Can anyone tell me if this is a Light, Medium or Heavy Protein?

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest

I needed something light that I can use weekly but I'm not sure about this product. Does anyone know? The only protein listed is placed in the middle of the other Ingredients and it's Keratin Amino Acids.

DrC

IMO, I think this product is HIGH protein. Most products I see that are for damaged hair usually consist of high protein to reconstruct the bonds within damaged hair (even though I feel that damaged hair should be snipped off), and by the looks of your avi, I don't think you need it. I say go for something much lighter. HTH

WaistLengthDreams

Keratin Protein -- adds structure to the outermost layer of hair to strengthen the hair and make it more pliable.

And the word "Hydrolyzed" will come before some of these proteins and/or "amino acids" in the place of the word protein. It means that the protein has been broken down into its component parts for more effective/easier penetration into the all 3 layers of the hair shaft (i.e DEEP conditioning).

Hydrolyzed Keratin can be found in the middle of the ingredients list of Nexxus Keraphix Restorative Strengthening Conditioner. And I would consider that a moderate to mild protein.

So my best guess (since I've never used that product) would be that it is also a moderate to mild protein.

Hope that helps!