Can Hair be to thick to Wrap?

vaqtea

I was just wondering if hair can be to thick to wrap .......?

My hair is super thick and I cant for the life of me get it to

wrap/ lay down :mad: . At first I thought it was me but after numerous

attempts Im starting to think my hair being so thick is the problem!

Any ladies with thick hair have trouble wrapping?

Or any ladies with thick hair actually get your hair wrapped?

RZILYNT

vaqtea said:
I was just wondering if hair can be to thick to wrap .......?

My hair is super thick and I cant for the life of me get it to

wrap/ lay down :mad: . At first I thought it was me but after numerous

attempts Im starting to think my hair being so thick is the problem!

Any ladies with thick hair have trouble wrapping?

Or any ladies with thick hair actually get your hair wrapped?

I don't have thick hair, But I have family that do and they get their hair wet wrapped at the salon all the time. It just takes a loooonnnng time to dry. You could go to a trusted place to let them do it on your hair and use their techniques or just practice practice practice on your own until you perfect it to you liking....

RZ~

Missi

hym:ohwell: .........try a silk wrap......it seems to help a lot of people....but hey.......lets bump this and see what more ppl have to say

mzhotniz86

shoot , Im trying to get some answers too! lol My hair is thick as heck and after sitting under the dryer with a wrap , i end up having to flat iron my roots out in the middle (its hard to stay away from heat ) I tried a rollerset on my last wash that came out cute, but I want my hair back straight!! For my wraps back in the salon days, my hairdresser would put setting/ wrap lotion on my hair, part it (wherever side she was going to comb the hair around) and comb it down straight. then i would sit under the dryer until it was mostly dried. then she would BLOWDRY out the parts that were still damp and put oils on it and wrap it and sit me back under the dryer. that is the only way i can get my hair to lay down, lots of HEAT lol

imstush

My hair is thick and I usually do wet wraps. I let it air dry, and I would have to do it from let's say Friday night and keep it wrapped until Monday. Otherwise...rollersetting and sitting under the dryer could possibly do the trick.

JazzyDez

If that is your hair in your siggy pic then I would love to have hair that thick that I couldn't even wrap it!

glamazon386

Are you wrapping it wet or dry? If you don't want to do a wet wrap you can just wrap it after you've rollerset or flat ironed. You just might have to do it sections and then pin it down. Like do one section and pin it. Then do the next section and pin it. Until it's all wrapped. Then put your scarf on. After you've done it a few nights your hair should flatten out some and it'll fall back into the pattern of the wrap.

RubyWoo

Have you considered doing the 'cross wrap'? That may be easier to do for your hair in sections as half your hair is going in one direction and the other half is going the other direction.

vaqtea

bmoreflyygirl said:
Are you wrapping it wet or dry? If you don't want to do a wet wrap you can just wrap it after you've rollerset or flat ironed. You just might have to do it sections and then pin it down. Like do one section and pin it. Then do the next section and pin it. Until it's all wrapped. Then put your scarf on. After you've done it a few nights your hair should flatten out some and it'll fall back into the pattern of the wrap.

Flyygirl,

I was trying to wrap it dry but my hair is just so darn puffy! :mad:

Next time I will try to use the pins to hold the hair in place.

glamazon386

vaqtea said:
Flyygirl,

I was trying to wrap it dry but my hair is just so darn puffy! :mad:

Next time I will try to use the pins to hold the hair in place.

Have you tried putting some moisturizer on it to smooth it out a bit while you're trying to wrap? Are you using a comb? I usually use a paddle brush. It works better for me.

ETA: Oh yeah get the really big hair pins.