ago after being frustrated with my relaxed damaged hair. I decided to texturized my hair but I had no clue about how to care for my new texturized hair. I have learnt alot from reading all of the posts that I have seen here. However, I am trying to avoid being a product junkie. lol. so I need help finding the products to promote long, healthy, texturized hair. I want to know what shampoos, conditioners, styling products and oils do you ladies use on your texturized hair. (the whole works). What's your hair regime? Let me know all the good stuff.

Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Thanks alot

Last edited:

AceH

Welcome CLASSYEBONYGIRL!!

Let's see, you wanted to know about regimes. For my texturized hair, I shampoo twice a week (Tuesday, Saturday), and I use Neutrogena Triple Moisture shampoo and conditioner. Every 3 weeks, I use Pantene Clarifying shampoo to battle product build-up. I wash my hair in the shower, and I use a seamless shower comb to detangle while water is running down my hair. Once I've shampooed and conditioned, I allow my hair to air dry. Before my hair is completely dry, I add a moisturizer or leave in conditioner. I alternate between Elasta QP mango butter, Elasta QP Oil Recovery, a mixture of oils, Infusium 23 leave-in, and Neutragena creamy leave-in. I wrap my hair up with my doo rag and go to sleep.

My MAIN product is Softsheen Gold hair activator/moisturizer. In the morning following my wash, I thoroughly moisturize my hair with this product. I put my hair in a bun, and go on about my day. At night, I thoroughly moisturize my hair with the softsheen gold and wrap my hair up (I might use a plastic cap under my doo rag), and in the morning, I have very Very moisturized hair. For my hair, moisture is key.

My main protective style is a bun. My album has a few more bun pics, and a couple of flat iron pics. I wear my hair in a bun about 99% of the time, so that's why there are more bun pics. Every 5-6 months, I straighten my hair with my ceramic flat iron to check on length progress. I will be adding pics of my hair in its texturized state soon.

I think I just about covered everything.

Oh yeah, I do my touch ups (texturizer) every 10 weeks. I use Motions Oil Lye relaxer which I leave on my hair for about 6-8 minutes in order to achieve a relaxed curl. HTH :wave:

sengschick

The Bun Master
Re: Calling all Texturized girls, I want to know your hair regimes. Newbie here!!!

I poo a few times per week (3 lately, b/c I need to retouch and am trying to stay hydrated). I use Nexxus products most often. I poo w/Therrape and Botanoil. Condition w/Humectress, Keraphix, Nacidit Avocado and AO GPB. I use Emergencee for more intensive protein once per month. My leave-in consists of Lacio Lacio mixed w/Humectress, then I follow w/an avocado-castor oil mix. I let my hair dry in twistouts most often b/c it's more manageable for me than my air dried loose hair. I have more styling options and I like the curls from the twistouts better. In the summer I typically do just wash n' go though or put my hair in a clip during the day as it dries. I use an activator for those (World O' Curls or Stay Sof Fro) just to keep my well hydrated.

I'm texturized w/the PhytoSpecific Index 1 (mild). Sometimes I wait 20 weeks to re-touch, sometimes 15, this time I wanna only go 10 b/c I'm itching to relax!

Nonpareil

I'm still trying to get a handle on my own routine. In the summer, I wash every 3 days, but now I'm down to once a week. I use Cream of Nature Shampoo (moisturizing), a Dominican hair conditioner of choice (insert 1 of 20 here), and sometimes follow up with either a rinse or Suave Humectant as a final conditioner because it really defines my curls. While my hair is still soaked, I apply NTM Leave-In, a couple gobs of Blue Magic Curl Activator Gel, and a light layer of coconut oil over than - I then let it dry naturally. My Wash-N-Go's last a week (if I sleep on a satin pillowcase), and get better as they age.

amy1234

Re: Calling all Texturized girls, I want to know your hair regimes. Newbie here!!!

hi classyebonygirl, welcom to the forum!! I am too getting adjusted to a newer regimen for my texturized hair but some of the products that I use now are : miss keys 10 en 1 or nacidit avocado conditioner (moisturizing conditioners) , nexxus emergencee or cpr (protein) . I also texturize with the affirm creme relaxer system in normal strength - that includes the protecto , creme relaxer, 5 in 1 reconstructor and normalizing shampoo. I would recomend this line to you, it is quite gentle on the hair -here is the website for more info: http://www.avlon.com

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

Hey ladies,:bouncy:

Sorry for taking so long to reply. I just wanted to say thanks for sharing all your information with me. It's greatly appreciated. I actually went out and bought this book (Curly Girl by Lorraine Massey) after being clueless about caring for my new texturized hair and I am just loving it.

I currently have some Nexxus products along with Elasta qp mango butter,Elasta qp DPR, smooth and shine activator gel, Sebastian Wet, Elasta Qp feels like Silk, Suave Milk and Honey, Mane and Tail, Surge Plus 14 and also some Wonder 8 Oil along with some other hair products. I feel like a product junkie but hey, I had some of these products since I had relaxed hair so I just have to use them up. But I just wanted to find the right ones just for texturized hair. I should be on my way back to long healthy looking hair.

thanks again.

Tulie:grin:

Ps. Shouts out to> Den1, Model_chick717, nita4, CurlyCrly, sweettrini, misscrystal and Ayeshia. I finally came through.:) :dinner: