Calling all Wig/Instant Weave wearers

Hi, I havent seen a general thread on this so I wanted to start one. Post what kind of weave/wig you have, your experience and a link to pictures if you have any of them.
I have an instant weave and a short human hair one, I like the style of the instant weave but its a bit too wispy. My pictures are in my fotki, I like them but Im still looking for a more realistic looking one while my hair grows out to at least a few inches.

Tai

I have a total of 3. My new one is San Francisco Girl by Freetress, I have a totally instant weave by Sensationnel, and Teri by Outré. I'll probably get a few more since I want at least one curly style and I'd love to find a human hair one, as well.

MomofThreeBoys

I have three but only two are in my album. They are the "quickweave" brand. One is straight, a little pass shoulderlength, the other is curly and looks like a straw set or braid out.

I think the one I have in my album is actually sanfrancisco girl...Im considering trying a lace front but since theyre pretty expensive I have to really think it through (cant afford to have buyers regret).

MonaLisa

This is the one I'm rocking with a headband...:) It's from Sensationnel...HZ8000, Human Hair.

TigerLily

I got about 7 or 11 wigs. I lost count, lol. I get my wigs from contrastwigs.com, 123wigs.com and Rosalies wig store on ebay. I got pics in my album. Click on the link for pics and check out the 'My hair friends' album. :)

stacy

I just ordered a headband wig because my hairline on the left side is thinning to the point of being spotty. I thought Surge was helping, but it is still spotty. I think that the wigs I have contribute to the problem. I am about 8 weeks post relaxer and trying to stretch as much as I can to help my hairline grow back. My hair is currently in individual braids (to reduce styling manipulation and try to retain my ends). I ditched the baggie; I just wear my satin cap at night and my wig cap during the day when I wear the wig. Have any of you experience hairline problems wearing wigs? What did you do? Do you think that wearing a headband wig will help? MonaLisa, do you just buy your own headband to wear with the instant weave? How does that work? That may be a good alternative for me. Thanks, ladies.

hOnii

i'm currently wearing san fransisco girl by freetress.

http://public.fotki.com/hOnii2/wigs!/freetress_shake_n/

MonaLisa

stacy said:
I just ordered a headband wig because my hairline on the left side is thinning to the point of being spotty. I thought Surge was helping, but it is still spotty. I think that the wigs I have contribute to the problem. I am about 8 weeks post relaxer and trying to stretch as much as I can to help my hairline grow back. My hair is currently in individual braids (to reduce styling manipulation and try to retain my ends). I ditched the baggie; I just wear my satin cap at night and my wig cap during the day when I wear the wig. Have any of you experience hairline problems wearing wigs? What did you do? Do you think that wearing a headband wig will help? MonaLisa, do you just buy your own headband to wear with the instant weave? How does that work? That may be a good alternative for me. Thanks, ladies.

Sorry Stacy...I just came across this....I use my own headband, it's a very comfortable stretch one. I just put on the 3/4 bad boy first, then put on the headband. Wa-la. lol.

I have not encountered any problems as of yet...I just make sure I always keep my hair moisturized...and soon as I arrive home..I take it off...back first (I don't even use the back comb)..then remove from front area.

I have to stop myself from saying I have on a wig when I get complimented on it. I'm still in disbelief that no one realizes it's a wig. I just went to a gathering at my girlfriend's yesterday...and a former blanco male co-worker was there...and apparently he was looking cause when I was leaving he was like..."I see that you're letting your hair grow out..." I was like.."Um-huh..."
and kept it movin'...;)