Request Can I Create An Off Topic Random Thoughts Thread?

Would you like to have an Off Topic Random Thoughts thread?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SheenaVee

If we can have a random thoughts thread in every other forum, and we can have a drunk talk thread, I don't understand why we can't have a random thoughts thread.

We are mostly adults in here. I don't even know what went down in the Random Thoughts thread to have them banned but:

1. That was a long time ago now.
  2. It's really not fair to 'punish' every single (paying:look:) member by not allowing it. There are people who weren't even on the forum when the random thoughts stuff went down, why should they also be 'punished' for something they weren't even around for?
  3. Sometimes people want to talk about something but don't want or need to create a whole new thread about it. A RT thread would solve this problem.

Honey Bee

Imo, the reason why the RT drama occurred in the first place was because people didn't just go 'head on and shade each other out in the open as situations came up. Unlike nowadays. :look:

People claim the board got messy. No, I think the board got honest. :look:

SheenaVee

Well... seeing as I haven't received any vehement no's from the admin and this thread hasn't been locked or poofed, I'm gonna take no answer as a yes.:look:

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
That's crazy there wasn't anything untoward in that thread. I enjoyed it. Maybe we can call it something else like "what are you thinking of " or "potpourri". It's amazing they will shut something down but not respond to questions in the update thread or suggestions area. They never even responded to this thread.

faithVA

That's crazy there wasn't anything untoward in that thread. I enjoyed it. Maybe we can call it something else like "what are you thinking of " or "potpourri". It's amazing they will shut something down but not respond to questions in the update thread or suggestions area. They never even responded to this thread.

Yeah that's bugging me too. In two months time we can't get answers to basic questions. I can understand not being able to get to things daily but it doesn't appear to be any attempt to answer anything.

danniegirl

I like the idea of a Potpourri Tread

However

Changing the tread title didnt seem to work in the past but maybe a different direction with a "random " thread would be acceptable like a Life's Q&A or a Life FAQ or Life hacks tread were General questions about random life could be pondered asked and answered

mzpurp

I don't really understand how things go around here and I know folks have made these arguments before on this site because I've read them, but how is it that everyone pays for this site, but you can't get answers on whether or not you can have the thread and then it just gets poofed with no explanation?

mzpurp

After the last one was closed, they were forbidden. Certain subjects can have random threads, like hair and health but OffTopic random threads have eventually led to battles between people.

Is that stated in the rules/guidelines for the site? If so, then I can understand that.

But nothing was going on in that thread that would've caused them to be concerned, unless I missed out on some drama!

faithVA

Is that stated in the rules/guidelines for the site? If so, then I can understand that.

But nothing was going on in that thread that would've caused them to be concerned, unless I missed out on some drama!

I don't know if it is in the rules or guidelines. I haven't read them in a while. I was just here when the last one was closed and remember the conversation.

MzLady78

After the last one was closed, they were forbidden. Certain subjects can have random threads, like hair and health but OffTopic random threads have eventually led to battles between people.

And IMO then you should deal with those issues/posters as they come. Banning an entire type of thread from one section of the board because it "might" get out of hand is silly.

faithVA

And IMO then you should deal with those issues/posters as they come. Banning an entire type of thread from one section of the board because it "might" get out of hand is silly.

I agree but it's not my board. I think those involved should get a warning and then if they continue ban them. :ohwell:

Status
Not open for further replies.