Can Anyone help

natalie

Hello ladies,

I need as much advice as possible.

I had a really bad experience at a solan about four months ago. As a result my hair broke from collar bone length to 2 inches, and I am sooo depressed. That was my first visit at that solan and I only went because I just moved to Las Vegas. Normally, I got my hair relaxed every 6-8 weeks at a Dominican Solan but I can't seem to find any here in Nevada. I want to go back to self-relaxing but I wondering if this is a wise choice.

Recently, I have been doing the no poo method for only about a week and that seems to be combating the dryness. When I do shampoo, I use Nexxus Botanoil along with a Nexxus conditioner. I deep condition on the weekends and I also do hot oil treatments with Nexxus Botanic Oil natural oil replenisher.

I am taking vitamins and I work out 4x a week. My hair does seem to be growing at the roots, but I am not maintaining length.

I definatly want to continue relaxing my hair but I don't know which brand to use. In the past I've used soft and beautiful no lye but, I now realize that it my have been contributing to my dryness.

My questions are:

What am I doing wrong?
Can I grow my hair back without getting braids?
Can you please advise me on good daily moisturizers?

My hair has never been this short and I just don't know what to do.

Please Help me

thanks

Jenai

How are you styling your hair on a daily basis? I am asking this because before coming hair boards and learning better, I was using a <font color="red">curling iron</font color> every day. You may need to give up or at least lessen the amount of heat that you use every day because excessive heat will damage even well-conditioned hair.

adrienne0914

hi, natalie!

welcome to the group!!! i'm SO sorry to hear about your salon experience. i can definitely understand how you feel. even though it's hard to accept now, it DOES grow back.

it sounds like you have a pretty good regime going, but how are you styling your hair on a daily basis? i ask because i think it would benefit from a no-heat style such as a braid or twist out, or even a straw set. you can moisturize really good and not cause further damage with heating tools. i also ask so that i can recommend a good moisturizer based on that.

adrienne

natalie

Thank you for responding,

Yes, I do use a curling iron because my hair is too short to style any other way. I am begining to wonder of it will grow back. I can't help but cry every time I look in the mirror. I will try to find another way to style my hair in the mean time but, I would rather not have to braid it. I really need to find a good moisturizer or somtheing to combat the dryness on a daily basis. Can you give me any suggestions

Tracy

Natalie how lng is your hair? That would help people envision your length and make suggestions....

natalie

Hi Tracy,

My hair is about 4 inches on the top(at most) and 2 inches in the back. I am due for a relaxer soon so you can imagine how awful it looks. I don't want to do anything to make matters worse. So what ever you all suggest will be greatly appreciated.

Jenai

What about rollersets? You could purchase some magnetic rollers (small) to set your hair. If you use a moisturizing setting lotion, dry it, and then cover your hair with a satin sleeping bonnet at night, the set should last until you wash. I use Elucence MB conditioner or BnS creamy set to set my hair then partly airdry and after dry with bonnet hairdryer. I styled my hair this way when it was cut short, and I still rollerset now that it is longer. I know it is hard giving up the curling iron everyday, but your hair will thank you for it. HTH

natalie

GiGi,
I was so down on myself that I missed the obvious. I used to get my hair roller set a while back when my hair was pretty healthy. Are you using Elucence relaxer as well? I am switiching to a lye relaxer but I'm not sure which one to choose.

deborah11

natalie,
i am so sorry to hear of your bad hair experience. please IMMEDIATELY give up the no lye relaxer. this past year i have had so many hair problems as a result of a no lye and i have lost about 8-10 inches of hair this year and my hair is shorter than it has ever been. i have recently switched to a lye relaxer, design essentials, which i like but my hair is still very dry as a result of the no lye and my hair is still not as straight as it should be because the no lye did not straighten it. please also give up the Heat and roller set your hair as this has really helped me alot. Humestress moisturizing treatments weekly have also helped me. i try to wash my hair and condition it 2x week. i know how depressing this is believe me, i have been there and i am still struggling. in time your hair will get better and it is growing. you just have to hold on to it as it grow.
Moisturize it daily. keep us posted! deborah